Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Tattoo Remorse

last reply
11 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Just wondering how many women get tattoo remorse after a period of time. I know tattoos are a very personal thing and some people find them very attractive. The reality is that people change over time and a tattoo that seemed like good idea may not seem like such a good idea a few years later.

I got a tattoo when I was 19 and had it removed when I was 29. I can tell you from first hand experience that getting a tattoo removed is a lot more painful and expensive than having one put on.
There are tons of tattoos I've thought about getting since I was in my teens. Even now I still think about it. I think they're beautiful, especially the ones that hold stories. But I don't know how I'll feel about it even a year from now, so I always decide not to do it.

And I always think about the tattoos I once considered getting for some reason or another, and then I think about how much I would have regretted having it. I always come to the same conclusion: There's nothing I feel strongly enough about that warrants marking my body with it for life.

Not to take away from the sentimentality of tattoos. As I said, I think they're beautiful. And people usually have their reasons for them. Reasons that I completely understand as well as reasons that leave me completely dumbfounded.

What I find most hilarious is that even as I type this, I contemplate getting myself a tattoo. But I know I'll talk myself out of it within the hour.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

I have one tattoo. It's only small and it's on my ankle. I got it when I was twenty-six so I can't even say it was a bad decision I made when I was a teen. I don't love it or hate it but if I could remove it easily without going through the pain and expense I'd get it removed.
I have three. I tend to forget about it, and would have removed if it was easily removed. The other two I have both mean something to me. One is a caduceus; I got it when I passed my NCLEX and would do it again in a heartbeat. I have another one that represents the freedom I received through my divorce. I look forward to one more. also for a sentimental reason, and in an area that is hidden.
I have a few that I'd rather not, but others just need to be covered
A friend of a colleague at work has just had the most ill-advised tattoo I've ever seen. The size of my palm on his right chest - a game of thrones house direwolf shield, which is bad enough, but I had to point out that she had missed the shield from behind the wolf's mouth, the shield didn't 'line-up' around the wolf and she'd spelled 'Direwolf' as two separate words 'Dire Wolf'. "Yeah well, this was her first tattoo," he says.
I had to get this one removed:

I got a tattoo to celebrate turning fifty. A tribal butterfly on my shoulder. I had it there so I could cover it easily but sometimes am annoyed I can't see it. I'm glad I waited so long and am very happy with my decision.
" I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer"
Woody Allen
Like Mz slippery, I've thought about it since my late teens, and thought about it, and thought about it, smile, until now 20 plus years later I'm still thinking about it. There has never been a design that I've thought 'Yes! That's the one that captures who/what I want to say.'
The thought of carrying around an image on my skin for he rest of my days is a little intimidating to be honest
I got my first tattoo when I was 16 and althou I don't regret it , im definitely glad its in a spot I don't have to see it.
A word of advice: if you're getting a tattoo with writing make sure that it's spelled correctly and if you get one in a foreign language, make sure that you understand the meaning and that it's spelled right.

My ex showed me a tattoo that she had gotten with Latin writing on. She told me what it meant(can't remember), but good lord I laughed hard when I checked the phrase and it meant something completely different. Never take a tattoo artist's word on foreign languages. You think you have a Chinese sign for harmony and when you go to China everyone shuns you because you have "I have gonoreaha" printed on your arm...
I only have two small tattoos. One I got two years ago, the other i got in June of this year. So far, no regrets. I don't know how I'll feel about them in ten years but, I could die tomorrow so as long as I love them Today. I do try to get them in places that are easy to cover if needed (I'd hate to get turned down for a job over a tattoo). Within the next year, I plan on getting a memorial tattoo in memory of my nephew. It will be my biggest tattoo yet (about 6 inches high and 2 inches wide). My only concern with tattoos isnt about if I will regret it in 20 years, it's how it will look in 20 years. I've seen awful tattoos that were gorgeous when they were first done. With something as meaningful as a memorial tattoo, I would hate for it to become a big, blotch, ugly mess by the time I am in my 40s or 50s.