Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

I get the impression that woman simply wait passively to be contacted by guys and then filter rather

last reply
17 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I totally disagree!

I prefer to see if a persons profile is interesting and has other socially redeeming qualities before I make contact or allow them to contact me.

Like most gals here, a guy with no avatar and just pics of his cock, will do nothing for me!
Take the time to chat a little but definitely have a completed profile filled out so that it tells the story about YOU!

Make your profile interesting so that we want to know more about you and actually be able to engage in a conversation!

We all are horney and want to fuck! But try to be more respectful and present yourself in an interesting light!

Steph
Lurker
0 likes
Are you talking about making friends on here, or in real life?

In real life, honestly, I am one of those girls. Im too embarrassingly shy to make the first move on a guy i think is hot, in case he thinks im desperate and/or says 'not with a 10 foot pole', so yes, i wait for them to make the first move. I dont agree it always works though, I've been single for 2 and a half years (with some offers i might add), so thats probably a sign i need to start sorting it out!
Lurker
0 likes
In response to the first reply (Steph), I don't think that my question was really understood...I am talking about passivity...this has nothing to do with looking at a person's profile and seeing if they are interesting or not and chatting.. I imagine that this is a normal approach for anyone! I hope that I don't need lessons in how to conduct myself but thank you for your opinions.
What I am talking about is actively going out and looking for interesting people rather than waiting for them to come to you. In both cases I assume people being respectful and engaging in conversation in order to get to know each other.
As Monroe states this is something that is equally applicable to real life as to lush.
Lurker
0 likes
For me, I do both...

If someone piques my interest, I have no problem in making contact.

Sometimes people will contact me first and a friendship will spring up that way...

I wouldn't say that I wait passively to be contacted though...
0 likes
Quote by Neversaynever
In response to the first reply (Steph), I don't think that my question was really understood...I am talking about passivity...this has nothing to do with looking at a person's profile and seeing if they are interesting or not and chatting.. I imagine that this is a normal approach for anyone! I hope that I don't need lessons in how to conduct myself but thank you for your opinions.

What I am talking about is actively going out and looking for interesting people rather than waiting for them to come to you. In both cases I assume people being respectful and engaging in conversation in order to get to know each other.
As Monroe states this is something that is equally applicable to real life as to lush.

I think you may want to take your own words into account, you laid out a very vaugue question. Steph was trying her best to answer what you had posted. Now you fire back with the statement "I hope that I don't need lessons in how to conduct myself but thank you for your opinions". Then you mention respect right after that - I am a little confused.

Steph is full of insightful comments and great opinions, now that you are more clear in your actual question. I think more ladies may be able to shed some more light as to what you are asking.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I think it's less gender-based and more to do with how outgoing someone is. While I agree that men are taught to be "the hunters" when it comes to proactively approaching women, a confident woman will have no problem with initiating things.

Personally, I don't play an aggressive game, but I will definitely signal interest (whether it's sex, relationship or friend based) and let things flow naturally from there. If there's someone that really catches my eye, I'm not going to hang in the background and passively leave things up to 'fate', waiting for him to notice/approach. But there's definitely a way to signal interest without being obnoxious or looking over-eager. After that, I'm not going to chase him though. I still expect for the guy (once he knows a woman is interested) to be the more dominant force, but that's just my preference in the type of guy I tend to like.

As far as Lush goes - it's a give and take with the guy (and girl) friends I've made here, but if someone is interesting/intriguing I'm pretty proactive. I don't like playing games. If I have something to say to someone, I'll say it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wait to be contacted i'm a little shy but i weigh out what their interest is and sort it out from there,if things work out we stay friends if not theres alway that saying,Well was nice meeting you but no thanks.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am more passive with when it comes to friend requests. I usually wait for them to ask as I know how many unsolicited requests people get ( I know I get a lot) so I rather not be annoying. But if I see someone who seems interesting or like something about their profile, I will let them know. But I also respect what their profile says too. So if they do not want to chat with someone they dont know yet, I respect that and may try to get to know them in the forums.
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you wise ass for your point, you are correct in mentioning that my question is too vague and that is clearly what has led to the confusion.
However, my intention was simply to clarify my question as Steph clearly hadn't understood what I was getting at...this is not to say that it is her fault.
I don't understand the insinuation about me being disrespectful though, maybe blunt but my points are genuine and not intended to be laced with sarcasm as seems to have been perceived. Perhaps I could have put things better...?
I often find things can be misinterpreted when written down and we lose the visual side of communication and tone of voice....that in itself could be a whole new topic lol
Anyway, would like to set things straight and certainly don't intend to offend anyone so I apologise if I have.
At the risk of sounding like an adolescent hippy 'Make love not war' ;-)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hello Neversaynever

If future, to avoid confusion for posters, it is best when filling out a new topic to give a brief hint of what the topic is about in the 'subject' area and your full question in the 'message' box below that, so members can see the full question. Otherwise there is a lot of second guessing what comes after rather....

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I find that by basically refusing to socialize, with the exception of my extensive friend list, that I give the impression that I might actually be an 18yo bisexual female nymphomaniac pretending to be a guy.......errrrr

What was the original question again?
“If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you."
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
sorry, posted in wrong forum, just too dumb to figure out how to delete the post
Lurker
0 likes
Okay Mr. Neversaynever let's look at it from a woman's perspective.

You go out for the evening and let's say that during the evening a number of horny guys come onto you. Make the maths easy lets say it's 10. Out of 10, 10 would be quite happy to fuck your brains out and probably wouldn't remember you name in the morning, have a condom on them or differenciate between you and the other 9 women they've tried it on with on the same night.

Faced with those odds can you possibly understand why a woman might filter out those 10 men and still go home without any of them?
Lurker
0 likes
I can of course understand, however the topic isn't about filtering or not, some guys actually filer too...its rather about being proactive or reactive...
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Neversaynever
I can of course understand, however the topic isn't about filtering or not, some guys actually filer too...its rather about being proactive or reactive...

Which do you prefer, NSN?
The aggressive, the assertive, the passive, the floormat?
Filter or non-filter in any of the previous four labeled personality types?
I tend to lean towards the filtering & assertive women, myself.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.