Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What are some tips for taking a good naked photo of yourself?

last reply
34 replies
4.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Need some tips for taking a good selfie of myself naked, regardless of the body part. There's not always someone available to help out with this...
Using a tripod, and the timer on the camera always works for me. Plus you have to take about 100 shots before you get one that pleases you. I find myself to be my worst critic. smile
I would say the most important thing is to be naked.

We've actually wanted a photographer because of the difficulty in composing the shot without always being able to see it before we 'click'

Lighting is everything. For myself, I find the darker the room, usually the better the photo. So I tend to use around 99% shadows.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Make sure you aren't wearing any clothes, that's all I got.
naked ,my god your mother may find or see it
Quote by gerry197
naked ,my god your mother may find or see it

Why are you here if you are worried about her mother seeing a naked photo?
I agree with the comment "Using a tripod, and the timer on the camera." Also play with the lighting to get the best effect. Relax, be yourself. be comfortable and playful, have fun with it. And sometimes the best photos are not planned, like this past weekend my lover snapped me asleep with his cock against my mouth! I had been sucking down his sweet man-milk only moments before I dozed off!!! I think this is going to be one of my favorite photos for a VERY long time!
Learn how to use 'Photoshop'!
For those who are false, pick the best pics you can find on the net!
Even better be yourself, as Cromwell said, 'Paint me warts and all!'.
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Quote by lisad83
Using a tripod, and the timer on the camera always works for me. Plus you have to take about 100 shots before you get one that pleases you. I find myself to be my worst critic. smile

This!

Also, it's a good idea to crop out "background" from your pics. No one needs to see your messy bedroom, toilet seat up, or dirty kitty litter box. It's amazing how often I see those things on Lush.
Quote by CurlyGirly

This!

Also, it's a good idea to crop out "background" from your pics. No one needs to see your messy bedroom, toilet seat up, or dirty kitty litter box. It's amazing how often I see those things on Lush.

Yes, I forgot to mention that CurlyGirly. Thank you. You can ruin a perfectly good photo by having a messy background.

You may also find it is quite erotic to take photos of yourself. A little narcissism always makes for really hot self shots.
Ummmmm - Have a camera???
Quote by WellMadeMale
Lighting is everything. For myself, I find the darker the room, usually the better the photo. So I tend to use around 99% shadows.

For me, I would use considerable more shadows and a bottle of scotch.....
"Them ain't no militia, that's the Army of the Potomac!"
No facial shots or background items that might identify you. Above all think first before you send it to anyone.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
make sure the camera is facing the right way
If you haven't already, and who hasn't, spend some time browsing erotic photo sites (Tumblr, etc) and pay attention to what catches your eye. Try mixing a few of those poses in with whatever else suits you at the time, you may enjoy the results. And, a bit contrary to that advice, don't get caught up in comparing your photos to those you see elsewhere.

Oh, and drink wine!
Quote by CurlyGirly

This!

Heh, that's one of my favorite activities on Lush, when I need a good laugh and I've perused the forum and found a shortage of guffaws to be mined therein. Ill jet off on a candid photo search through the 200k plus Lush community.

I have this little game I play with Dancing_Doll (on those rare occasions when she's actually here)... Called: Gross Me Out

I think I'm ahead of her right now, but I'm sure she'll soon have me vurping and clawing my eyes out before November rolls around. 3 years now, she and I have been able to alternate nearly monthly with making each other wince, cackle with maniacal laughter or shove away from the computer desk and go get a fresh breath of air!

Keep those candids coming; People Of Lush !
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Quote by WellMadeMale

Heh, that's one of my favorite activities on Lush, when I need a good laugh and I've perused the forum and found a shortage of guffaws to be mined therein. Ill jet off on a candid photo search through the 200k plus Lush community.

I have this little game I play with Dancing_Doll (on those rare occasions when she's actually here)... Called: Gross Me Out

I think I'm ahead of her right now, but I'm sure she'll soon have me vurping and clawing my eyes out before November rolls around. 3 years now, she and I have been able to alternate nearly monthly with making each other wince, cackle with maniacal laughter or shove away from the computer desk and go get a fresh breath of air!

Keep those candids coming; People Of Lush !

