last reply
14 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do you like men who are metrosexual?
Do we want them to be well-groomed and manscaped drinking a martini in the lounge or do we want the rugged man's man drinking a beer in the pub?
Which kind do you prefer and why is your preference that way?

xx B.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Uhm, well, I like Highwaymen and Pirates, but there don't seem to be too many of those around...
Stock answer to most forum questions:
Some do, Some don't

Love blindsides us all.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I've dated both kinds of guys (metrosexuals and rugged/sporty ones). Metrosexuals can come with a lot of vanity and ego, which can piss me off over time. I had an ex that used to keep a spare change of clothes in the car so that he could have the option of switching things up depending on what bar we were going to. A high maintenance man is never a good thing. They need a lot of attention.

I prefer somewhere in the middle. Someone who wants to look good and is well groomed but casual... and definitely not too pretentious, vain or fussy about it. And someone who can rock whatever look he has going on for the whole night without needed an emergency spare-outfit or vanity kit in the car.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I have never been attracted to Metrosexuals. That is one of my "deal breakers"

They have probably never been attracted to me either
Lurker
0 likes
I hate metrosexual guys, definately a deal breaker for me! Much prefer my men who like a pint down the pub, enjoy getting dirty fixing cars, and a manly man!

Im not very high maintenance myself so couldnt deal with a guy who was
Lurker
0 likes
No not into metrosexuals at all... Prefer a Real Man...

Need i say more...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Kiki28
No not into metrosexuals at all... Prefer a Real Man...

Need i say more...

Oh yes!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not My Thing, Never Was, Never Will Be. I Love The Rocker Type So A Bit Of Grunge Is Cool. But They Must Be Clean, LOL!

Metrosexuals Are Too Vain!! Too Pretty! I Like Men To Be Men. If I Want Someone Pretty, I Rather Have A Girl!!
Lurker
0 likes
You girls made my day...

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go exfoliate.
Lurker
0 likes
It's definitely a balance..... if a guy has more hair products than me (and I only have a couple) then he can get lost - that bathroom shelf is for MY stuff, not his

No, I like a guy that is clean - regular showers don't go amiss, but I like a guy that's happy to get down and dirty.....and not just in the way your dirty mind is thinking either.

I can't stand it when guys are panicking about getting a spot of mud on their shoes, jeans, etc.... don't go on a walk in white shoes then for goodness sake *eye roll*

MIXTURE PLEASE. Rugged, but clean.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like men to look as perfect as they can. If they want to party with me then they need to get their lazy asses to the gym (giggles) and work out to sculpt that muscle. They need to pay attention to fashion too because jeans and tees take the easy way out and it soooo boring and generic. Snooze. If they start to slack after I commit and dont take care of themselves the way they used to than it never works out. I had one boyfriend that gained 9 kg and that was the last straw for me cause the attraction was gone which is a tragedy because he was perfect in the other ways. I did buy him a used-bowflex for his birthday but it didn't work so I had to ditch. I work hard on my look so I like men who work hard and look good standing next to me too. That might sound vain but its true. Luv the metrosexuals all the way. Hollywood men are all metrosexual so we can't say that its not hot.

He only needs to get down and dirty if its on me. Giggles.

xx B.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by cokeheadbarbie

Do you like men who are metrosexual?
Do we want them to be well-groomed and manscaped drinking a martini in the lounge or do we want the rugged man's man drinking a beer in the pub?
Which kind do you prefer and why is your preference that way?

xx B.

No, not at all, metrosexual men kind of a annoy me. It is lovely to see high maintain women, but to see a man who cares more what he has on him than in him (applying to his mind) it is not attractive to me. I assume that you are not talking about extremes, in one hand metrosexuals in other neglected unhealthy guys.

I don't care what he drinks, I am for variety anyway..

I definitely prefer to hang out with people who's main occupation and conversations on daily basis, is not about what is in and what to put on ourselves. Sadly, metrosexuals do have main occupation, and that is not politics, world crises, polution/warming of the atmosphere, diseases... At least the ones I have met in my life, and I am not saying that all of them are shallow.. Personal style that they tend to achieve, comes from somewhere else, imo
Lurker
0 likes
Metrosexuals (gags)... I dated a metrosexual for 5 years. It got so old trying to compete for bathroom time, buying him expensive clothes,buying him expensive man products etc etc When a bloke takes longer in the bathroom than you it's time to kick him to the kerb. I love manly men who can either out drink me or keep up with me pint for pint. The kind of man who will go 3 to 4 days without a shower at a festival. It's a respect thing. It took me ages to be happy with myself. I need someone who is comfortable enough in their skin to not have to use props (clothes,product etc) to make themselves feel good.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Loislane
Metrosexuals (gags)... I dated a metrosexual for 5 years. It got so old trying to compete for bathroom time, buying him expensive clothes,buying him expensive man products etc etc When a bloke takes longer in the bathroom than you it's time to kick him to the kerb. I love manly men who can either out drink me or keep up with me pint for pint. The kind of man who will go 3 to 4 days without a shower at a festival. It's a respect thing. It took me ages to be happy with myself. I need someone who is comfortable enough in their skin to not have to use props (clothes,product etc) to make themselves feel good.

Not So Sure About The 3 Or 4 Days Without A Shower,LOL! But I Get Your Point. Men Need To Be Men. Physically Fit Yes, But Perfectly Sculpted, NO WAY!! Ill Take The Ripped Jeans, T-Shirt And Leather Jacket Wearing Beer Drinker To The Armani Wearing, Techno Dancing, Imported Swill Sipping Pretty Boy Any Day!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
Quote by Loislane

Not So Sure About The 3 Or 4 Days Without A Shower,LOL! But I Get Your Point. Men Need To Be Men. Physically Fit Yes, But Perfectly Sculpted, NO WAY!! Ill Take The Ripped Jeans, T-Shirt And Leather Jacket Wearing Beer Drinker To The Armani Wearing, Techno Dancing, Imported Swill Sipping Pretty Boy Any Day!!

Absolutely give a real man anyday. A metrosexual wouldn't last long in my area. I like the biker or blue collar type probably because I relate to them much more. Also because that kind of man usually knows how to make love to me. 3 or 4 days without a shower at a festival? Sure, if I am there with him.