Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Women and War

last reply
41 replies
3.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes

Should Women be on the frontlines in a war?

22 votes remaining
Yes (20 votes) 91%
No (6 votes) 27%
Maybe sometimes, please explain (3 votes) 14%
I don't care (4 votes) 18%
Sunny and warm with showers later (3 votes) 14%
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by myself
Even though women have been fighting along side men since the beginning, the thing I would worry about is the intense natural inclination or preference to protect a woman which would lead to distraction.

After Thought -
Rethinking this, I have come to a personal conclusion that women should be at the front lines. The more the better. After all, if invaded at home, there would be no doubt that most of our people, old and young, male or female, would do whatever it took to survive.
Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by Kyle

On the question of , a strong confident well trained warrior would understand that she could face and worst if taken alive. Warriors are not gripped by fear of what might be they live in the present.

Exactly Kyle.

It's true that men use to own women, to embarrass and humiliate us, and to make us feel like dirt. Just another caveman power trip that is so cowardly, especially in groups.

But for any woman that's been trained as a soldier- she knows the score. is possible if captured by the enemy, and it's not like she won't take that into account when she decides to become one (assuming there is no draft at the time). It's a serious psychological mindfuck, as Freefallin says, but you have to be a warrior in the first place to fight in real combat.

The more I think about it, the warrior mentality works for me outside of war too. War isn't the only possible reality where finding more strength to cope is necessary for a woman in the world.
Lurker
0 likes
I think that the subject has been reviewed and the only variable I see between the 150 pound male soldier and 150 pound female soldiers is the factor. I do not mean a one time so the captive know who is in control.

I mean the day after day multiple . How many of us could withstand such treatment and for how long, before we revealed what the captor wants to know?

Men and Women alike are subject to other types of abuse.

Every woman and commander sending female troops into the front lines must try and answer this question.

I am generally considered strong psychologically and with the will to face anything.

But I do not know the answer to this question and I doubt if anyone else does either.

But it must be asked.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WHR43
I think that the subject has been reviewed and the only variable I see between the 150 pound male soldier and 150 pound female soldiers is the factor. I do not mean a one time so the captive know who is in control.

I mean the day after day multiple . How many of us could withstand such treatment and for how long, before we revealed what the captor wants to know?

Men and Women alike are subject to other types of abuse.

Every woman and commander sending female troops into the front lines must try and answer this question.

I am generally considered strong psychologically and with the will to face anything.

But I do not know the answer to this question and I doubt if anyone else does either.

But it must be asked.

And the only person to answer it would be a female captured and repeatedly and then released. Whether through rescue or escape.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
My two cents on the issue.

Men can be too... Not as likely but I can see someone a man with an object just to humiliate him. Or female soldiers a man with their guns or a bat or some horrible shit.

Also I think that the fear of torture for a man if captured is probably equal to that of woman's fear of .
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DamonX

Allowed by whom?? War is a reality. Its human nature. Let's not cloud a good discussion with useless idioms, shall we.

Hahaha.. and than you made a decision to take a rota arm and tell what is or itsn't good enough statement for discussion?

I always thought that different opinons bring 'best' in us.. so we can learn, improve ourselves, change our or other opinion... and with all of that friendships are groving, right? And I still believe no meter how strong is your opinion on something always be polite.. we are all adoults here.
Lurker
0 likes
I gave my vote to yes.

If one woman wants to be next G.I.Jane it is not me to stop her.
Joining army is not easy decision to make, for nobody.. there are always consequences.. mental, physical, emotional
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Quote by Kyle

On the question of , a strong confident well trained warrior would understand that she could face and worst if taken alive. Warriors are not gripped by fear of what might be they live in the present.

Exactly Kyle.

It's true that men use to own women, to embarrass and humiliate us, and to make us feel like dirt. Just another caveman power trip that is so cowardly, especially in groups.

But for any woman that's been trained as a soldier- she knows the score. is possible if captured by the enemy, and it's not like she won't take that into account when she decides to become one (assuming there is no draft at the time). It's a serious psychological mindfuck, as Freefallin says, but you have to be a warrior in the first place to fight in real combat.

The more I think about it, the warrior mentality works for me outside of war too. War isn't the only possible reality where finding more strength to cope is necessary for a woman in the world.

When I was thinking about woman as warrior you came to mind. Your right of course that the warrior mentality is not exclusive to war. The concept of warrior is particularly potent and human.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by She
Quote by DamonX

Allowed by whom?? War is a reality. Its human nature. Let's not cloud a good discussion with useless idioms, shall we.

Hahaha.. and than you made a decision to take a rota arm and tell what is or itsn't good enough statement for discussion?

I always thought that different opinons bring 'best' in us.. so we can learn, improve ourselves, change our or other opinion... and with all of that friendships are groving, right? And I still believe no meter how strong is your opinion on something always be polite.. we are all adoults here.

I agree that different opinions are great. If we all had the same opinions I probably wouldn't even come n here at all.

I just thought that particular comment was somewhat pointless. Oops. Did I just pee in the pool?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DamonX
Quote by She
Quote by DamonX

I agree that different opinions are great. If we all had the same opinions I probably wouldn't even come n here at all.

I just thought that particular comment was somewhat pointless. Oops. Did I just pee in the pool?

Huh, do you have issues with prostate?
Lurker
0 likes
I remember vividly the day when I heard that Spc. Lori Piestowa had been killed in Iraq, the circumstances (if they can be believed...)surrounding her killing, and the fact that 1)she was Native American (like me) and 2) that she left two small children at home. I cursed the Administration that started this senseless, bloody waste of life and treasure...and offered tobacco to Great Spirit for Lori and her family. War is senseless, unless one's homeland is invaded by an aggressor (guess who?). Lori died believing in what she was doing - she died as a Warrior. There is a tradition among us Natives...we respect the Warrior's Gift, regardless of whether we agree or not about the fight...kizi n'klozi...8h8.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Since this topic actually relates to me... haha I'll throw in my two cents:

No.

The biggest and most prominant problems in the service with women serving on the front lines are twofold:

1. The issue. This has been discussed at length above so I won't go into it. You know the problems here.

2. The way men react to protect women. When a woman is in combat men will put themselves in danger to help protect them. If a man is shot one guy will stop to help him, but if a woman is shot five guys will stop to help her. If a woman finds herself in a dangerous situation, men will automatically put themselves in danger to protect her. Not saying they won't do it for other guys, but the effect is magnified when it's a woman.

WE might be aiming for gender equality, but not everywhere we fight is, in fact a lot of places aren't and that would cause a lot of problems in and of itself as well.

In the military the mission must come first. If it's going to interfere with the mission, which fair or not it does, it can't be allowed. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings but I'd rather not go with the guys and have more of them come back alive than go with them and lose extra people because I needed to prove that I had balls too.

p.s. there already are women on the front lines, just only in specific jobs (MP and Medic specifically)
Right there. Oh yeah baby. Right there.