Swimwear, it's that time of year

last reply
19 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Constant Gardener
0 likes
9 more days til many pools open in America. I checked around and remarkably, I don't see this question ever posed before. And I'm too lazy today, to create a smart-assed poll.

Where's my beertender?

One piece or two?

Style you prefer to sport? Images for those of use who are uncultivated, please.

Do those tan-through suits really work?

I'm a fan of one piece and two piece bathing suits. There's usually just a thin layer of clothing between you and me. I also like tan lines.

Additional comments encouraged!

Only women, please...some else can ask the same question in the guy thread. Thanks...the mngmt -
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
My preference is definitely the classic string bikini... I'm not a big fan of tan lines and while I think a lot of the cool cuts going on with new swimwear can look really funky, I don't want weird tan lines, so I stick to the classics.

My preference is usually solid colours with a bit of detailing. I don't like things to be too fussy, and I'm not a huge fan of hardware on bikinis (metal does get hot against the skin).

I would never buy a tan-through suit (do they make those anymore?). I am a bit of a bikini whore, so I tend to spend a bit more $$ than most on them, but I find that there is a huge difference in fabric and fit if you spend a little (or a lot) extra... even though the idea of it is kind of outrageous given that it's only a few triangles of fabric!

The pic I'm posting is the latest one I've bought/worn... Burberry white with check trim. I know, it doesn't look that exciting, but this is my third Burberry bikini, and they are my absolute favourite for fit and comfort, hands down! They also stay put if you are playing beach volleyball or swimming in the ocean waves.

As well... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE white bikinis. They look so great with a tan, and are always classy and super hot! If you are going with a white one, I would recommend getting a good one, because the cheaper ones may end up being a bit see through (not that any guys would complain about this of course).

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
OK... just wanted to post this other swimsuit because it was ALL the rage last year when Audrina Patridge wore it on "The Hills" (yes, I watch the show... it's my guilty pleasure... or one of them, anyways).

I *almost* bought it, but feared it would be too dated because of the notoriety it got last year. Plus it's only appropriate for evening pool parties because the tan lines this thing could create would be hideous...

But anyways... I do think it's very sexy for a one-piece option...

Lurker
0 likes
Swimsuits and the Beach ... what a wonderful time of year! (for both sexes!!)

There are two reasons for me to hit a beach (in the summer) ... one is to chill out and do some writing with sun exposure as being a bonus and the other is to windsurf (windboard depending where you are!). This lends itself to two different swimsuits.

For just hanging out, I usually wear a bikini (though no longer a string bikini) and preferable with a top that is strapless. On the bottom, I always have a tan line.

Then, when I am there to hit a board, I always were a boyshorts suit (like the one below) or at the very least, a pair of boarding shorts over my bikini.

Van

Lurker
0 likes
Oh, and here in Vancouver there is a unique beach called Wreck Beach ... no clothing necessary and it's a huge hit!!

Wreck Beach
A clothing-optional destination, Vancouver's Wreck Beach has a personality all its own. For decades the beach has been a mecca for those sunbathers who prefer birthday suits to bathing suits.

Vendors' Row is unique to the beach, offering gourmet fare from falafels to English trifle and buffalo burgers. Visitors may also see hand-made jewellery, sarongs and even services such as a pedicure or massage for sale.

And, just before sunset, listen for the beat of beach drums - one more Wreck Beach ritual.

Access to Wreck Beach is on foot starting west of Spanish Bank, about a 25-minute drive from downtown Vancouver, or down a long flight of stairs (Trail 6) off Southwest Marine Drive at UBC. Please respect the "Clothes-Beyond-This-Point" signs. No lifeguards are on duty at this beach.

Come Visit us Sometime!!

Van
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like a one piece speedo style swim suit for water aerobics exercise class and a two piece for the beach the style that the top is a V neck halter style which makes the cleavage look good and a ruffle or little skirt on the bottom which is just the style that looks best on me.
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh

Oh, and here in Vancouver there is a unique beach called Wreck Beach ... no clothing necessary and it's a huge hit!!

Wreck Beach
A clothing-optional destination, Vancouver's Wreck Beach has a personality all its own. For decades the beach has been a mecca for those sunbathers who prefer birthday suits to bathing suits.

