Login

Nail color

last reply
14 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
What factor or factors are involved when you pick the color(s) for you nail polish?
Active Ink Slinger
I have a system for this, which is surprising to those who know me as I hunt, work outside, and do other activities that would ruin nails.

I take into consideration:

-upcoming events: Am I wearing a dress to this event? What color is the dress or in the outfit? (find a color that matches or compliments the dress/outfit)

- upcoming holidays: What holidays are in the near future? Christmas? Red and green with glitter. New Year's? Blue, gold, and silver.

-seasonal colors: In the summer, I mostly do pinks, yellows, and light blues; Winter is more purple or blue; Spring is pink, purple, blue

- "Screw it": When I'm tired of thinking, I just say "Screw it!" and choose a random color. I never do white or black though.

I never get fake tips though, because I had two-inch ones for prom (my first time ever). But, I ended up going to Europe for two weeks, so I had to suffer until I got back to America!

I'm a bit tomboyish, so my nails are one of the few ways I express my femininity.

I hardly ever go for a mani but it's usually for a special occasion
Active Ink Slinger
It varies depending on my mood and what I am doing.If its juts a casual week with nothing specific planned than any random color.If its a college football game then orange or or purple. If its a special night then match whatever I plan to wear
Lurker
It depends on the season...spring and summer are more bright fun colors, and fall and winter are more dark sexy colors. My mood has a lot to do with it too, I switch up a lot. I do my own, I don't like other people touching my feet and both my finger nails and toe nails have to match.
Lurker
I usually go for pinks, red, or purple, and some blues. Lighter shades in warmer months and darker in colder months. I don't go wild and bright and do not like my nails very long.
Active Ink Slinger
i will let my girl friend pick me out a color, she has good taste, dose she ever!
Active Ink Slinger
Girl friend replies. Tammy I would like to see any colour on your nails, but I love purple

Life is not a rehearsal!!
Active Ink Slinger
Girlfriend replies. Tammy I would like to see any colour on your nails, but I love purple

Life is not a rehearsal!!
Lurker
My girlfriend does my nails ,I usually leave it up to her to choose the color or design
Chat Moderator
Clear nail polish and a fresh salon manicure every 3 weeks keeps me in good shape. I hate chipped polish and I don't have time to stay on top of that kind of thing every week.

My toes however...I love burgundy and steel grey mostly and I do my own pedicures once a month. They last great and they are always ready for sandals
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
My wardrobe is the biggest deciding factor for my nail color, which is ultimately influenced by the seasons. Fortunately I live in an area that has a 'true' Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter, which allows me to have a practical and comprehensive wardrobe.

I do neutral/darker colors in the cool seasons and light/bright colors in the warm seasons.

Fall/Winter colors tend to be darker/more neutral, so even if the color(s) I choose isn't an exact match to what I'm wearing, it won't ever clash or distract from my outfit.

The same logic applies for my wardrobe in the Spring/Summer when I'm wearing brighter/lighter colors.

However, if I feel like wearing a color regardless of the seasons, I do so...but more often than not, I go with the seasons, because I dress according to the seasons for the most part.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
my mood but its not just colour it can also be the design and texture that is also needed to be considered,
The Bee's Knees
i choose my nail color based on the seasons, or just my mood at the moment. i keep nothing but a clear topcoat on my fingernails. my toenails is where i play. in the spring and summer, i like pastels and brights. in the autumn and winter, i prefer deeper richer colors. if going by strictly mood, i may use a glitter polish, or do a design.

Say. Her. Name.

Lurker
Thank you all for your responses! They are fun to read!