Is there a past love:

last reply
45 replies
4.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is there a past love, you would hock-up with again?
If there were no one now?

Reasons have come up that I ask the question.

Bat
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
No. And the reason being, that there is a reason they are in the past. Everything ok Bat, sweetie?
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
An your Av is really great. Fits you - perrr fect.

Can't answer that, sorry.

Bat
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I would.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Pixie, you don't feel that everyone grows and on the rare chance might warrant a second chance?
Lurker
0 likes
I'm married to the one and only love in my life, so I'm not sure how I'd feel if I was in that position. I suppose it'd depend on the reason for the original breakup, and whether I was the dumper or the dumpee. Being older and wiser going into a relationship the second time around would have to help, though.
Lurker
0 likes
I've thought many of times I would love to get back with an old flame until the old adage pops in my head, "you can never go back"
Lurker
0 likes
Past lovers are in the past for a reason and should stay there.
Story Verifier
0 likes
I recently started chatting to my first ever boyfriend from 16 years ago, I would love to fuck him again, now that we both know what we're doing (assuming that he does) lol.
He's in japan though haha! and if I remember correctly he was quite a selfish lover, though he was young so I forgive him :0)
A Professional Writer is an amateur who didn't quit"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So would that be a yes to the possibility of starting a relationship with him again or just the sex Smiler?
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
No, Orion I dont. Like I said before, there is a reason they are in the past. People do change, but once you get a good look at what they are like, and why you broke up to begin with reason is going to reign over wonder.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
SO basically all men are emotional infants with no hope of ever becoming better than they are. Loss can make people look as themselves and realize what they are doing wrong. I don't say this is the case for everyone but I know a few people who completely changed their lives after losing someone. They too never got back those they lost but they changed a great deal for the better.

I guess it all goes back to you don't know what you have until it is lost, but it seems in the eye's of most women you have to do it right the first time or never.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by OrionTat
SO basically all men are emotional infants with no hope of ever becoming better than they are. Loss can make people look as themselves and realize what they are doing wrong. I don't say this is the case for everyone but I know a few people who completely changed their lives after losing someone. They too never got back those they lost but they changed a great deal for the better.

I guess it all goes back to you don't know what you have until it is lost, but it seems in the eye's of most women you have to do it right the first time or never.

I don't agree with that. I think that our relationships help us grow to become who we are and we move on. When we move on from a relationship it's as if we're regressing. Even if both people have grown, there are still old patterns and expectations and those keep us back. Sorry - just my opinion.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Let me ask you this Orion, what about physical abuse? Is that not reason enough to say the past is the past? I was physically abused in my past relationship, and there is NO WAY IN HELL I would give him another chance.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
hey, my ex wouldn't even have sex with me (very touchy subject his beliefs......NOT mine lol relationship didnt last very long lol) so why would i want to with him...now i think of it urghhhhh
lol so thats a no
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
In Afrikaans we have a saying loosely translated meaning "don't peel an apple twice".
My answer would be no... tried it once lol
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by OrionTat
So would that be a yes to the possibility of starting a relationship with him again or just the sex Smiler?

Hmm never say never, we all grow age and experience, he probably would drive me insane like he did the first time, but being insane is sometimes good!
A Professional Writer is an amateur who didn't quit"
Lurker
0 likes
Interesting question. Even more interesting are some of the responses.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OK sorry for your relationship pixie. I wasn't suggesting that anyone go into a dangerous abusive relationship. What I was suggesting is that if a guy had really grown and changed from what he was like during the last relationship if he would ever warrant a second chance. He has just as much a chance to blow it again but it seems there are no such things as second chances.

The good thing is I think with all this perspective I have a story Idea brewing.
Lush Legend
0 likes
I agree Ghost....
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
I approached this subject with one of my stories, but it was pure fiction. The characters were made to "fit". I had to create a scenario that wasn't just another "two people met and fucked".
This is all deep psychology and there are no easy, quick answers.

That was such a sweet answer, Tech. Thank you, baby.

I feel exactly the same way and you already know that.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just guess I am too romantic at heart and cannot believe the idea that love can't conquer all. Guess reality is a lot more bitter.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by OrionTat
I just guess I am too romantic at heart and cannot believe the idea that love can't conquer all. Guess reality is a lot more bitter.

I'm a bit of a romantic, too, so I know where you're coming from. People change, though. Sometimes for the better. Sometimes they just grow apart.
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
That was such a sweet answer, Tech. Thank you, baby.

I feel exactly the same way and you already know that.

I speak only the truth baby. You've changed my life.

My current Dirty Talk Competition story:

His Voice

My latest micro:

Your Slutty Mouth

Help this story become famous:

The Office Whore - Part 1

Lush Legend
0 likes
I agree Orion and Sweet. I guess I can't really say until a situation like that comes up. I am all about being in the moment and deciding at that time. I do believe people can change but I also believe that doesn't mean you have to get back together because of it.
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
I have actually done this.

My first husband and I were not on speaking terms for about 12 years (during the time he was married to his second wife who was insanely jealous of me... God only knows why). Then this past year he reached out to me to talk. We had many long conversations where there were no recriminations, only heart-felt explanations of where we had both been emotionally when our marriage collapsed. Afterward we hooked up 'for old times sake' but there wasn't anything other to it than that...

Maybe this wasn't the best example since it didn't lead anywhere. Hmmm.

Ling~Li
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As I don't think I have yet, Welcome Ling-Li

Thanks for your reply.
And, how do you feel now?

Bat