Vendors' Row is unique to the beach, offering gourmet fare from falafels to English trifle and buffalo burgers. Visitors may also see hand-made jewellery, sarongs and even services such as a pedicure or massage for sale.

And, just before sunset, listen for the beat of beach drums - one more Wreck Beach ritual.

Access to Wreck Beach is on foot starting west of Spanish Bank, about a 25-minute drive from downtown Vancouver, or down a long flight of stairs (Trail 6) off Southwest Marine Drive at UBC. Please respect the "Clothes-Beyond-This-Point" signs. No lifeguards are on duty at this beach.

Come Visit us Sometime!!

Van

This sounds amazing!
Count me in!
Lurker
0 likes
If I am just hanging around the beach, one piece or two is fine. If I'm doing a long distance swim, of at least 3 kilometres, one piece or nude.

I prefer to swim nude or topless. Where I live, I can get away with it. With the kind of endurance swimming I do, who gives a fuck anyway?
Lurker
0 likes
A nice boob tube and bikini-bottom's.
Lurker
0 likes
The pool here at my house has been clean and ready for swimming for about 2 months I think. We never wear anything unless we think someone might be coming over. Then if we think of it we put on suits. We not only live close to beaches but lakes and there's always someone wanting to go skiing or boating. Then it's board shorts for my guy and strings for me. I have a runway(clamscaping) to prove that the carpet matches the drapes so I have to have a little cover for the bottom.
This looks a lot like mine although for skiing I like one that covers a bit more.

Lurker
0 likes
Europian ladies usually are topless at the beach and I am no exception..
I don't pay much attention if the swimsuit is from well known expensive designer or not if I like it then I buy it and most of the times I buy it at location I am spending my summer holiday.They are usually black or white.
As far as night pool parties goes I don't swim in the pool or do any other activities in it –allergic to chlorine and other ingredients that pool contains, at those parties I just wear small summer dresses ..

Lurker
0 likes
I wear a 2 piece most of the time. A brazilian bikini when at a pool or need extra coverage, otherwise gstrings are my favourite. Tan lines are sexy but i like mine as small as possible. I usually go topless at the beach or at home. I have a couple of sling type bikinis which are really sexy and gets the boys going but other than that i don't have any one piece suits. Smaller is definitely better in the case of bikinis.
Lurker
0 likes
First thing whatever it takes to avoid those damned tan lines. You send the entire months clothing budget on the dress to stop the show and it is all ruined by those ugly tan line. YUK

At home at the pool I always sunbath in my best suit, the one Mother Nature gave me. Some neighbors, can look into the yard, but they will not see anything they have not seen before. If they are offended they just will need to look in another direction.

We are a short walk to a clothing optional beach and I wear the same outfit there. But when I am at a more public beach, it is Bikini's only and the less material the better. If you have it, well you all know that old saying. Without saying topless where and when ever possible

Why are we Yanks so concerned about nudity? Never did understand.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i'm a bikini with boy shirts kinda gal smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Love bikinis, I ususally find a colour that hightlights my skin colour. boy shorts are great with a bikini smile but a regular bikini bottoms are ok and tan lines dont bother me
Lurker
0 likes
I much prefer bikinis to one piece. But then I usually go topless so does that then make it a one piece? I wear g-string bottoms a lot because I think they are sexier and more comfortable whether I'm sunbathing, swimming or surfing. I also think tan lines are sexy as long as they are kept to a minimum.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love bikinis but some of the sexier one piece suits are really hot too. When I go to the beach, it will usually be a classic string bikini. When away on vacation, usually one with a g-string bottom. When at my pool, either g-string bikini or nothing(its very private). I do not like tan lines on myself but for some reason I find subtle tan lines sexy on other women.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i don't really swim, or tan, and so... *giggles* umm... i do like looking good while keeping a good distance away from the water, so i have a couple of swim suits... this is one of them! i'm an old fashioned gal.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
I really love vintage 50s style bikinis with a halterneck to support Mary Kate and Ashley.The one I bought for holiday has support and detachable straps for tanning.I love it. Here is Kelly Brook in it...

I also wear a full piece black spotty vintage style one to swim in when I'm exercising.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i don't really swim, or tan, and so... *giggles* umm... i do like looking good while keeping a good distance away from the water, so i have a couple of swim suits... this is one of them! i'm an old fashioned gal.

WOW!! Now That's So Sexy. If It Only Came In Orange Like This One!