I much prefer realistic dildos, they're so hot (5 votes) 36%
I prefer unrealistic, realistic ones are weird (4 votes) 29%
I don't really mind, but prefer realistic (1 vote) 7%
I don't really mind, but prefer unrealistic (1 vote) 7%
I honestly don't give a fuck (15 votes) 107%
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes

Realism of Dildos

One of the girls I'm currently seeing owns a red translucent dildo, and some time ago I provoked a discussion about it completely out of the blue:

Me: "So... why did you buy a red dildo? Why not a realistic one? I've always wondered why dildos don't always look like real cocks."

Her: "I don't know, for some reason I prefer my dildos not to look too realistic. I don't really mind, but realistic ones kinda weird me out to some degree."

I've seen girls owning all sorts of dildos through my life and I didn't always ask why they chose this or that dildo, but I've heard similar commentaries at times concerning the realism of dildos. I wonder how much this is important to women in general when they're buying a dildo.

Concerning toys, there seems to be two schools of thoughts (for both men and women): those who prefer realistic ones, and those who are weirded out by them.

Personally, I much prefer realistic toys: when I bought my Fleshlights, the objective was to buy a toy that felt like a pussy, and I thought that it might as well look like a genuine pussy too. It adds to the excitement for me, but apparently some guys find a fake-pussy weird.

So, do you have a preference, or really don't bother?

Thanks for sharing!
Lurker
0 likes

I prefer glass, actually. I have one realistic dildo and it's actually a mold of my husband's cock.

But I've always favored glass for a large variety of reasons.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Metilda
But I've always favored glass for a large variety of reasons.

Is the lack of realism one of those reasons though?

Or do you prefer glass dildos for many other reasons, and don't really care about their appearance?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

Is the lack of realism one of those reasons though?

Or do you prefer glass dildos for many other reasons, and don't really care about their appearance?

The texture. The visual. The hardness. The buying my sex toys at home decor stores. lol dildos - silicone - holds no appeal. Real or not.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It isn't about what it looks like. It's all about how it feels! I too love a glass one.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love my realistic dildo with a suction cup base. So much fun to use in the shower. But I also love glass dildos too.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
if i like it, i'll get it. at the moment i'm looking into glass ones. some are like works of art!

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by honeydipped
if i like it, i'll get it. at the moment i'm looking into glass ones. some are like works of art!

They really are. Some are truly beautiful!!
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
As the other ladies say its mainly about how good it feels. What it looks like is not really an issue for me.
Lurker
0 likes
Doesn't matter what it looks like
Lurker
0 likes
I honestly don't care..... Fuck the dildo should be able to let me explore my limits which a man can't do
Lurker
0 likes
I adore my Glass dildo. Smooth with a bulbous head. Stays hot for a long time when gently heated.

Deb X
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
5to me and my wife it does not matter as long as it is thick and both of us get off with lots of orgams
Lurker
0 likes
I don't really care, but I have to agree with most of the women above...my glass one is my favorite out of the ones I have...it feels the best (and it's pretty)
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Glass for me too....
Lurker
0 likes
hello ... yr examples pictured .. A vs B ?

aren't they both realistic ?????

I prefer unrealistic .....
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by hayley
hello ... yr examples pictured .. A vs B ?

aren't they both realistic ?????

Huh... so you actually once slept with a man that had a red translucent penis?

I highly doubt that the manufacturer thought to himself "Yep, this one dildo is going to look as realistic as possible!" when he designed that dildo.

What you showed in your post is often described as a non-phallic dildo, rather than simply being an unrealistic dildo.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As long as it brings pleasure and no destruction to your insides, who gives a damn?

Lurker
0 likes
My favorite is my glass ribbed one. What it actually looks like isn't important to me, it's what it feels like that is!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

Huh... so you actually once slept with a man that had a red translucent penis?

I highly doubt that the manufacturer thought to himself "Yep, this one dildo is going to look as realistic as possible!" when he designed that dildo.

What you showed in your post is often described as a non-phallic dildo, rather than simply being an unrealistic dildo.

nooooo .. have never slept with a man.. although I have seen a penis .. just one ... it was, I judge, slightly shorter than yr pics.. it had foreskin which, when pulled back, rendered it similar to both in shape but not the colour of either...

anyway.. ty for the educational brief.. interesting.. for me the effect is the key.. why they should be realistic I have no idea...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think a lot of the ones that are "flesh" coloured look just tacky and old fashioned. I don't need it to resemble what it is supposed to emulate because I won't be looking at it much when I am using it. I tend to go for bright coloured synthetic materials. Never tried glass, seems too hard to me.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I prefer glass too. It just slides so much more easily once its wet. Realistic dildos are a bit odd as they are like a severed penis with no lover attached! I really don't use dildos much anyway, and when another girl uses one in me, she sees it more than I do, and I'm sure she doesn't care if it looks real either.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Wow, I'm impressed by the quantity of women here who prefer a glass dildo: 9/15 of those who responded seem to be partial to glass dildos.

Strangely enough, according to this thread, 28 women seem to prefer 'standard' dildos as opposed to only 8 who prefer glass dildos.

Is there a new hype about glass dildos that I'm not aware of?