sense of humor

last reply
45 replies
4.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
It is pretty high up there for me. I like a man with a sense of humour, however, I don't get most "jokes", they usually go over my head. I'm not blonde! I just don't get them. I just like a guy who can be himself, and someone I can totally get. Someone who is on the same level of sense of humour as me. I don't think I'm all that 'funny' but others seem to think so. I'm more feisty and playful, which comes off funny? I guess.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've only recently discovered in the past couple of years that a sense of humour is pivotal for me, in every way. The attraction to a guy's personality is amped waaay up if he has a great sense of humour; which in turn (for me) makes me even more physically attracted to him. I've known guys who don't have one at all, and some who are insanely physically-hot but my attraction plummeted when I discovered there was no sense of humour in them. I was even once very attracted to a guy that wasn't my type at all (mainly physically) but his sense of humour was 10/10...there ya go.
So very important!!
~*~*~* Only the one that hurts you can make you feel better ~*~*~*
~*~*~* Only the one that inflicts pain can take it away~*~*~*

Check out my latest story: Drawn to Addy - Part 2
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by lilgirl1414
I've only recently discovered in the past couple of years that a sense of humour is pivotal for me, in every way. The attraction to a guy's personality is amped waaay up if he has a great sense of humour; which in turn (for me) makes me even more physically attracted to him. I've known guys who don't have one at all, and some who are insanely physically-hot but my attraction plummeted when I discovered there was no sense of humour in them. I was even once very attracted to a guy that wasn't my type at all (mainly physically) but his sense of humour was 10/10...there ya go.
So very important!!

It also makes things a lot more easier for us men. This is especially useful to bring up sexual desires in a conversation/relation.

Once I was talking with a girl that I met through mutual friends. She was studying woodworking and couldn't stop talking about how she loved working with her hands, touching wood and whatnot. At one point I interrupted her and said : "Well, I don't think you'll find any interest in me, because I'm surely not made out of wood."

She totally went laughing, and litteraly had sparkling eyes for the rest of the conversation. I didn't do anything with her though as she was not really my style, but it was a fun flirt nonetheless. This is just one of many examples I have off the top of my head.

If a man can manage to insert such witty humor in a conversation, he can basically achieve to demonstrate all the following with just a single punch-line :

- I'm a fun person
- I'm an intelligent person
- I care for others' feelings
- I'm comfortable with myself and with women
- I have sexual desires and I'm not ashamed of them

All of this achieved casually without any sense of bragging or arrogance, and while offering enough freedom to the lady to take it the way she wants. Since sexual desires also often trigger nervousness, bringing it up with humor allows the woman to release this feeling through laughing, which is a lot more natural and enjoyable than trying to hide it awkwardly. If she's not interested in you, there won't even be any discomfort there as it will simply be interpreted as a 'joke'.

Quite a powerful tool, really.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

Quite a powerful tool, really.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The question is not specific enough, because what about the humor is important?
That you have the same humor? The frequency of jokes? The amount of smiles/laughter you exchange?
I personally am more on the serious side and tend to fall for a lot of jokes by taking them seriously. This gives people a good time too. Also when I do make a joke they tend to really hit the mark because for one nobody expects them from me and I only make jokes when they're really good ;)
Anyway.. My point is.. even though I don't make a lot of jokes, I tend to make people around me smile a lot. Is the happy feeling most important or that what causes the smiles/laughter?

EDIT:
If the importance of fun, smiles and laughter is measured here I have to give it a 10 also!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
SereneProdigy you said better than I could have even. Ditto. It shows confidence but not arrogance. It can ease people's feelings/nervousness. It can pave the way to so much more.
~*~*~* Only the one that hurts you can make you feel better ~*~*~*
~*~*~* Only the one that inflicts pain can take it away~*~*~*

Check out my latest story: Drawn to Addy - Part 2
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by DutchMike88
The question is not specific enough, because what about the humor is important?
That you have the same humor? The frequency of jokes? The amount of smiles/laughter you exchange?
I personally am more on the serious side and tend to fall for a lot of jokes by taking them seriously. This gives people a good time too. Also when I do make a joke they tend to really hit the mark because for one nobody expects them from me and I only make jokes when they're really good ;)
Anyway.. My point is.. even though I don't make a lot of jokes, I tend to make people around me smile a lot. Is the happy feeling most important or that what causes the smiles/laughter?

