Login

Secret admirers

last reply
42 replies
4.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
I wouldnt mind as long as it didnt get creepy and the person doesnt go all "Fatal Attraction" on me. But I would prefer if I have an admirer the he/she is confident enough to let me know.
Active Ink Slinger
Leaving a note as a secret admirer can really alter the mood of someone. It can be an excellent way to help someone who is down after they've just broken up with someone, especially if the someone was a real asshole. It's romantic unless the note crosses a line into lewd or reveals privacy-invasive knowledge. People like to be noticed in positive ways and they may like the idea of a guardian angel. Who wouldn't love to get a note that said, "You looked delicious, yesterday."? Might be a different story though, if the note said, "You looked good enough to eat, yesterday."

I was asked by a woman friend to write some romantic notes once. She needed manly handwriting. She said she was using them to help a friend through a breakup and she said it worked. Not sure about the ethics of that, but it didn't seem like a bad idea.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Lurker
Of course, if it was a secret, I would not know anyway. But the thought of someone lusting after me is ok with me.
Gingerbread Lover
Quote by 1ball
Leaving a note as a secret admirer can really alter the mood of someone. It can be an excellent way to help someone who is down after they've just broken up with someone, especially if the someone was a real asshole. It's romantic unless the note crosses a line into lewd or reveals privacy-invasive knowledge. People like to be noticed in positive ways and they may like the idea of a guardian angel. Who wouldn't love to get a note that said, "You looked delicious, yesterday."? Might be a different story though, if the note said, "You looked good enough to eat, yesterday."

I was asked by a woman friend to write some romantic notes once. She needed manly handwriting. She said she was using them to help a friend through a breakup and she said it worked. Not sure about the ethics of that, but it didn't seem like a bad idea.

I understand her intent, but I would go ballistic if a friend did that to me. That's presuming I found out about it. It's dishonest to make somebody think somebody fancied them when they don't. If I never found out, I still hate the idea of it. False hope is a crappy thing to give somebody, I think, even if they momentarily feel better. It is better, I believe, to find another way to show you care and see their beauty.

If I ever got a note like that, I would always presume it was somebody being cruel, since that has happened to me before. To want a friend to feel better is lovely. To make them believe that somebody who doesn't exist fancies them is wrong, in my opinion.

It would be wonderful to get genuine correspondence from a secret admirer, but only if they eventually stepped into the open and revealed themselves.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
I would feel flattered as long as admirer did not turn into stalker
Lurker
Three of my secret admirers here on Lush could not keep the secret
For rest, you are out of sight, therefore, out of mind
Active Ink Slinger
I'll feel nothing if I've a secret admirer... infect it feels a bit scary to me... I'd love an open or normal admirer who is much more fun smile
Rainbow Warrior
I'm sure I've had quite a few secret admirers over the years. In most cases, it's probably best they kept it a secret, but on the other hand, it's good for the ego.
Active Ink Slinger
It's abnormal, and must be an issue of interest to the psychologists...
I like the way you make me feel even when I'm nowhere near...