50 Shades of Grey

last reply
11 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Time for the truth......so what do you men REALLY think about the 50 Shades of Grey books / film?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My girlfriend read them when they first came out and she enjoyed them. Curious, I read them too. I'll admit that many of the scenes turned me on and usually led to some hot sex between the two of us. Neither of us had any interest in 'acting out' things from the book but both admitted that the ideas and fantasies of the book were pretty arousing.

Outside of the sex passages I enjoyed the whole ex-boss revenge plot and Christian's backstory was pretty interesting. I didn't really care for many aspects of the ex-submissive/stalker plot ("I'm gonna agree to meet with her because that's smart!" -idiot...) and the details explaining just how rich was his family seemed to come up way more than necessary (We get it, he's loaded. Stop introducing shit that he owns with every passing chapter.).

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know this is ask the guys but I couldn't help sharing my view as well.

I only read the first book. I didn't really like it to be honest, I only read it because I work in a book store and it was going to be the next big thing so I thought I would give it a try. The writing wasn't all that great (there are countless videos on youtube that show this at it's finest), and there are better books on this topic, with better writing, story, characters, etc. It worries me that this series is so popular because there is miss information in there and it isn't a very good representation of the BDSM lifestyle. There are times when it isn't completely consensual, and if this is a person's only experience/view of this kind of relationship they may think it's alright for these things to happen. I know people say it's just a book/movie and they think people make too big a deal out of nothing but if we can blame/fault video games and movies for real life violence than it's crazy to think that nothing negative could come from a book like this.

I have actually had a lot of men get angry at me for selling this book in the store I work at, I'm not sure if it's because their wives/girlfriends are so into it or that they are actually against it but I always find it funny when they scold me as if I have a say in what's sold lol.
0 likes
No real interest. Too much other stuff piled on my reading list and if I want good erotic BDSM fiction (which is rare since I'm not that into BDSM), Lush can scratch that itch.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wife read them all. I started to read it but thought the writing was horrible. Better stories here for sure.

Got my wife hot and bothered and it's not like she needed a boost to her sex drive. We do it whenever we can.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I've read positive reviews of the book and negative reviews of the book. I considered the sources of the reviews (most of them from here at Lush) - and I've chosen to ignore the thing altogether.

Since I'm not really into that lifestyle, I don't feel as though I'm missing out on anything relevant to me, anyway.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I went to the movie with my wife. Honestly I was fully expecting a "Majic Mike" quality but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that bad. Was nothing spectacular by any means but not terrible.
Lurker
0 likes
I have zero desire to see this movie. I did read all of the books just to see what the hype was about. I was hoping they would somehow get better. I found them to be unrealistic and was not impressed. It's not my lifestyle and I wasn't turned on by it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
liked it so much I read the sequel
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've not read the book but saw the film. I wasnt impressed, whilst it was not a terrible film it did seem rather tame for the subject matter.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I read all the books and found them pretty erotic and they certainly seemed to get my wife hot. That said, she had zero interest in seeing the movie.