EDIT:
If the importance of fun, smiles and laughter is measured here I have to give it a 10 also!

I agree with this entirely. I'm practically the same ; I'm generally calm and serious, but smile easily and can throw hilarious punch-lines here and there when no one expects it. When people witnessed that funny side of me, even serious conversations will be considered fun and humorous as people expect me to say something funny at any moment. I'm quite unpredictable, which is even more enticing and keeps people on their toes.

And there is such a thing as too much humor I believe. Some guys are not really funny, but goof around just to attract attention. Often times people will laugh at them simply because they make a fool of themselves. They also act childishly and can't hold serious/meaningful discussions, which can be annoying, and even boring.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
There's really not too much to read into this. When girls say they like a guy with a sense of humor, they just mean a guy that doesn't take himself too seriously. And a guy they can share a laugh with...like laugh at things that are actually funny...and even laugh at each other. And having a guy that can make you laugh is great on a bad and/or long day.

When it's not cool is when a guy tries too hard to be funny. It just comes off as obnoxious...and lame...and annoying. There's something really special about a guy that's naturally funny and/or a really charming amount of goofy/silly.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
36 hours later...

lol...where ya headed?
Lurker
0 likes
So very important to me, I have a dry wit, bit devilish to be honest and i like to be able to sit back and have a laugh with the ones i love. It relaxes the tone of the conversations and its a great way to find things that you have in common. Also having humor makes all those little embarrassing things that are shared, funny and not so important to hide.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
an 11...seriously a sense of humor is not only a must it is downright sexy. especially if he has the capacity to laugh at himself.
Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer. ~Swami X

CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

I agree with this entirely. I'm practically the same ; I'm generally calm and serious, but smile easily and can throw hilarious punch-lines here and there when no one expects it. When people witnessed that funny side of me, even serious conversations will be considered fun and humorous as people expect me to say something funny at any moment. I'm quite unpredictable, which is even more enticing and keeps people on their toes.

And there is such a thing as too muchhumor I believe. Some guys are not really funny, but goof around just to attract attention. Often times people will laugh at them simply because they make a fool of themselves. They also act childishly and can't hold serious/meaningful discussions, which can be annoying, and even boring.

I agree. It can be very painful to watch!

Quote by sww'12
There's really not too much to read into this. When girls say they like a guy with a sense of humor, they just mean a guy that doesn't take himself too seriously. And a guy they can share a laugh with...like laugh at things that are actually funny...and even laugh at each other. And having a guy that can make you laugh is great on a bad and/or long day.

When it's not cool is when a guy tries too hard to be funny. It just comes off as obnoxious...and lame...and annoying. There's something really special about a guy that's naturally funny and/or a really charming amount of goofy/silly.

Exactly!

Humor is at least a 10 for me. There are not a lot of physical traits that are a must have for me (height and strong chins), but humor is a must!!
Lurker
0 likes
A 9 or 10 for me too.

I don't like being serious. Sure there's times when it's needed but that's not so often.

I like to tease people, share banter, goof around and cry with laughter as often as possible and I really take to people who are like that - naturally of course.
After all, aren't we all just children pretending to be adults?

It's true that laughter and humour can take the awkwardness out of most situations and can make difficult topics all the more approachable.
Lurker
0 likes
Making me laugh or giggle should be the greatest accomplishment because I rarely have a genuine laugh or smile. So humor is essential I guess. A number 9 for me as long as it is kept to moderation.