Login

Losing Your Mojo

last reply
8 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
There was a study a few years ago conducted by a university in Ontario where men and women were surveyed on various sexual issues. The researchers tracked the subjects' responses over time and reported the results. One of the questions posed to the subjects was to rank their sexual satisfaction from 1-10. Another asked them to rank their sexual desire using the same scale.

The study found that those respondents who were in long-term relationships (marriage or otherwise) showed no significant difference in sexual satisfaction over time, regardless of gender. On the issue of sexual desire, the study found no difference among the men. But for every year in which a woman maintained a sexually-exclusive relationship with a man, the rating of sexual desire was significantly lower each and every year.

This seems to match what I have observed, both from my own perspective and from listening to male friends who have been in long-term, sexually-exclusive, relationships. The universal lament seems to be that when a man and woman first meet, their libidos are off the charts. They have sex as often as possible, and in every way their creativity will allow. Over time, men's libidos remain high, while their partner's plummets.

Obviously, there are exceptions to the rule for both men and women. My question for the ladies is: has this been your experience? Does desire wane over time the longer you are with the same man? If so, why do you think that is?
I can safely say that in over three years, i have experienced no waning in desire. I will report back in twenty years.
Rainbow Warrior
I've seen this happen to a lot of couples. Some of our married friends are now divorced. David and I have been going together since college, nearly 14 years, living together for 8 years, but since I'm bisexual, we realized marriage and an exclusive sexual relationship would never work for me, so we've been in an open relationship nearly the whole time we've been together. It keeps things lively.
Advanced Wordsmith
I think we need variety in our sexual lives to maintain that spark. Lust is like anything else with our bodies, it needs to be exercised to flourish.
That does not really mean we can't remain exclusive though.
I get my kicks from reading stories, chatting about sex online and maybe once in a while sending a dirty photo to a stranger, then i go home to my man and have amazing sex.

It is as simple as that.
Active Ink Slinger
I am bisexual and my libido has become more regular rather than haphazard in my previous years. I live with my gf and we will never marry as neither of us will give anybody a commitment to remain faithful to one person.
Two years ago my gf and i agreed to live together - and we still do - and soon formed a FWB arrangement of four (2x2) which later expanded to six (3x3) when another couple known to us joined us. They wished to live together but share their sexuality with us having done so individually and enjoyed the experiences. Variety is a spice of life.
We have existed as FWB for over two years and we have a way of life we all agree is second to none. The guys dont live with us - thats the secret of our success.
We believe that we have the best of both worlds and can and do enjoy the relationships we have all have together, or alone, with either male and female in a way that we have enjoyed without fear or favor.
I cant see our "Mojo" changing now.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by JustSomeJoe
My question for the ladies is: has this been your experience? Does desire wane over time the longer you are with the same man? If so, why do you think that is?

Not my experience but my best guess is that the man has ceased pursuit of the woman (for whatever reason) and the woman then sees no need to look after herself and/or the relationship. It's a chicken and egg problem, really.
Quote by Dilettante

Not my experience but my best guess is that the man has ceased pursuit of the woman (for whatever reason) and the woman then sees no need to look after herself and/or the relationship. It's a chicken and egg problem, really.

If the man's appetite stays high and the woman's wanes, I wouldn't think the woman's care of herself or the relationship is involved. Although in my case, I've always had the higher sex drive that more sustained, whether I was with a man or a woman. So, maybe I am the problem.
The Bee's Knees
nope. now that i have a few decades under my belt, i'm finding that as i get older i'm becomming more carefree, confident and curious.

Say. Her. Name.