Login

"The Code"

last reply
14 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
2 likes
Lurker
Do you believe in the code? You know that code that says you cant date or fuck ur bestfriends man? Or is it fair game? I have but i dont think it was betrayal cuz she wasnt my bestfriend and they werent together anymore and it wasnt a relationship we were just fuck buddies.
Advanced Wordsmith
Quote by CamillaJay19
Do you believe in the code? You know that code that says you cant date or fuck ur bestfriends man? Or is it fair game? I have but i dont think it was betrayal cuz she wasnt my bestfriend and they werent together anymore and it wasnt a relationship we were just fuck buddies.

I always followed the code and man it was not always easy.
Advanced Wordsmith
Quote by masso66
Quote by CamillaJay19

I always followed the code and man it was not always easy.

ah wait - I assume that its not part of the code if your bestfriend knows about it up front right?
Alpha Blonde
I follow the code for close friends unless they encourage me to go for it (which happened once, but she is an exceptionally non-jealous cool girl and those are rare). For the most part I try to avoid it because of the drama it always has the potential to cause. They need to come up with the female version of the saying 'bros before hoes'... maybe 'chicks before dicks'...?
Lurker
Personally I don't entirely agreed with the code. Now...if a girl leaves a buddy of mine she is off limits completely. But...if he leaves her I believe that is fair game. Most of my friends agree with that so we don't usually have a problem.
Lurker
I wouldnt ever even think about going after a friend's man ex or not unless she said it was ok, but like DD said that happens very very rarely.
Lurker
well my friend dumped the guy so i figured it was fair game
Advanced Wordsmith
I am currently getting over a relationship lost in this way. My boyfriend went off with my best friend. She would say it was justified because he had finished with me, but the reason he finished with me was for her and it seems they were spending time together behind my back before this.

I will never ever forgive her. She knew what the relationship meant to me. I had ample opportunity to do something similar to her and never took it. Ultimately it's about the pain you are likely to cause. There is no 'fair game' IMHO if you know you will be hurting that friend, and you have no right to call yourself a friend any more if you act on any feelings you may have towards someone they care for.
Stock answer to most forum questions:
Some do, Some don't

Love blindsides us all.
Advanced Wordsmith
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I follow the code for close friends unless they encourage me to go for it (which happened once, but she is an exceptionally non-jealous cool girl and those are rare). For the most part I try to avoid it because of the drama it always has the potential to cause. They need to come up with the female version of the saying 'bros before hoes'... maybe 'chicks before dicks'...?

Sisters before Misters.
Some do, Some don't

Love blindsides us all.
Lurker
i understand and appreciate your statements, but whats done is done now lol but i know this is the first and the last time i`ll do that again.
Advanced Wordsmith
Hey, I'm not judging you, hun - every circumstance is different. As some people above have said - on some occasions if you do find a sensitive way of approaching the friend about it, she might well say 'go ahead', and may well appreciate that you took the time to consider her feelings by asking. Actually, to go out with the guy I'm talking about, his ex was a friend of mine and I did ask her permission, and she did say okay. Lol she did warn me he was an asshole though - I should have listened.
Some do, Some don't

Love blindsides us all.
Active Ink Slinger

The Code is real - unwritten, but real, and understood by anyone with a sense of decency.

There are ways to deal with things if you get the hots for a friend's man, or vice versa if you're a guy. OTOH, gay guys I know have their own code, and it seems to be that everyone is fair game all the time (except for a few very committed relationships.)

You like a friend's bf or husband? Generally, its best to just suck it up and move on - if you get a guy to cheat on his wife or girlfriend, it is not really an accomplishment - and a guy who cheats on your friend is probably going to cheat on you, too. Put your feelings in a locked mental box for a day when maybe you can act on them... but keep them locked up until then. If your target guy and his wife or gf break up, wait a decent amount of time before you swoop in - an maybe even let your friend know - after their breakup is final and complete and set in cement and carved in stone - that you want to "see" her ex. Nothing will rise to the surface and wreck a friendship faster than suspicion that you are the reason for the breakup.

Active Ink Slinger

a friends boyfriend husband, is always off limits

Rainbow Warrior

My best friend wants me to fuck her boyfriend, and I want her to fuck mine. That's alright, right?

Dutchess Of Dancing

Just don't it....giggles😇

A secret isn't a secret if 2 know it🤐