Microwave or starve or go out to eat (2 votes) 14%
Have you, my love - to do this for me (0 votes) 0%
Look at all the pretty appliances and wonder (0 votes) 0%
Know where the cereal and week old milk is located (0 votes) 0%
Make sure I have wine stocked in the fridge (1 vote) 7%
Avoid that part of the house/use for cat box (0 votes) 0%
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
"Microwave or starve or go out to eat" Thats pretty much me...
Lurker
0 likes
I know this is in the ask the gals section but I rather enjoy cooking though I don't get to do it all that often but it's fun.
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
I like to cook and try new recipes, but i have this thing of almost burning things because of not paying attention.
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
0 likes
I'm no seven course chef, but I really enjoy cooking. I love trying new recipes and changing them a little bit to make them my own.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm pretty good, usually make dinner for the family and have manage to cook for myself while being away at uni. Would like to experiementmore and try new recipes
Lurker
0 likes
My grandmother taught me loads of recipes...I have to cook otherwise our house would end up not eating if I do...And I love cooking but I hardly have the time enjoy just doing it with work and commuting...I love baking too. I learnt to cook initially because my mother wasn't the best cook in the world.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I love to cook when I'm in the mood, but I have to be in the mood.

I am happy to cook when its a meal for two (or more), but if its just me, I rarely can be bothered.

I'm kind of spoiled because I'm within walking distance of a Whole Foods and another specialty foods store, so often its just easier to pick up something on my way home. They have so many fresh made meals, and yeah, I'll admit, I've "faked it on occasion" by passing off something I picked up from there as homemade when I've offered to make dinner for someone... LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yeah, it's me again, in the "Ask the Gals" section.

I love to cook. I was raised by mostly women and love it. I was taught to cook at a young age and could do a full meal by the time I was 12. While I don't prepare meals as much as I'd like, living in a small studio apartment, I am invited over to friends quite often. I'll get a call, "hey, why don't you come over and whip something nice up for dinner?" It's usually from one of their wives. I just go thru all of their cabinets, refrigerator and freezer to see what's available first. If they don't have much, I'll pick up something. I do use cook books for suggestions, but add my own personal touch to dishes.

My last dinner was a fresh salmon dinner. I picked up some fresh salmon and baked it on cedar planks, with thyme and lemon slices. There was also new potatoes, steamed with rosemary and wine, alone with fresh green beans with garlic and butter. For desert I did an apple crisp with a bourbon/butter sauce. His wife ran out and came back with some nice white wine to go with it all.
Lurker
0 likes
i love to cook, try something new and cook for someone. I dont like cook for myself, dont know why
Constant Gardener
0 likes
My reasoning for this informal survey stems from the fact that of the nearly two dozen women I've been intimate enough with, over the last thirty years, to have been invited into their residences, perhaps less than half a dozen actually bothered to ever fire up their range or oven.

Only three that I can recall, felt comfortable enough inside a kitchen to ever prepare a meal which I then shared with them.

I have long suspected that two or three generations of women grew up and were taught to avoid those appliances found within many modern kitchens.

The microwave has always been their main tool.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I can hardly do a damn thing but my roommate cooks some so I hang out and watch. maybe something will rub off on me eventually, lol.
Lurker
0 likes
I learned to cook from my mother. Who learned from her mother. After leaving college and joining the medical profession, after a few years I was bored with it and the lack of respect and pay that they earn. I knew I liked to cook and it made me happy to see the different reactions that people get when they've either tried something new or found a old friend in the dish that I've made for them. So I went to culinary arts schools and even taught it for awhile. Cooked professionally but, now it's just for fun and for friends.
Some if it's science, some of it's art. I just do it for the love of it now.
Lurker
0 likes
People keep coming back to eat my cooking, and I've prepared some very large and elaborate dinner parties, too.

I perfected combat cooking, when you find out at 4 in the afternoon that the dinner party for eight people has grown to include seven others for the grand total of fifteen people, and you just shrug, buy more of whatever the main dish requires, and get on with it -- usually with a very large glass of Côte du Rhône to drink during the preparations, mind you.

Actually at this point in my life, I'm getting very tired of doing all the cooking, and the simpler the meal is to prepare and clean up afterwards, the better. I've also had my fill of preparing large dinner parties, too.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can bake and love it, especially cakes and cookies. But when it comes to cooking, forget about it.
Lurker
0 likes
Many a dry spell's eve, my father would trap a goat calf in the crevices of the Golan cliffs. We would assemble the spit from the knotting trunks of the olive trees in grove, setting the felled animal betwixt two fires as to not burn the hide to quickly and thus ruining our Maker's blessings with our haste. With no materials beyond the dry sage and salt dried from the near sea, our roasted calf was a sumptuous feast indeed- For there is no greater gift from He who provides then the sacrificial animal which nourishes friends and kin alike!

Alas, the philistine authorities, contracted by the local law enforcement, do not take kindly to my liberal use of neighbhorhood pets for this sacred method and ritual of evening feast. That night, and subsequent booking and posting of bail, henceforth, the merchants of sustenance at Sonic have introduced me to quite the blessed bounty of packaged warm goods!

I have seen and witnessed the joys of ones own preparation, and will partake similarly upon the next journey of discovery into the flatlands of Gaza.

Thus spoke Zarathustra.