Older guy Younger Woman?

last reply
16 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
ok ladies.... whats your take on an older guy dating a younger woman.... ok so the guy is old enough to be her dad say? I got lambasted in a chat room when it was brought up... when I was 44 I was dating a girl who was 21. I didn't force her to be with me. Your take please?
Lurker
0 likes
Well, I personally couldn't date someone as old as my dad...or even close to him. Creepy when these older guys hit on you when clubbing. That being said, what floats someones else's boat is none of my business and I really don't have a care about it. If both involved are happy then whose business is it? Just isn't my cup of tea.
Lurker
0 likes
After my divorce I sort of re-entered the dating scene and had to set myself up with a new place etc. I found that a lot of younger gals showed plenty of interest in "dating" me, an older guy. I was 44 at the time, however I perhaps didn't look like an older guy. No grey hair or balding and I was in pretty good shape.
Anyway I was hooking up with 20 year olds all the time. Comments were that they didn't like dating younger guys because of experiance, maturity, etc. it never was an issue for me either. They were all old enough to think for themselves.
As Kristin says, to each his own, whatever makes you happy.
Lurker
0 likes
Dating an older man has advantages, same goes for young guys. Older men can be sexually more experienced, relaxed, attentive. They're usually not into 'drama', are more financially organised. (I'm NOT saying how much money they have is an issue). Personally I find older guys attractive but not for only those reasons.

A 44yo man with a 21yo Girl? If they like each other, who cares? I certainly wouldn't frown upon it. If a 60yo man wants to be with a 21yo and vice versa, isn't it their own business? Age is a number, not a state of mind as they say..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I always had a thing for dating older guys when I was younger, see the first 2 stories I posted on here!
I am still attracted to the 40 something guy, so I don't know now if it was just the fact they were older than me, or that I just like 40 something men!...so watch out for when I'm in my 70's! lol x
Lurker
0 likes
Good comments all....

Yes, I see the allure for older guys dating younger women, sexually. But for me, past a certain age spread, normally that is about all the allure is, sexual. The common frames of interest and experiences tend to really drop off.

And I can see the allure for younger gals with older guys too. But that tends to also depend on how good the older guy looks, and if he looks his age or not, is in shape, etc. I say this because I tend to get told I look at least 10 years younger than I am, and I know guys my age that look 10 or more years OLDER than they are. So there isn't really a set standard from what I have seen. If it is a fit and attractive older guy, most of the time no one even thinks twice about it. But if he is out of shape or LOOKS old, then you tend to see the "he is as old as my/your dad" type comments.

The same things tend to hold true in reverse too.... if the girl is 20 or so, but LOOKS like she is 15, you will get some comments. But if she is "mature" looking, but young, and he is fit and good looking; I think most don't give it much thought.

So it all depends. There is no real one answer covers all "couples" who have a large age gap.
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by OpenMindedGuy
After my divorce I sort of re-entered the dating scene and had to set myself up with a new place etc. I found that a lot of younger gals showed plenty of interest in "dating" me, an older guy. I was 44 at the time, however I perhaps didn't look like an older guy. No grey hair or balding and I was in pretty good shape.

You were 44 at the time of your divorce, but you're 42 now? Is there some Canadian fountain of youth no one told me about? If so, I have a few Canadian Lush friends who will, hopefully, let me come crash at their place.

To answer the OP: I get the whole love has no boundaries, you connect with who you connect with regardless of age, blah, blah, blah. HOWEVER, I find men who consistently go out/hookup/date women who could be their daughters kind of creepy. To me, they seem to have control issues and also lack confidence and/or have insecurity issues when dealing with women their own age.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CurlyGirly
To me, they seem to have control issues and also lack confidence and/or have insecurity issues when dealing with women their own age.

