Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What non-sexual qualities do you find most attractive in men?

last reply
23 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
1 like
Chuckanator
There are so many posts about sexual preferences just because this is an erotica site, but I was wondering what qualities you find appealing in men of the non-sexual nature. I thought I'd ask a question one time not involving cock size. Lol
The ability to make people laugh..I don't care what a man looks like if he can make me laugh..sexy oh so sexy!
Alpha Blonde
I like a guy that's intelligent, outgoing and just a little bit twisted. I do like a dark sense of humour. Real honesty is more important than loyalty. And fun - the guy's gotta know how to enjoy the moment and not get distracted by the future.
Active Ink Slinger
A man who is strong when he needs to be, but is not afraid of breaking down/crying. Confident without being arrogant (OK, I like a lit bit of arrogance), someone who makes me laugh and also holds my hand when I am falling apart, doesn't judge me, doesn't try to control me, has the balls to stand up for me, and doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks.
Rainbow Warrior
When they care about doing what's right, not just what's best for them!
Chat Moderator
Intelligence, confidence, humor, stability, an open mind, thoughtful, considerate, and knowing his worth. It wont hurt if he can cook also. I have actually been fortunate enough to find a man like this...twice.
Active Ink Slinger
Probably predictable, really: strong without being brutal, confident without being brash, funny, reliable and most of all, loving.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by BethanyFrasier
When they care about doing what's right, not just what's best for them!

Nice responce! We have a saying at my house, "Stand up for what's right, even if you stand alone"
Rookie Scribe
Sense of humor
Stability - emotional and financial (he doesn't have to be rich but he must at least be capable of supporting himself/a future family)
Leadership - a guy who can make decisions
Kindness and humility
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
Handbags, definitely handbags
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Active Ink Slinger
Smart, but are very patient with the intellectually challenged.
Witty and wouldn't hurt if he's funny.
Arrogant but not overbearing.
Doesn't demand what he won't be willing to give in return.
Treats his mom well, even in public. Not mama's boy, though.
Active Ink Slinger
Sense of humor, but not at others' expense, confidence and smart.

I want to laugh and be intellectually challenged but not have to worry about his feelings if he's challenged.
Active Ink Slinger
Being a man amongst men.
Being respectful of women.
Lurker
Biting wit, heavy sarcasm and twisted humour.
So laid back they're almost horizontal.
An ability to have fun in almost any situation.
Active Ink Slinger
His smile, his smiling eyes and without a doubt his sense of humor! If he has me laughing... He has me!
Lady GlitterGiggles
Confidence, intelligence, and humorous.
Lurker
Intelligence, loves to banter, his warm smile, eyes and his confidence in the board room and the bedroom.
Lurker
Intelligence and skill at absolutely anything is very sexy.
Lurker
confidence, honesty and the ability to make someone smile
Her Royal Spriteness
surfing skills and a boat load of cash. know anyone like that?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
Good personality, good sense of humour, easy to be with, loving and caring, easy on the eye and a strong sense of right and wrong. That's not TOO much to ask for, is it???
Active Ink Slinger

Great question! The problem is, though, that as soon as some particular trait of a guy becomes an attractor for me, it becomes sexy. And I don't mean sexy as in "let's go someplace and fuck or make love...". No. To me, sexy is "I like you so much I want to be with you. I'm making a choice to be with you and not anyone else".

Lots of guys have traits I admire, but sometimes a particular trait or mannerism inspires me to want to keep getting to know this person more and more.

Its a voracious thing, liking someone. You meet, and pretty quickly decide (whether or not you realize it) that you accept or reject allowing this guy any further into your personal space. Lots of men we know in business and school and the rest of the real world fall into this category - we have met them, assessed them and decided that a friendly but arms-length distance is as close as they get, while some enjoin us to reject and repel any approach from - any distance is too close.

The guys we like, though, have something we're attracted to. The way they look at us, the way they listen and engage in conversation and share ideas, share vulnerabilities, share dreams, share privilege -- all these things are attractors, at least for me. And attractors keep drawing me in, closer and closer, getting to know the person until some limit is reached. That limit is the fork in the road of friendship - for guys, one branch takes you to a place of physical intimacy with me (zone 1), sex, love, being a fuck-buddy, whatever. Another branch puts you in the "friend zone", a place guys apparently do not like, especially if they wanted to sleep with me. Actually, though, guys in my "friend zone" will enjoy a life-long deep friendship with me if they want. There are some pretty high barriers to entering the "friend zone" - and those are the attractors of trust, respect, admiration, etc. I admit that for several of my "friend zone" male friends, my pussy sometimes moistens when we get together, but I know (from my experience of being a girl in a male friend's "friend zone" - I turned a wonderful friendship physical and ruined it) that there is no zone jumping. A third branch is the one taken by very few, and I have not been on it and no one has been on mine yet. It is the one that is taken by your life partner - husband, wife, whatever you want to call it. Those people have and deserve a special status. They are where they are because of their commitment to you, combined with trust, love, sex, and everything else. Being unique in your life, they get unique treatment - they get 100% of you.

For me, guys in zone 1 get friendship and sex, and a relationship that may or may not ever really go anywhere.

Guys in zone 2 will have me as a friend, companion, confidante, sounding board, safe harbor - whatever - forever, if they want. There just won't be much (or any) physical intimacy involved.

My zone 3 is currently empty - I do not have a husband or a life companion, yet. And I'm not looking for one, although I do know that one might wander into my life at any time.

Active Ink Slinger

Being a man amongst men.
Being respectful of women.

A sense of humour and a lovely smile.