Valentine's Day Ideas

last reply
8 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ok ladies, what do you like for Valentine's Day? Cards? Gifts? Dinner? Dancing? How much do you really care about this day; is V-day just a hallmark card type marketing thing to you, or do you really want us men to take it seriously? Just looking for some real feelings on the matter.
Lurker
0 likes
I think men should always show their girl that they care in lots of little romantic things all the time...

But I think valentine's day is a good opportunity to plan something special. Doesn't have to be extravagant and what is considered special will be different for each woman so knowing what she would like is important.

Most women just want to see the effort made to show her she is special to you, to know you took the time to think, make, plan something just for her.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SultrySexySweet

Most women just want to see the effort made to show her she is special to you, to know you took the time to think, make, plan something just for her.

Totally agree! Effort speaks volumes. Do something, buy something, say something that you know means something special to her. It doesn't have to be flowers and candy and an expensive dinner. Just something that says "yes I know you, I pay attention to what you say and do and I do care!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by SultrySexySweet
I think men should always show their girl that they care in lots of little romantic things all the time...

But I think valentine's day is a good opportunity to plan something special. Doesn't have to be extravagant and what is considered special will be different for each woman so knowing what she would like is important.

Something special like pulling her hair, bending her over, and railing her hard while she screams for more? ;)
0 likes
I don't like Valentine's Day.

This holiday is, thankfully, not that popular in my country... or it didn't use to be, maybe people are getting crazy about it now.

I tried to celebrate Valentine's Day only once, with my ex, and it wasn't really because it meant anything special to us... it was because it was the only holiday his mother didn't care about so she wouldn't force him to go home with her or make him feel guilty for spending it with me.

I live now in a place where young women are obsessed with getting married because society (and their families) puts lots of pressure on them and makes them feel that they're worthless if they're not in a relationship. And I have beautiful, brilliant, fun friends that just feel miserable on that day.
I hate that they feel that way.

And honestly, I think it's great people are happy and love each other but I'm really not into all the heart decorations and all that stuff. When I can I like to celebrate it with my girlfriends: go for dinner, or to the cinema, ironically give each other silly cards and chocolates. That's fun.

Once a guy tried to give me a Valentine's Day present and honestly I felt incredibly disappointed. It just showed that he didn't know me at all.

I think that, like for any other holiday, the important thing is to show that you care about her, that you know her, that you understand her.

So, if she doesn't give a shit about Valentine's Day, don't force it on her. If she likes it, just do something nice for her, it doesn't need to be anything big but put some effort into it and she will appreciate it.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
I like gifts...and sex.

I'm not a huge fan of going out on Valentine's day/night. There are plenty of other occasions for that, so I prefer a nice night in.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SultrySexySweet

This. I agree with this. Sorry, I know this is ''ask the gals', but you gals can't help from wondering over to our section and answering ours for us, so now it's payback. Plus, I feel quite strongly about this

Valentines day is rubbish. The whole thing I just don't get. I'm sorry, but if you are with someone you love then they should always know it- and often, it doesn't have to be a big romantic gesture. I've seen far too many people go out at Valentines day out of some sort of duty, than because they want to go out with their loved one. Then sometimes, when they do it's almost as if that their 'quota' for a year.

My girlfriend never had to go out on valentines day etc to know that I loved her, and she was never disappointed when we never arranged anything (or exchanged so much of a card). We both felt exactly the same on this matter.

That being said, this time last year she was on the final straight, for want of a better phrase, and so I wanted to give her something. I bought a mug online that was white, with a 'dictionary' definition on it. Basically it read like from a dictionary, and I wrote her name as the word, and then 'defined' her (lots of nice things that I thought about her).

I'll never forget her face when I gave it to her!! Now that was a proper Valentines day present with a proper Valentines day response. It was unexpected, and simple, and resulted in the biggest smile (and wet eyes) that I've ever seen.

She then got her mum to take her to the shops and she bought me a mug too. It was a little less personal (I hardly gave her enough time!), but she really enjoyed giving it to me and the mug now stands proudly in a cabinet I have.

Now, I never did those days before and I'll never top that one that I did do...so I'm guessing I'll never do it again. It would ruin that memory

Now all I need to do is a find a girl that takes it in the arse and doesn't expect flowers on Valentines day. Hmmmmm....shouldn't be too difficult
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A gift to myself, Valentine's Day or whenever:

For my wonderful sweet wife, a romantic dinner, chocolate covered strawberries, no spirits as she is carrying my son. Love touching her baby bump, kissing it and listening to the heartbeat. That is really all I need.