Login

is being detached bad

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
is being detached bad all the time or can it be a good thing in a realationship friend or otherwise?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Hardbiker4u
is being detached bad all the time or can it be a good thing in a realationship friend or otherwise?

what do you think?

would you like someone who is involved with you to be "detached"?
Lurker
0 likes
People see me as quite detached, I don't speak though I'm quite happy to voice my words and feelings through touch or in writing such as on here or texting, im etc. my gf sees me for who I really am and I love her for it.
Removalist
0 likes
I feel as though detachment is an important part of a healthy relationship, every type even. Detachment is the state in which a person overcomes their attachment to desire for things, people or concepts of the world and thus attains a heightened perspective. Of course, the detachment would be a fitting one and not a complete severance.

I have been best friends with a female for 18 years and there are periods in our relationship that we simply do not talk. Maybe it is because the day-to-day activity gets boring and we need a break from it. Sometimes it is immediately after a smother-session where it was necissary for us to be together non-stop for days, weeks or even months. Other times life happens so fast that we don't have time for eachother but if something major happens, I always know that she is there.

The same thing applies for any other relationship. Being strong enough to stand on your own will make any relationship stronger.

Life happens, it moves and breathes. If you nail or screw (pun intended) any part of it completely down, its only a matter of time before it breaks. What fascinates me today may not do so tomorrow and its important to stay flexible.