Is it usually one chat and go?

last reply
16 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hi new to lush I love the site...from my short experience in chatting a few times now, we would get a long great, they add me to friends then talk basically a whole day hitting it off...then crickets...I love talking about everything and yes sex is one of my favorite subjects, but I try to let the lady lead where she would like the conversation to go..just curious if that is how it is, one chat and poof lol thanks!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am afraid to tell you that is the way Lush seems to work. People will accept you as a friend and you will never hear from them again. Or maybe once or twice. Then Poof!

There must be a reward for just how many friends you can have. But I have never received the code.

Suggestion accept friends and if they disappear delete them You have lost nothing

You may be able to present you perspective more by commenting on Forum regularly and by going to the Chat Rooms.

Good Luck and I hope you find the right people to have fun with.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Welcome to rush... err, Lush! Two chats are hardly enough to draw broad conclusions, but after 4 and a half years here, I've found that only a very few who have friended me have ever bothered to chat. It's partly my fault though. I seldom initiate chats myself, but I always engage in them when offered. (I'm always afraid I might catch someone at an inconvenient time, or they just might not be in the mood to chat). Out of 100+ friends, I have maybe half a dozen friends with whom I chat regularly, and we've kept in contact for years. I welcome more regular chat-buddies.
Saucy Little Minx ♥️
0 likes
First welcome to Lush!

I’ve had a total opposite experience on here. Sure I’ve had a few that didn’t workout but all in all I have a incredible group of men. I adore them all.

Don’t rush in, take your time you’ll meet some great people on here but you don’t have to be friends with everyone. I made that mistake at first.

My suggestion ~ hang out in the chatrooms sit back and watch. They say “a picture is worth a 1000 words” say hi to the ladies that their pics align with what you like not just that they’re posting.

Have fun! ~B
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Welcome to Lush.

Sometimes it is hit and miss with members. I used to chat to a lot of people and now I might chat with two people if I am lucky. Don't let it discourage you.
Lurker
0 likes
I am new here too but I think it's that way on most sites. When I think about it though it is kind of that way in real life. Friends here are more like the acquaintances we have in real life. Some of those we say hello to but never really have a deep conversation. There are friends and then there are FRIENDS.
0 likes
Quote by chillyhicks
I am new here too but I think it's that way on most sites. When I think about it though it is kind of that way in real life. Friends here are more like the acquaintances we have in real life. Some of those we say hello to but never really have a deep conversation. There are friends and then there are FRIENDS.

With some people, yes it is one chat and go. I prefer to find the ones that love to continue t9 chat. Find those friends and keep them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Welcome to Lush! In the majority of cases I woukd say that is the case, I personally have a few lushies who I talk to on a regular basis and one of them is on a daily basis. So it possible to find friends who are more than just a one hit wonder
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
yes, that does happen often. however, there can be TONS of reasons why chatting has slowed down. perhaps you met when they had a lull in their daily schedule and life has since picked up. don't take it personally. also, remember, a pm can go a long way. drop them a line and mention that you'd love to chat again when they get the chance. good luck!?

Say. Her. Name.

Lurker
0 likes
Welcome! Yes, there are some members on here that really just hop and skip around. I’ve friended people, deleted them when I got no further engagement in chat, then had them chat me up again forgetting that we’d met before. I go by how well the first couple of interactions go before adding as a friend and I don’t hesitate to delete. That being said I have met several guys here who I chat with regularly and one has become a true long time friend. So it’s possible.
Princess Popsicle
0 likes
I've been on Lush for seven and a half years now and I have a lot of experience with what you're describing. I have made a few really incredible friends who, for their own personal reasons, have had to leave the site and that is a loss I still mourn. I have a good friend who I've known in here for years and we can go a long time without chatting but when we catch up it's like old friends meeting for a pint. It's easy and fun and you wonder how you left it so long. And then there are others who I have enjoyed talking to very much, but for whatever reason we don't chat. I regularly purge my friends list and remove anyone I don't chat to as I am not here to collect avatars.
If you like first time, bisexual or teen then please read this and help make it famous!

My First Time With a Girl
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chillyhicks

I am not new here, and I do have a friend or two that I talk to now and then, and one friend I try and talk to daily. It's all about preferences, and what each person wants. I like FRIENDS.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I think that some guys on here think that the chat feature is a pick-up place. This is a bit silly cos we are from all over the world.
Anyway, I like to chat to guys, with no intention of ever meeting them.
I have dropped out of chats when I felt the guy was too insistent on trying to have some kind of closer relationship.
Its just a chat. I like chats. But I don't like being hassled.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
iv hung around in chat and made friends that way, must admit i do have a great core of guys that i chat to, they know that it isnt going to lead to anything and so do i, but must admit there are a few, well lets just say, needy guys, who think one chat and your theres and you wanna meet them, thats why sometimes i just drop out of chat when things are getting a little creepy lol.

i normally find the one chat and go guys are the ones who just wanna meet after one chat, and dont like it when you say no
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Quote by TallTexan007
Hi new to lush I love the site...from my short experience in chatting a few times now, we would get a long great, they add me to friends then talk basically a whole day hitting it off...then crickets...I love talking about everything and yes sex is one of my favorite subjects, but I try to let the lady lead where she would like the conversation to go..just curious if that is how it is, one chat and poof lol thanks!

The real problem with friends and chat is that while I do enjoy talking with guys about just about anything, I'm not prepared to be exclusive with them and them alone. Every minute spent in chat with one friend (male or female) is one minute that can't be spent with another. I'm generally not a friend collector (numbers aren't that important to me), but I have 75+ friends now and I just don't have the time to be on this site as often as they would like or to chat with only them.

Meg
Meagan
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Quote by carlyhughes2018
iv hung around in chat and made friends that way, must admit i do have a great core of guys that i chat to, they know that it isnt going to lead to anything and so do i, but must admit there are a few, well lets just say, needy guys, who think one chat and your theres and you wanna meet them, thats why sometimes i just drop out of chat when things are getting a little creepy lol.

i normally find the one chat and go guys are the ones who just wanna meet after one chat, and dont like it when you say no

I agree with Carly on this. My experience as well.
Meagan
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Quote by JulieTopper
I think that some guys on here think that the chat feature is a pick-up place. This is a bit silly cos we are from all over the world.
Anyway, I like to chat to guys, with no intention of ever meeting them.
I have dropped out of chats when I felt the guy was too insistent on trying to have some kind of closer relationship.
Its just a chat. I like chats. But I don't like being hassled.

You're right Julie. Lush is not a dating site. I joined because I like reading erotic stories and to write erotica when I can get the opportunity. I've met some wonderful people here but not looking to have an exclusive relationship with anyone here - real-life or cyber.

Meg
Meagan
Lurker
0 likes
I'm here to read, chat and hopefully make friends.
I'm NOT here to find love. I'm happily married, so guys you're out of luck! If the conversation leads to other means other than 'chit chat' then I leave.