What are the qualities of a good lover?

last reply
10 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Please list what makes sex good. I consider myself to be a very studied and attentive sexual partner but I want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Patient, sensual, creative, exciting, strong, powerful, willing to give me what I need not necessarily what I want, able to control me and of course provide me with multiples. That's not too much right? Lol
spank me hard please
Lurker
0 likes
Great answer. To add to it I think you've got to have an open line of communication without the fear of judgement. Thanks for your response.
Lurker
0 likes
I am older than most on this site and maybe more experienced than many.

Still I can not tell you what causes great sex, it is all nice, but not guaranteed to be great.

This I am sure of the failure to communicate is the fast lane to a failed sexual experience.

And it is certainly not completely the Guys failure to communicate. Remember ladies the poor dears have never been a woman. If you are too shy to tell them how,where,when, how fast or how slow who is to blame? We all are different and while he may know just how to put me into orbit you will be different. A quarter of an inch can do marvelous things.

The other side of the same coin, is doing all you can to make your partners pleasure at least as high a peak as yours is or better yet even higher than your partner could dream. I can't speak from a man's prospective, but I have talked to enough men to be pretty sure that they are not that different than we woman are.

If my partners has just taken me to a place that I have never been before, has just been in my mind. How hard is it to say no to a request to caravan to the next level of expermentation that I generally would reject before it get out of your mouth.

Just one woman's thoughts.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WHR43
I am older than most on this site and maybe more experienced than many.

Still I can not tell you what causes great sex, it is all nice, but not guaranteed to be great.

This I am sure of the failure to communicate is the fast lane to a failed sexual experience.

And it is certainly not completely the Guys failure to communicate. Remember ladies the poor dears have never been a woman. If you are too shy to tell them how,where,when, how fast or how slow who is to blame? We all are different and while he may know just how to put me into orbit you will be different. A quarter of an inch can do marvelous things.

The other side of the same coin, is doing all you can to make your partners pleasure at least as high a peak as yours is or better yet even higher than your partner could dream. I can't speak from a man's prospective, but I have talked to enough men to be pretty sure that they are not that different than we woman are.

If my partners has just taken me to a place that I have never been before, has just been in my mind. How hard is it to say no to a request to caravan to the next level of expermentation that I generally would reject before it get out of your mouth.

Just one woman's thoughts.

I fall into the same age group and I basically agree with what you are saying.

To me, in order to have great sex you must have a physical and mental attraction and spiritual connection on some level. You must be considerate of each other, dont be selfish! And most importantly there must be COMMUNICATION!!! Talk to each other, none of us are mind readers, everyone is different. What turns me on may not do anything for you. Experiment. It could be what is boring sex now could become amazing sex with just a few changes that he/she can tell you.

If its bad, it could become good. If its good it could become great. If its great it could become AMAZING!

Great sex is not just a destination but the journey to it. Enjoy the ride!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
for the women
-be always available
-give lots of good head
-except his fantasies

for the men
-be always available
-use whatever means and time to get her off
-make her feel like she is everything when she's with you
Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Forgive me for being cynical here, but I've noticed a LOT of questions from men asking how they can be better lovers. How to turn women on. Does size matter.... (yes, I know this is the forum for those questions). And of course every woman answers with her own opinion (like we should). But there is NO one answer that will make a man a better lover to ALL women. Communication and honesty come close, but some women really don't want that (at some points in their lives). There is no magic, silver bullet. Your partner today may like something completely different than your partner yesterday.... and they could be the same partner!

There are some nights where I want an "attentive" lover. Bubble bath with candles, nice music, good wine, lots of foreplay, intimacy, and romance. There are some nights where I want to be spanked, fucked, and have him cum where ever he wants. Most of the time, I prefer something in between.

I had a guy fingering me when I told him "mmm, that feels nice"... for the next 2 weeks, that's ALL he did. It got boring. Even when I told him to do something else, he would go back to that spot because he thought it would get me off sooner. (He thought he was being "attentive")

Just like most everything else in life, there are no short cuts....

(Just my opinion)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As A man I like romance so a home cooked diner prepared by me, great conversation about her, listen to what she has to say...a foot massage...cuddling on the couch...listening to soft rock...playing with her hair...commenting on how beautiful and intelligent she is....pleasing her first with mutiples....gliding my fingertips across her skin, rubbing some heated lavender oil into her shoulders and buttocks....
Lurker
0 likes
I'll base my answer off of the best lovers I've ever had. There was an unmistakable amount of chemistry and attraction. Open lines of comminication. Trust was a large factor. He has to fit me. I have to feel comfortable and at ease in order to let go and explore.
My best lovers knew how to touch me. They instinctivly touched me the way I wanted to be touched. I once asked one how he just knew, and he said he mimiced the way I touched him and then watched my cues.
Variety is important. I had similar desires and outlook (or at least be open minded) to my favorite lovers. The ability to fulfill my emotional needs and read what mood I'm in. (sometimes that took training). Attentive is a must, a wham-bam-thank-you-mam kind f guy isn't going to rank high on my list.
If a man can give me all those things, multi-O's are a given. So is my desire for repeate romps.
Lurker
0 likes
Great feedback. I feel as though I'm a great lover and have always had high praise. I just thought that this would be a fun question to see the responses to. I really appreciate all the comments. I can tell you all know what you're doing. Thanks for participating and have fun.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Listening, being intune with your partners need or wants, patience, tender and sensual more importantly being able to communicate these qualities and more