0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
waxing by yourself first time?
bad idea?
tips?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Don't do it! You'll be too scared to rip the wax strip off and cause yourself more pain!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If it's your first time waxing you should have someone else do it. If you aren't comfortable with someone else taking care of down there stick to shaving!
You seem sweet, mind if I lick you to make sure?
Lurker
0 likes
My advice is that you know your body better than we do. If you think you can do it, then do it, but if you think you might get scared, then yeah, I might have somebody else help you. It doesn't have to be a professional, though, you can have your partner help you if you have one. It's pretty simple.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BustyMinx
Don't do it! You'll be too scared to rip the wax strip off and cause yourself more pain!
LOL /shudder
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Unless you're just doing basic bikini-line wax, I would definitely opt for a professional.

Don't try a brazilian-wax at home.

Go to the Salon, take 2 Advils before your appointment. It's not that painful - when I had my first brazilian I was expecting it to be way more painful than it actually was. One of the benefits of going to a professional is that they do it so incredibly fast, the pain/discomfort is totally bearable. Doing it yourself would be laborious and if you have to go back over the same area because the wax isn't hot enough, just ugh.

As the hair becomes more sparse, and you're careful about taking care of your re-grow, you could try those wax strips they sell in the drugstore for maintenance. I've used them for underarms/legs and they work fine. But when it comes to the pubes - I just prefer the salon and the comfort with knowing I'm not going to fuck it up and/or get bruising and ingrown hairs, which you run the risk of if you don't do it right.