Where is the line?

last reply
13 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ladies, when you're out at a bar or club and you exchange so glances and eye contact with a guy and he comes over to talk to you. You're attracted to the guy and open to a conversation to size him up. Where is the line between good flirting and desire for you versus going overboard and inappropriate? (aside from groping you or something like that)

Does it vary on guy and situation?
What one thing can he say that will piss you off instantly?
How close to the line do you want him to get?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Where is the line between good flirting and desire for you versus going overboard and inappropriate?

* I don't like it when the guy tries too hard or tries to get too sexual too quickly. I think at first the best kind of flirting is done with the eyes and subtle body signals while the convo is somewhat normal. If a guy starts right away with sleazy talk or is trying to close the deal too fast it's a total turn-off. Also if the guy is really drunk, it's a turn-off. Oh, and if he's standing around with douchey friends who feel the need to interject and become part of the 'pick up' routine like they're "bro's on the prowl" setting each other up for clever one-liners and pick-up opportunities - that's also a huge turn-off. Like instant arrogance or winking at his buddies or wing-man and signalling that it's "gonna be a good night tonight brah, rawwr" (yes, we can see you guys doing that, even when you think you're being subtle), that is also a very bad move.

* Not really - although if I'm really drunk or high or extremely attracted to the guy, I'm probably more forgiving in general.

* Bragging or mentioning money, cars or anything that gives me the impression that he thinks I'm some blonde gold-digger/princess and this is going to score him instant-points. It doesn't.

* Subtle is best. Don't overplay it. Don't look desperate. Just be normal - the flow from intros, to flirting to physical contact (if there is any) should be very natural and not forced.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
DD really said how I feel; I especially hate the bragging. Another thing that is a huge turn-off is talking/texting. If you are interested in me, the damn phone can wait.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Where is the line between good flirting and desire for you versus going overboard and inappropriate?

* I don't like it when the guy tries too hard or tries to get too sexual too quickly. I think at first the best kind of flirting is done with the eyes and subtle body signals while the convo is somewhat normal. If a guy starts right away with sleazy talk or is trying to close the deal too fast it's a total turn-off. Also if the guy is really drunk, it's a turn-off. Oh, and if he's standing around with douchey friends who feel the need to interject and become part of the 'pick up' routine like they're "bro's on the prowl" setting each other up for clever one-liners and pick-up opportunities - that's also a huge turn-off. Like instant arrogance or winking at his buddies or wing-man and signalling that it's "gonna be a good night tonight brah, rawwr" (yes, we can see you guys doing that, even when you think you're being subtle), that is also a very bad move.

* Not really - although if I'm really drunk or high or extremely attracted to the guy, I'm probably more forgiving in general.

* Bragging or mentioning money, cars or anything that gives me the impression that he thinks I'm some blonde gold-digger/princess and this is going to score him instant-points. It doesn't.

* Subtle is best. Don't overplay it. Don't look desperate. Just be normal - the flow from intros, to flirting to physical contact (if there is any) should be very natural and not forced.

I agree with Dancing Doll. I'l add that buying me a beer can't hurt.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
overboard and inappropriate?

Well the glance that lingers waaaaaay to long on inappropriate areas.
Yes Im a girl and yes I have boobs...a quick glance should assure you of that, no need to spend the first part of the conversation staring at my chest.
Although on one noteable occasion I did laugh at a guy who got sprung looking and gave me the cheekiest wink. I think this proves the idea that some
Men by dent of their charm are able to get away with just about anything.

I'm fairly forgiving, I understand that it can be quite daunting to approach women and I know alot of women that can be cruel in their rejection of a mans attempts to start up
a conversation, but in general anything that is crude tends to put my back up straight away.

LOL thats a hard question to answer it depends on the man and the level of attraction.
I like dancing around that line, flirting with the possibilites. Charm goes along way with me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Oh, and if he's standing around with douchey friends who feel the need to interject and become part of the 'pick up' routine like they're "bro's on the prowl" setting each other up for clever one-liners and pick-up opportunities - that's also a huge turn-off. Like instant arrogance or winking at his buddies or wing-man and signalling that it's "gonna be a good night tonight brah, rawwr" (yes, we can see you guys doing that, even when you think you're being subtle), that is also a very bad move.

isnt it funny how they think we cant?

those are the guys we'd just let buy us drinks, then laugh when they looked surprised that the night didnt end with them coming home with us.
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by littlemissbitch

isnt it funny how they think we cant?

those are the guys we'd just let buy us drinks, then laugh when they looked surprised that the night didnt end with them coming home with us.

Yeah, it's that bragging about a conquest before it's even happened thing that turns me off.

I think anything that gives the feeling that the guys are lions hunting on the club-savannah and you are a miscellaneous gazelle that he's eyeing purely because he's hungry and needs a meal. It's not very flattering. And even if it's true, don't make it look that way. Pretend you have some kind of genuine connection with the girl, even if it's just mutual lust, and don't make it seem like it's a game that your buddies are in on, and urging on in that kind of immature 'let's all get laid tonight' way.

As soon as I get a whiff of that 'bro's-on-the-hunt' vibe, I've always just walked away.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Damn I'm glad I am married. I was never a bar pick up kind of guy anyhow. When I was single and ended up with a girl from the bar it nearly always was after someone introduced us, or we chatted amongst a group, ended up tossing darts or playing foosball or something, and had a few laughs, then somehow it just happened.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

THIS!

Any trying to hard attempt that is completely over the top immediately puts me off. Mind you, charm can allow you to pull off some things that others can not. But as a general rule subtly is the key.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Yeah, it's that bragging about a conquest before it's even happened thing that turns me off.

I think anything that gives the feeling that the guys are lions hunting on the club-savannah and you are a miscellaneous gazelle that he's eyeing purely because he's hungry and needs a meal. It's not very flattering. And even if it's true, don't make it look that way. Pretend you have some kind of genuine connection with the girl, even if it's just mutual lust, and don't make it seem like it's a game that your buddies are in on, and urging on in that kind of immature 'let's all get laid tonight' way.

As soon as I get a whiff of that 'bro's-on-the-hunt' vibe, I've always just walked away.

i always thought it was good for a giggle to use their weakness against them...i used to giggle a lot ;-)
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Classified
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Damn I'm glad I am married. I was never a bar pick up kind of guy anyhow. When I was single and ended up with a girl from the bar it nearly always was after someone introduced us, or we chatted amongst a group, ended up tossing darts or playing foosball or something, and had a few laughs, then somehow it just happened.

Never a player! So true.
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i've never brought a woman in my bed this way(i mean the first night). Maybe i was too timid but at least even when it didn't happen later i enjoyed quite a good time, since i've alwas thought sex is not only a physical interaction.
Trying to sound cool. Too much work left.
Lurker
0 likes
I think I am not hard to approach, but if you are drunk or high don't bother. Neither is precurser to a good night.

More mature men seen to be able to function without thier posse.

Guys decide if it is more important to impress the lady or your buddies. As always DD is right on the mark.