Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Why do the nice guys always get passed over when girls are looking for a guy?

last reply
59 replies
9.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think it depends on the types of girls your talking about too. There are nice girls out there, looking for a nice guy, it's just sometimes they're shy or quiet. Just because the flamboyant girl who catch your eye isn't interested, doesn't mean the girl behind her isn't.

But bad boys do supply one thing in spades... adrenalin.
I'm not saying nice guys can't be exciting, only that they are understanding and compassionate, which takes away some of that adrenalin rush.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth
This was bumped up after two years had passed?

Apparently so :P
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I've read everyone's posting on this and all I can say is I've never been lucky enough to have a girl even say hi to me or respond with a kick to my nuts for simply offering to buy her a drink. I have always given women my respect but it's never really gotten me anywhere so I guess I'm just stuck alone (no drama) but hey I still have my stories, not that anyone will read them to the nice guys my hat goes off to you to the ladies a simple bow to your beauty and grace that others do not see or merely overlook
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well ladies I fall into both categories..I respect you if you respect me...and I am confident and will lay done my life to protect you while you are in my company......
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I want a nice guy that treats me very well, until he gets in the bedroom then I want someone that is sexually adventerous.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have never passed up a nice guy in favor of a bad boy. In fact I really dislike cocky jerks. (Their is a massive difference between cocky and confident.) I like the kind of guy you'd be proud to bring home to your parents. P.S. Ladies, guys like that don't change, YOU CAN'T CHANGE THEM, and its a waste of time trying.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I think because girls want what isn't good for them. What they can't have. The danger excites us! But it's always a mistake in the end!
I hate cocky jerks too but confidence is sexy, and the nicer guys can be a bit afraid to be confident!
I like gentlemen in the end though, ones who won't take my crap, because i'm very determined, but will love me and be good fun and will treat me like a princess smile
You must give up the life that you had planned, in order to live the life that is waiting for you..
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by matt7198
I've read everyone's posting on this and all I can say is I've never been lucky enough to have a girl even say hi to me or respond with a kick to my nuts for simply offering to buy her a drink. I have always given women my respect but it's never really gotten me anywhere so I guess I'm just stuck alone (no drama) but hey I still have my stories, not that anyone will read them to the nice guys my hat goes off to you to the ladies a simple bow to your beauty and grace that others do not see or merely overlook

aww that made me feel really bad but you have to be bold and catch her eye! Have a little confidence in yourself! If you want her to respect you, then you have to respect yourself first!
You must give up the life that you had planned, in order to live the life that is waiting for you..
Lurker
0 likes
I dont get this either! I feel like all my friends like the Ass holes and jerks. Its frustrating. Me I love the nice guys. Sweet guys, shy one, mama's boys and ones who can be a little shy. I know plenty of nice guys that still have confidence and that are protective with out being cocky jerks who are full of themselves. Such a turn off when guys act like that. Personality is key. I don't care hoe good looking everyone thinks they are if they have a piss poor attitude. They just get uglier in my eyes but an okay looking guy can look the most attractive if they are nice and have a good personality.
Lurker
0 likes
I prefer a nice guy, so I couldn't tell you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i married my nice guy and so have all my friends and girls i know so..

i dont think its true that nice guys always get passed over but then again it depends on what you define as a nice guy- some nice guys are confident, fun interesting men and those will always find a good girl if they want to but others are insecure, needy and total door mats and no self respecting woman really wants that.

also there is another factor: a lot of times guys (nice guys too) pick a girl who herself isnt very nice or mature enough to appreciate them and then are surprised when she doesnt want them..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On the subject of nice guys... I read this recently and it came to mind for this thread:

http://www.heartless-bitches.com/rants/niceguys/niceguys.shtml
Why "Nice Guys" are often such LOSERS

I think it's a good rant that sums up my feelings on 'nice guys'.

Really though, nice guys and bad boys are just two extremes. Something in the middle is great - a guy that can save me from spiders and other scary things with one well-aimed smack. The ability to crush insects is the perfect example of the perfect guy; something dies brutally - macho, and it's a heroic act - nice guy.

Yes, kill my spiders and I will love you forever.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jingle
On the subject of nice guys... I read this recently and it came to mind for this thread:

Why "Nice Guys" are often such LOSERS

I think it's a good rant that sums up my feelings on 'nice guys'.

Really though, nice guys and bad boys are just two extremes. Something in the middle is great - a guy that can save me from spiders and other scary things with one well-aimed smack. The ability to crush insects is the perfect example of the perfect guy; something dies brutally - macho, and it's a heroic act - nice guy.

Yes, kill my spiders and I will love you forever.

WOW, then I'm your SHY guy hehe....Live in the country that's all I do all day for my mom and sis smile

I know this is a question for the GALS...but it is a GREAT question. I'm one of the guys that Clam up around the ladies because I don't know what to say. I guess it so I don't look like a total DUMBASS in front of them. I have been passed up A LOT because of this and don't know how to change my ways.

There's a lot of great advise on here the Ladies of LUSH are the GREATEST :) I will even take some of it to heart THANKS LADIES
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dude, I have no idea why. Its happened to me before -____-
I'm halfway gone.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I'm sure it's confusing when you hear women complain that they want romance and sensitivity, but then here we are jumping the bones of the asshole we are complaining about. The truth, the God's honest truth...Nice is boring. No matter how hot the guy is, if he is too perfect, too sweet, and there is no spontaneity, nothing to challenge us and gets our blood boiling a little bit, then he falls into the dreaded "friend zone".
It's known as the "friend zone" just like in the movie, Just Friends. It's hilarious, rent it. Anyway, it explains how a guy can easily make himself into a Mr. Roger's goober by being too nice, too agreeable, and down right needy.