LOL... that reminds me, I'm late on my monthly quota. silly

I have indeed seen some freaky stuff on Lush. The easy way to reduce the cringe-factor is to pay attention to your background if you're not cropping it out. As others have said, just keep it clean and be mindful of what's there. I've seen confused looking pets complete with laser-flash eyes, heaps of garbage and laundry, skid-mark sheets *directly* under the person laying on them (!), mystery-sauce smeared mirrors, framed glamour shots of Aunt Edna hanging on the wall behind the naked person, unflushed toilets, dirty fingernails splaying things apart - and that's not even getting into the pics of some truly bizarre objects stuffed into orifices.

I understand the whole 'just be natural' thing in pics but I think the background kind of reflects on the person in the pic. They can be nekkid-hot but my eyes still take in the whole pic. I think cropping is best, or people should just try to make their bed, wash their sheets and at least stuff the dirty piles of clothes and crusty pizza boxes into a spare closet for the photoshoot. Windex is your friend. And for god's sake - put a blindfold on poor Rover or Fluffy when you're taking pics of the truly weird and kinky stuff. :p

Now, having said all that - if someone is posting naked pics on the internet (and not getting paid to do so), personally I think that keeping things kind of classy and more pin-up or playboy naked rather than a full on 'squat-and-splay' is best. I think it's better to save the truly hardcore for people you're actually talking to and/or sexting. So in general, play with shadows and lighting, angles (a slightly downward angle generally makes people look better) and interesting cropping or filters/ can play up the sensuality of nudes. One of the best angles for a woman is laying on a bed (either on your back or your side) or standing and taking a downward shot of the body so you see the curves and maybe a bit of a pouty lip. Or stand in a mirror and do a selfie in a pageant stance (one leg behind the other, body torqued) or a turn and glance over the shoulder to get the sway-back booty shot.

Of course - keep in mind that I'm giving you a girl's perspective on this topic. A lot of guys don't care about backgrounds and positions, as long as they get to see some bewbies. smile
Quote by Dancing_Doll

OMG... this whole post was so hilarious. Seriously.

Oh, and don't forget to clean your fingernails! I have seen way too many pics here of people with dirty fingers.

A manicure would be a good idea.

I mean, if that's your thing, then more power to you, but it doesn't look good.
Use your phone camera, if its all you have, and put it on a timer. Then put it in a cup and pose!
Quote by Dancing_Doll

A lot of guys don't care about backgrounds and positions, as long as they get to see some bewbies. smile

Yes you are... I haven't been shock and awed in about 3 weeks thanks to you and I'm jonesing...

On another note... not all bewbies are alike - some are droolable and some are Vomitrocious! - (thanks to Jezziebelle for this gem of an adjective).

The latter ones could use a bra at a minimum - or a sweatshirt.
The best tip I could give you is to not put your face in them. You can take plenty of sexy pics that don't have your face in them. Nudies with your face in them makes perfect ammo for a vengeful ex (ever heard of myex.com? It's an entire website dedicated to people posting the nude photos that their exes sent them while they were together.) or anyone else who could get their hands of them that wasn't supposed to.
The pictures should be made outside in the front yard. If you don't have a yard make them out in the parking lot to your apartment. Wear one sock to show you're almost as creative as Michael Jackson was. Guys should Photoshop their wee willy so it looks to be more than 8 inches long. If not your Lush membership will be disqualified because of that 8" minimum requirement rule we have. Ladies, the same goes for those hooters, altar them to be DD's are you're outta here. Rules are rules!

3 simple words to remember

LESS IS MORE, people!

Keep the money shots for those that request them, trust me, this will be appreciated by most of your audience

Select your best feature and work with that. If you have a great set of abs, shirt off or undone, jeans button undone and work that pose
Choose black and white images or sepia, they're always the most flattering.
Crop in tight, eliminate those distracting images that are mentioned above, or that little roll of love muscle that resides above your hip ;)

People like a little mystery so keep us guessing and tease us with your best bits... Not those bits! Sheesh!
No clothes is good and have that 12 inch tackle at least at 90 degrees to the floor and take the willykini off ..
Quote by simplyjohn
No clothes is good and have that 12 inch tackle at least at 90 degrees to the floor and take the willykini off ..

Yeah taking clothes off and making sure my room is tidy or the skunk never stops going on about it lol
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx

Ladies, maybe a quick shave or immac first?

Walt Disney

If using a mirror, ensure it flatters.

Walt Disney