Your ideal date

last reply
14 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I'm just trying to get a feel for what constitutes the "perfect" date for women. Post your idea of a dream date, or accounts of any particularly good ones you've been on, whether its the standard dinner and a movie or something a bit unusual.

And yes, i know that how good a date is depends on the person your'e with, but come on - we cant help our basic inadequacy! :P

Thanks! smile
Lurker
0 likes
my perfect date isn't at night time.. i prefer the afternoon around lunch time.. i no i should funny saying this but i LOVE PICNICSsmile i think they are romanticheart and you and the nature makes it all the better:) and afterwards walking along the sea wall hand in hand<3 that is my date:) well in the summer time<3
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Something casual!

I've been on so many dates where I have been taken to a lovely restaurant, and to be honest all I feel is pressure! Pressure to dress up extra fancy, to try and make my usually wild hair nice and sleek, to have perfectly applied makeup, and pressure to be on my best public behaviour. I really just don't feel myself, so it doesn't do any of us favours.

I like nice casual things like outdoor cinema, grabbing a coffee and as said above, picnics! Something that allows for a lot of talking, and a little more close contact than you get with a big dinner table and fifty forks and knives between you. I also like the good old fashioned grabbing a drink after work. Cause if that goes well, it can lead to dinner, or even better, to a nice dance session!
Follow my blog! Latest post: Shake Your Bootie
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Something simple.. and I agree with Justinebaby, picnics are so wonderful.. there the perfect date.. or to a park.. and what makes it special is that, your not under so much pressure. you don't have to get all dressed up and go some where special. you're in a public, non fancy place. Perfection.
Allie
(:
Allie <3 Baby <3 Mmm <3
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Does it make me not so nice if I say "France"?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
July 4
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Does it make me not so nice if I say "France"?

Honesty is good. smile It's nice to know up front how much effort it's going to take.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Now that our little one is much easier and better with sitters, we do date night, and it's still wonderful! Our sitter is close by, so I'll shower and take my stuff over there. I change and get ready and he picks me up, always bring a few flowers or something, sometimes a silly little gift, and it's just like the old days! We go out to dinner, usually at a new place, catch up on our day, go to a movie or a club, where he "summons up the nerve" to grab my butt or kiss me, and it still feels good, eleven years later!
The perfect date isn't where you go or what you do, it's who you're with.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
just me and him ............a picnic ............a walk ................and lets see where it leads
Lurker
0 likes

A Perfect Date ....

It really constitutes the chemistry between two people.

I have had extravagant dates that were nice but because the chemistry wasn't there, it wasn't "it". I have had coffee/tea dates down at Granville Island that were wonderful and the cost was $4.50 for the coffee. I actually think, my date wins more points with me for simple and not trying to impress me. Buying a $100 bottle of wine, or showing off his platinum Visa/whatever; that pretentiousness just doesn't impress me.

If my special someone said ... perfect date - what do you want to do? I'd say, let's go get some groceries and cook together at home. (the only down side to that is clean up later?)

To be relaxed, the kind of music on that we like .... and able to joke, laugh, dance, play .... that makes a great perfect date for me!

Van
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
These are some of my favorites: A picnic on a sunny beach, a romantic walk through tall piles of snow, a canoe-ride through some whitewater
Lurker
0 likes
Hypothetically as I'm taken it would be someone spontaneous, funny and intelligent who loved music...I'd take them to a gig with drinks at a pub first to chat. If they knew how to have a good time they might get a second date. hypothetically of course(smiles).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
July 4

Oh, That Type Of Date!!

A perfect date for me would be something simple, maybe a walk through the park after fresh fallen snow then off to pub for glass of wine and some nice talk. Just relax and enjoy each others company. Or maybe a private picnic by a babbling brook. To me, its not what we do or where we do it but who I do it with.
Lurker
0 likes
Rutab for me, I like my dates to be ripe and juicy
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
If it's a first date, then casual drinks always works best. That way you're not committed to a long activity or that will take half the day or the entire night if you're just not feeling the chemistry.

If you already know the person, or the chemistry and vibe is already in place, then I like casual things like going to the beach, exploring an interesting part of the city, something active like hiking or kayaking, a blanket under the stars, cooking dinner together, or a night where you just check out a few cool little martini bars or lounges. I also like popcorn and smarties with a few coronas in bed while watching a movie together at home. I definitely prefer the casual, rather than formal dates, in general. The person I am with is the main attraction for me, not the background of what we're doing...