Honestly, I feel the same way with women who tend to date men MUCH younger than they are as well.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I find the whole "older men are more attentive/caring lovers, more respectful, and mature about relationships and sex" to be total BS. Old guys looking for younger girls can be just as douchey and selfish in bed as a young guy. I haven't seen age gaps bring anything more to the table than a girl could get with a guy closer to her own age, other than cash and financial security. I'm not against these pairings, but I would take it on a case by case basis. The generalization that older guys have more to offer as far as sex and emotions go because of their experience, however, is a total fallacy.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I find the whole "older men are more attentive/caring lovers, more respectful, and mature about relationships and sex" to be total BS. Old guys looking for younger girls can be just as douchey and selfish in bed as a young guy. I haven't seen age gaps bring anything more to the table than a girl could get with a guy closer to her own age, other than cash and financial security. I'm not against these pairings, but I would take it on a case by case basis. The generalization that older guys have more to offer as far as sex and emotions go, however, is a total fallacy.

The same as things said about younger guys/gals too. I find most of them completely stupid and outright offensive in some cases. And to add to what you said, not all older guys ARE financially secure.

Another generality that sits wrong with me, is when bad sex is almost always blamed on a MAN not doing things right. I think we all know that women can be pretty lousy in bed too and many times the problem is THEM and not the guy. Comparability and expectations are HUGE factors in both sex and partnerships/dating. And every issue assigned to one sex, age group, etc. can in most cases apply to every other one. Because we are all individuals and we see the same types of people in both sexes AND all age groups.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by JohnC

The same as things said about younger guys/gals too. I find most of them completely stupid and outright offensive in some cases. And to add to what you said, not all older guys ARE financially secure.

Another generality that sits wrong with me, is when bad sex is almost always blamed on a MAN not doing things right. I think we all know that women can be pretty lousy in bed too and many times the problem is THEM and not the guy. Comparability and expectations are HUGE factors in both sex and partnerships/dating. And every issue assigned to one sex, age group, etc. can in most cases apply to every other one. Because we are all individuals and we see the same types of people in both sexes AND all age groups.

Agreed on all counts. Older guys (and gals) do have more likelihood to be more financially secure than their 20 yr counterparts though (statistically), although this is definitely not always the case. There are plenty of broke and unstable people of all ages out there. That's just one area where they can sometimes edge the younger competition. Intelligence, emotional maturity, and sexual skills vary by the individual though. In my experience (and those of friends), I haven't seen any correlation to age (or gender).
Lurker
0 likes
It would seem that "People are People" and we exist on a spectrum, at any particular time we can move up and down that spectrum depending upon where we are at any one point, be it age, gender, preferences, sexual orientation or our preference for marmite. Let us rejoice at the wonders of the human experience....go humans.jusu3R9c96C9nWG4
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i see nothign wrong with it i perfer older men and will continue to have fun with them
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As a 19 yr old Im into older guys. My first "older" guy was 22. I was under 18... He didnt force me into anything. As a matter if fact he was reluctant but I seduced him anyway.
Ive been with several married, older guys. The oldest was 42. There is alot of flirting and alot cross the line. Im no expert but alot have marital problems. There is the thrill of that . I satisfy the babysitter fantasies they have.
Lurker
0 likes
Ditto to all
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by trinket
Dating an older man has advantages, same goes for young guys. Older men can be sexually more experienced, relaxed, attentive. They're usually not into 'drama', are more financially organised. (I'm NOT saying how much money they have is an issue). Personally I find older guys attractive but not for only those reasons.

A 44yo man with a 21yo Girl? If they like each other, who cares? I certainly wouldn't frown upon it. If a 60yo man wants to be with a 21yo and vice versa, isn't it their own business? Age is a number, not a state of mind as they say..

this is exactly my feeling as well. We met at a bar that the band I was in was playing a gig. On a break she came up to me and introduced herself.... we hit it off and dated for several months until she moved to another state. Thats pretty much it. It was what it was.... our ages matter'd not to each other. We had a great time!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Bluez

this is exactly my feeling as well. We met at a bar that the band I was in was playing a gig. On a break she came up to me and introduced herself.... we hit it off and dated for several months until she moved to another state. Thats pretty much it. It was what it was.... our ages matter'd not to each other. We had a great time!

When it all boils down to it I liked what orangefox said... People are people.

I'm wondering if the people in that chat room were a little jealous of you