Relationship Advice Needed

last reply
9 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I know lush isn't likely the best place to search for answers but to hell with it everyone here seems worldly. So here's my situation:
I've been in a relationship for 8 months. And she's sweet and kind and cute... But I just constantly get the feeling that I could do better. It sounds terrible to say but I'm just being honest. I've actually never broken up with someone, and I've never been in this long of a relationship, so idk if second guessing what I have is normal or not. Should I give up on what could be a fulfilling relationship in the hopes of finding something that just feels right? Or should I just hang on? I care a lot about the girl that I'm with and I don't want to break her heart, but I just feel like if I'm really in love id be more sure of it. That I'd be more thrilled about my relationship. Please ladies, or guys, I need advice.
Lurker
0 likes
Hard to know what to say - but it sounds like you're not being honest with her, which is not a good foundation. You're entitled to feel what you feel but don't string her along if you really want more/ different. My advice is to open up to her. It may be difficult, but you owe her honesty.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
could be, she could do better too. something to think about.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i think you need to have a talk with her about where you see this relationship going. be honest with her, especially if she believes that everything is hunky-dory. at the least, you shouldn't be wasting her time - or yours. she should be able to move on to a relationship with someone who wants to be with her wholeheartedly.

Say. Her. Name.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
the desire for happiness within a relationship only comes with hard work and communication. so, talk it out first and be true to each other. she could be having the same thoughts about you, just put it out there and see what comes of it.
Lurker
0 likes
Break it off.
Wouldn't you rather have a nice cup of tea?
0 likes
If the relationship isn't making you happy, figure out exactly what's wrong with it (sometimes what's wrong ends up being more about you than her). Then decide whether it's something you can work on as a couple, and whether it's even worth working on it. If the relationship has gone it's distance, okay, you can move on, but at least you'll know more about what you need in order to be happy in a relationship.

If you stay... Contrary to what most people think, great relationships aren't about finding your perfect soul-mate or whatever, because you'll always be wondering if there's someone out there who might be just a little bit better for you, and so you'll never really be happy with what you've got. It's important to recognize that everyone has flaws. Some flaws you can live with, some you can't. That depends on you. It's normal for relationships to have ups and downs, and not be perfect all the time. I think the best relationships aren't just about the amazing times you have together, but more how well you can work together through the tough times. If you can find someone who can be a partner when things aren't going so great, that's someone worth holding on to (in my opinion).

Don't believe everything that you read.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I agree with Just_A_Guy
He is speaking Wisdom...Nothing is perfect and if you are always searching for perfection you will just be perfectly alone.
Despite what many people think, real relationships take work and honest communication.
If you are not willing to commit to either of those then you are not ready to be in a real relationship.
Hope it works out for you and her.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So you haven't had sex with her, is she just being cute, kind all the time and that you feel you need something more adventurous, naughty... or maybe a bit secretly wild?

Be honest to yourself and it's not all about your happiness.. she has to have that too. Either with you or with someone else.
I could show you INCREDIBLE things...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Petrova and A_Guy are both wise.

Take her feelings into account it isn't always about you. Perhaps have serious talk with her.