Question about piercings

last reply
34 replies
4.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I have a question, and I swear it's a legit question. I only ask because I honestly do not know the answer.

What's with multiple piercings?

I mean, an earlobe, yeah, common enough; a bellybutton? Well, okay. But lips,tongues, noses? Clits and nipples?

I'm not talking about the all-metal-everywhere crowd; just some of the pictures I see on Usenet and around.

Don't be offended; I'm not criticizing. I'm only curious.
Lurker
0 likes
You got me baby. I think they're just attention whores.

I saw a couple at the mall in Dallas when I was there that had both ears full to the max, noses, eyebrows, lips, chin, and TG I couldn't see anywhere else! LOL!!

I had a gf that had her clit pierced. She had to take it out, too much stimulation all the time.uuOBdrJs4F3GOBpo
Lurker
0 likes
That reminds me of that kid from the Vacation movie, where he had so many piercings on his face and head, he couldn't talk.
Matriarch
0 likes
Each to their own, but I just don't get the appeal at all.

What happens at airports, do these people never travel overseas?
Lurker
0 likes
Do they look like the kind of people that do? Or can?
More like the "yew want fries wit dat?" kind.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It reminds me of the movie "The Sweetest Thing" where the guy has a penis piercing and gets it stuck behind the girls tonsils....LMAO! I mean seriously though, people can cut their tongues on braces when kissing, exactly what happens when all of these intimate places have sharp objects protruding from them?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Do they look like the kind of people that do? Or can?
More like the "yew want fries wit dat?" kind.

SO BAD (yet so true).

I'll have to check out The Sweetest Thing, although it sounds like some terrible chick flick I should really avoid.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes mrplow, it is pretty much a terrible chick flick.....lol. There are some very funny parts in it though.
Lurker
0 likes
SO BAD (yet so true).

I know, I should monitor what I say but, sometimes I can't help it.

But, you just have to wonder how far in life those kinds of ppl are going to go. I mean Tatts are one thing, you can put them in places and hide them. Like if you work in a bank, or a school or something professional. But if you tatt up your neck and forearms, see where I'm going with this? And piercings are the same. You can hide belly and penis and nipples, but all over your face, etc? I guess some people are happy making mininum wage.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Lush

Security metal detectors are used to look for larger dangerous objects – knives, guns, explosives, etc. Adjustments can be made to the metal detector to determine how sensitive it is based on the level of security needed. If necessary, a metal detector could be set to detect a very small amount of metal. Usually I make a pit stop to the little girls room to remove all "said jewelry" that is not easily accessible previous to entering the checkpoint. just to avoid any hassles.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Lush

I dont find that attractive, appearling at all, or anything ahve that sort

ears yes...
basicaly anything else no no. There may be a few if any exceptions
Lurker
0 likes
Aw, I feel a little sad because I'm that type of girl who has multiple piercings.

I don't do it for attention, I do love the way they look... idk, piercings are just addictive.

Maybe it's just the rush you get when you're getting them done.

Lurker
0 likes
Do you have them all over your face? That's what I meant.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Do you have them all over your face? That's what I meant.

Snake bites and septum. Maybe a medusa, soon.
Lurker
0 likes
Excuse me?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
lol i didnt get it either chef.

but i hate needles, anything sharp. I got my ears pierced when i iwas 12 and thank god mom thought enough of me to make it MY decision instead of doing it to me when i was a baby like SOME of these crazy parents now days. I just recently mustered up the courage (after thinking it over for literally 2 1/2 years) to get a second piercing in my ear. The lady fucked it up so i had to let them close tho....i might get them redone but i dont know yet.

as far as nipple/clit piercings....those are VERY sensitive areas of the body! how the hell do ppl stand that sort of pain? there's no way in hell.....
Lurker
0 likes
Sarah, I totally wanted to say instead of excuse me, do you speak english? LOL, just kidding.
About the piercing, I think some people just dig pain.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Sarah, I totally wanted to say instead of excuse me, do you speak english? LOL, just kidding.
About the piercing, I think some people just dig pain.

lol yeah....there are ppl who get off on pain...its odd. and....yeah maybe they have a different way of speaking in alaska?
Lurker
0 likes
Err, sorry... Snake bites are two on either side of the bottom lip, the septum is one on your nose between your nostrils, and a medusa is one above your upper lip, below your nose. It's not Alaskan-talk, it's just what some call for those types of piercings.

Actually, Alaska doesn't really say many things different. Except for we usually call soda, "soda" and some places in the lower 48 call it "pop." And we say "snowmachine" and a lot of other places call it "snowmobile." (Weird.)
Lurker
0 likes
No one speak Inuit up there anymore?
Lurker
0 likes
Well, yes. There are the different Native cultures that speak their languages. But it's just like any other place who has a variety of residents living there who speak different languages.
Lurker
0 likes
I had a cousin in Barrow. Haven't talked to him in eons!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by GToast
I have a question, and I swear it's a legit question. I only ask because I honestly do not know the answer.

What's with multiple piercings?

I mean, an earlobe, yeah, common enough; a bellybutton? Well, okay. But lips,tongues, noses? Clits and nipples?

I'm not talking about the all-metal-everywhere crowd; just some of the pictures I see on Usenet and around.

Don't be offended; I'm not criticizing. I'm only curious.

Well actually, it's very rare for the actual clit to get pierced. Usually it's the clitoral hood, and a small bead on the end rests just over the clitoris, adding stimulation.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Interesting Thanks for the replies as well as the questions enjoyable read!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love needles... I only have 6 ear piercings now (4 lobes, tragus and cartiledge), but I used to have my tongue and lip pierced. Wouldn't get my lip repierced, but would love to get my tongue pierced again.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
I think it's pretty. And you use the same metall in piercngs as you do in hip transplants.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am sooo uncool. Two simple spots on each ear lobe. Usually go with a decorative stud and something dangling. The thought of....other spots?
Ugh.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
While I agree that some people over do it with facial piercing to the point of grotesque, I do see appeal in smaller subtle piercings. Like myself for example I have three facial piercings, my tongue which most people don't even realize I have because I don't speak with a wide open mouth but I do speak loud and clear, my nose in which I wear a small jewel or metal stud and it looks adorable, and my eyebrow just a very small bar with the tiniest balls on the end usually in black or clear you barely even notice it there.

So what is the appeal? I myself see them just as decorative jewelry much like ear rings, necklaces, bracelets and rings, I personally would like to know what the difference is between having your nose pierced or your ears each piercing is small, containing the same amount of metal and actually with some the earrings woman where the ears appear more tacky then a little nose stud or hoop.

As some who wears little no make up, basic jewelry and tasteful clothes I find that my piercings are very appealing. And it should be said that I have worked in customer service as a restaurant manager and a hostess for several years and most of my customers find my piercings to be cute and tasteful.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't find it at all attractive, but have been told by a girlfriend that the tongue piercing is good for oral sex. Personally, I am told my technique is quite good and even if it weren't, I wouldn't pierce my tongue just to get my guy off. Sorry boys!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have one piercing and it's because I wanted it. It's Prince Albert. I've had it for years and it's great. No woman that has seen it has been grossed out or wasn't sure it they wanted to try it. On the contrary they all want to try it. Some say the can really feel it and others not so much. Piercings are a private choice and you have to deal with social acceptance. Personally I like anything below the neck. Facial stuff might be ok for some, and it's their choice, I just don't personally like it.