Taking It Off

last reply
18 replies
3.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
pIn our society (America) women, many women, feel more comfortable taking off their tops (at "topless" beaches topless parties and whilst posing in shots here and on other similar sites for their profile.) I watched a stoner comedy (harold and kumar escape from Guantanamo bay) over the weekend and a scene in which a character hosts a bottomless party got me thinking. Basically the entire scene there were women running around bottomless (not topless) at a party in miami. The scene was hot but like I said it made me think. Why is it that many women feel more comfortable taking off their tops but when it comes to the bottoms they shy away? To me private parts are private parts, top and bottom and I love putting both sets on display. So ladies why is that you or people you know prefer to leave their bottoms on but are relatively fine taking their tops off?

xoxox
Lea
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I'm not a woman, but I would post one observation. Among nudists, some of the women tend to throw something on when going to the the clubhouse for drinks or dinner, typically either a shirt with no bottoms or a wrap but no shirt. It's pretty evenly mixed. something about dressing up I guess.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have thought about that too. Never really understood why. If I am comfortable, I dont mind being topless and/or bottomless. I cant think of a situation where I thought I am comfortable enough to take off my top but I am too embarrassed about taking off my bottom (except maybe If I had winter bush back when I had pussy hair, LOL).

I never really understood why there is a distinction. Even in strip clubs. In my state, if a strip club is topless they can sell alcohol, if it is total nude they cant. In a neighboring state, they can only sell alcohol if its a bikini bar. But in total nude clubs, they cant but you can bring your own. Makes no sense to me.

I guess it is just the way most people were brought up and taught.
Lurker
0 likes
We grow up being aware that our bottom half is private to us, long before our boobs come into play (or onto our bodies!), so that would be my guess as to why we're more 'embarrassed' about taking our bottoms of.

For me, personally, excluding the above I'm much more confident about how my boobs/upper body looks than how my lower body looks... so I don't have an issue with taking off my top - within reason!
Lurker
0 likes
This has all been very enlighteneing LOL @Nikki703 I've come across similar laws when I briefly (very very briefly) stripped we were only allowed to take our tops off for legal reasons as well but I never knew why.
@LittleBambi I hadn't thought of that but it makes alot of sense!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am Japanese but have lived in the US for about 15 years. One of the things that I have never quite understood is why so many American people have such big fear of being naked. The body is part of nature and it is beautiful and whether it is topless or bottomless it is still the body so for me it doesn't bother me to be topless and/or bottomless when other people can see me.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I think there are a few possible reasons. Personally I feel more comfortable taking my top off then my bottoms because I love my chest more than my lower half. Another reason I have heard some women feel more comfortable just taking there tops off at the beach or a pool party is because men just wear bottoms so some women think the same should apply for themselves. Just my opinion, but I love the body every way possible and think women should be less bothered being fully nude.
Lurker
0 likes
Just out of curoisity what makes me love your top half more there have been a few people now that have quipped something about being more comfortable with their top half and loving the top more. WHy is that? what makes you love your top half more?
Lurker
0 likes
Maybe because both sexes have nipples, just ours are more developed. Why Americans are so concerned about the nude body, has never been clear.

I am very happy and comfortable being topless and bottomless. But I am not the rule in our society. I guess I am a hopeless exhibitionist.

I sun in the nude at our pool and the neighbor watches me. I wonder if he loves it as much as I do. I asked him at a party, we both got good laugh, but not sure I got an answer.
Lurker
0 likes
Myself I am very much into taking my top off mainly as I am very proud of my chest,what with my breasts been so big firm and pointed they DO get noticed alot,regarding taking my bottoms off it would only be in my own surroundings.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Let's face it, exposing your pussy in America is just more of a sexual invitation than exposing your boobs. I know I read it as such. In any number of gay bars I've seen girls dancing with their shirts open. Never saw anyone dancing with skirts/pants and panties off. That was a while back, perhaps times have changed?

That being said, since I have big boobs. I've always been more interested in going pantiless than braless. When stripping down to have fun with a girlfriend, I'd usually get rid of my panties first. I enjoy having my pussy touched... and so much more!

When it came to getting naked outdoors, I preferred to go all the way (everything off), because it was just more exciting to be totally and hopelessly naked.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have never had any hangup about nudity . I recall liking to be nude in the garden at age 5 and 6 . I did not then know that my parents liked swimming in the nude . In my teens I was rather shy of being nude in front of my mother , whom on the one hand seemed to be a prude , but beside that seemed very libidinous in her body language . As an adult i have liked to swim in rock pools of mountain streams , or in secluded rocky inlets , later I discovered famous nudist beach , which I have gone to every summer for years . When I moved to Italy to live , I soon found a clothes optional beach . I much prefer to see women completely naked , rather than wearing "Sexy" underwear , which does nothing for me . There is a time and place for everything . I think that people going shopping or to a clubhouse , it is appropriate to dress . Not everybody appreciates nudity , those who don't shouldn't go to a nudist beach
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'd say that being bottomless is more 'dangerous'. If someone grabs your chest, they're just grabbing flesh. If someone grabs your groin, it's definitely different.

That's why certain stripclubs have rules about bottoms. It's to protect the girls - it's harder to or sexually assault someone if there's at least that bit of fabric protecting them.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I walk around my Apt all the time bottomless when my sisters gf is over but never topless weird huh... but than again I like my ass better than my boobs
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I always walk around our apartment nude........have even gone out on our balcony too, but then the weather has to be hot....lol

Melissa xx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've never had a hang up about my body. I walk around the apartment naked, but I always put something on when I hear a knock on the door. Not all people are open to being nude or seeing a nude body, so I guess it's out of respect I cover myself when I answer the door. But it seems I'm more worried about covering my breasts...lol.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've never had a hang up about my body. I walk around the apartment naked, but I always put something on when I hear a knock on the door. Not all people are open to being nude or seeing a nude body, so I guess it's out of respect I cover myself when I answer the door. But it seems I'm more worried about covering my breasts...lol.

Lindzy has a couple of good points. oddly if confronted and nude I cover my tits too! dunno why. on a dare I answered the door for pizza au natural

"The Gods that smiled when you were born
are laughing now."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'll deliver pizza next time Julie...lol!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Almost always nude around the house. Like being in the yard nude also. Just have to be carefull who is around. Not sure why, but some people really freak out! At the nude beach most men go completely naked while a few women will keep their bottoms on. At a private resort most women go completely nude.