Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

About photo comments

last reply
9 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Realizing that those most likely to comment on pics may not be Forum users, but asking anyway:

What specifically motivates you to comment on a member's personal photo? How 'hot' does someone have to be?

Feel free to post about attributes or reasons not appearing in the poll.

(I have no dice in this 'game' but have seen enough attractive photos with zero comments to be curious.)
It's been a long while since I've offered comments on anybody's pictures, but when I did it was nothing more than a friendly gesture just to tell those people:

"Hey I took notice of your pictures and now know what you look like."

Mind you, some of those pictures were mildly suggestive, but the few friends that I've made here weren't the type to post dozens of explicit pictures. I'm simply not interested in that part of Lush, if I'd want to masturbate I could just open a new tab in my browser and find thousands of pictures that perfectly suit my fantasies and that absolutely no one here could ever offer me as plentifully (or remotely compete against).

Note: I didn't vote in your poll because none of the options represent my reality.
Quote by FirstBlush
Realizing that those most likely to comment on pics may not be Forum users, but asking anyway:

What specifically motivates you to comment on a member's personal photo? How 'hot' does someone have to be?

Feel free to post about attributes or reasons not appearing in the poll.

(I have no dice in this 'game' but have seen enough attractive photos with zero comments to be curious.)

Jai, I wanted to check off one of your choices but they do not quite fit why I do or don't comment on a friend's photos.
First of all, I only comment on some people's photos because I think they are done in good taste, and because I want the lady to know I find her visually attractive (usually). I want her to know that I enjoy looking at her, and wonder how else I might enjoy her----not always meaning something sexy.
But I have some friends who are just drop dead gorgeous. Some of their pics are so astonishingly beautiful, I just don't know what to say!
Then there are sets of photos that I think are just plain ugly and offensive. That always has to do with the low-minded way in which they are presenting the lady in question, and not the lady herself.
So I really look at someone's pics that I care for, and unless the pic is indescribable to me, I will usually say things that I think the lady wants to know.
I don't really look at/comment on photos much anymore, but it depends. If it's a cockshot and it's a nice cock, I comment. If it's a full frontal nude and they look good naked, I comment. And so on. Basically, as long as something about the photo catches my interest, I'll comment.
Quote by Dancewithme

Jai, I wanted to check off one of your choices but they do not quite fit why I do or don't comment on a friend's photos.
First of all, I only comment on some people's photos because I think they are done in good taste, and because I want the lady to know I find her visually attractive (usually). I want her to know that I enjoy looking at her, and wonder how else I might enjoy her----not always meaning something sexy.
But I have some friends who are just drop dead gorgeous. Some of their pics are so astonishingly beautiful, I just don't know what to say!
Then there are sets of photos that I think are just plain ugly and offensive. That always has to do with the low-minded way in which they are presenting the lady in question, and not the lady herself.
So I really look at someone's pics that I care for, and unless the pic is indescribable to me, I will usually say things that I think the lady wants to know.

Singularly insightful as always, T. I agree that some of the options were phrased more for 'push poll,' and that the further the discussion travels outside the poll box, the better.
Often, I am apprehensive to comment on a user's photos unless I have confidence that it is actually them in the photo. I'd feel dumb to praise a sexy pic only to learn a few weeks later that I was being catfished (it's happened to me, multiple times). Once I believe that the photos are legitimate, I'll still hold off until I can think of something worthy to say beyond "very hot" along with a dozen other users. The picture doesn't even need to be one of the most flattering or seductive (e.g. bathroom mirror selfies vs studio lights and a tri-pod mounted camera) although the more alluring the image, the easier it is to leave thoughtful praise.

Now, if their photos are deliberately not of themselves and are merely there to show what things they like, then it defaults back to the second condition. I need to think of something as enjoyable to read as it is to look at said image, less it just become more background noise on the site.

The one exception, however, would be memes. If it's funny and topical enough, I'll leave a comment, any kind of comment, just to give it the attention it deserves.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

I haven't been here long and don't know whether I've actually commented on a pic. If I have a favourite 'part' it's probably bottoms. My favourite pictures aren't necessarily glamorous ones, but ones where a lady is looking very natural and where I feel she's really sharing her nakedness with me. I suppose I mean one that makes me feel close to her and intimate, not holding anything back.
I might check out some pics on peoples' profiles from time to time, but I don't usually make comments. If I do, there's probably been some degree of alcohol involved, and I doubt that it's been much more than "nice picture" or "You look hot," which in retrospect, I wish I hadn't written because it's not very original or interesting.

Don't believe everything that you read.

It could any of those things. If I see something i like....I will either olge fora bit, or i'll ogle and than comment.
I just want to be someone's everything....is that a problem?
Sometimes, if someone really attracts me while chatting or communicating in the forum, and I went to their gallery, I would write a very complimentary comment. I rarely comment out of the blue, though, particularly if there are a lot of other comments there. I would be respectful regardless, but if I do comment, I would remember it as it's not something I do willy nilly.