How did you know it was love?

last reply
20 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Artistic Tart
0 likes
This is a question for all you girls who know for a fact that you're in love. Or- if you can remember a past love without being clouded by bitterness.

When you started liking a guy, how did you then know that you actually loved him? It might seem like a stupid question, but some of us have never really loved, so it would be good info to have if you don't mind sharing.

Please don't say 'well, you just know'. Try to be descriptive if you can.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My husband is the only man I've ever truly loved. I would give my life for him. I can't say that about any other guy I've dated.

I've said "I love you" to other guys, but I think what I meant was, "I love the way I feel when I'm with you." There's a big difference between that and love though.
Lurker
0 likes
Well, I was 12 and my first boyfriend was 14 and I always told everyone I loved him. He would come pick me up after school and walk me home, he was the first boy I ever kissed but we only dated for a month. When broke up and I was devastated. lol. We continued to hang out together till I was 13 and then he got a new GF and I began dating someone. The relationship I was in was TOXIC it was full of abuse by his hands and he had a drug problem. I was in that relationship till I was 20 Whenever I had a really hard night with the ex, I would litterally pray that if I would have one more Chance with the little boy I loved soooo many years ago I would change my life 360.

I had such low selfestem that my ex asked me to marry him and I said yes two weeks later I got a friend request on facebook and it was 'The man of my dreams'. After not seeing or hearing from him for 7 years I got the worst butterflies ever I probably almost barfed on the key board, just the night before I had fantasized he would come rescue me. Well long story short I ditched the zero and got with the hero.lol.

After 3 months I left my life behind and moved to be with him another 3 months later we were married, and 8 months after that we had a son I feel the same way about him now that I did when I was 12. We are totally insane for each other still and we will me married 2 years in 2 weeks.

As for the praying part, I have never prayed for anything else i'm not a religous person by anymeans. Just to keep my word though just incase someone did hear me I did everything I promised. I went back to school quit smokeing and stopped partying.

oct 2000

aug 2008
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I get that nervous feeling every time I just think about her.. talk to her... look at her picture... anything. Everything else just disappears.... If it feels this great just being online and over the phone, i can't imagin how amazing it would feel in person....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
MissJess I love a happy ending.

Congratulations.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think its a great question LadyX. I think the answers could really help a lot of people.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
wow this question is really important and hard at the same time!!!

love is such a small word ... but it means so much. many poeple have different veiws on love. some say you can only have one true love. others say you may love several people in your lifetime. there are different levels of love and there are different types. the love you feel for your best friend, the love you feel for a family member, and the love you feel for your boyfriend or girlfriend are all different. but they are all love. it's hard to say how you can tell if you really are in love. i think the biggest part is ... just knowing it in your heart. when you're crushing on someone you may get butterflies and act nervous and your palms get sweatyy and u think about them all the time. and you may think you're falling in love with them. but once you actually do find love .... there's this sense of peace in your heart where you just kno. you don't have to worry about being stupid around them like you have to with a crush. you mgith get butterflies at the weirdest moments because all of a sudden it hits you that you love this person. you feel weird and almost achy because you know you could never live without them. it's like they complete you. you think about them constantly, but not just about them. you think about the two of you together, the future and the past. like i said ... it's really hard to describe.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MissJess
Well, I was 12 and my first boyfriend was 14 and I always told everyone I loved him. He would come pick me up after school and walk me home, he was the first boy I ever kissed but we only dated for a month. When broke up and I was devastated. lol. We continued to hang out together till I was 13 and then he got a new GF and I began dating someone. The relationship I was in was TOXIC it was full of abuse by his hands and he had a drug problem. I was in that relationship till I was 20 Whenever I had a really hard night with the ex, I would litterally pray that if I would have one more Chance with the little boy I loved soooo many years ago I would change my life 360.

I had such low selfestem that my ex asked me to marry him and I said yes two weeks later I got a friend request on facebook and it was 'The man of my dreams'. After not seeing or hearing from him for 7 years I got the worst butterflies ever I probably almost barfed on the key board, just the night before I had fantasized he would come rescue me. Well long story short I ditched the zero and got with the hero.lol.

After 3 months I left my life behind and moved to be with him another 3 months later we were married, and 8 months after that we had a son I feel the same way about him now that I did when I was 12. We are totally insane for each other still and we will me married 2 years in 2 weeks.

As for the praying part, I have never prayed for anything else i'm not a religous person by anymeans. Just to keep my word though just incase someone did hear me I did everything I promised. I went back to school quit smokeing and stopped partying.

oct 2000

aug 2008

Awe, thanks for telling us your story Jess, my eyes are literally glossing over. I'm so happy for you both xx
Lurker
0 likes
I agree this is a thought provoking subject Lady X.

I have known someone for the last three years we both live about 3hrs away from each other. This wasn't a problem when we first met on-line because we wern't both looking for anything, he was just coming out of a long relationship and I was discovering being single and a few other turbulant things in my life, so there was no way I was gonna get sucked into all that lovey dovey stuff I was happy.

The only problem was the more we started to talk on the net the more we realised we had so much in common. We would finish each other's thought's or say the same thoughts, I had only known this sort of connection with close family etc.

4 months later we met up for 2days ( it went fast) and it was like I had always known him, we giggled and talked non-stop, and I just knew wow this is gonna be something, I just knew it. I loved the fact that we could talk constantly mostly laughing. He left to go back home, and I was so over-come with emotions, I was missing him so much already this was crazy I almost felt sick inside without him.

We went on holiday for two weeks after knowing each other for 7 months and I felt like I'd come home I felt like I fitted in with him and me, it was the best two weeks I have ever had. Lot's of laughing and lot's and I felt I could be me around him.

Life has got in the way with both of us and I haven't seen him for 1 and a half yrs. we have tried to stay away but we both can't.

My point is this, I know I'm in love with him, he is my best friend, the best kisser, I can be myself around him, and the thought of not having in my life well I just can't bear the thought of it. I hope and I know one day we will meet again someday it's just a matter of the right timing. I just cannot have him in my life he means so much to me.
Lurker
0 likes
How did I know it was Love? I met Robb at a party and when he came over to me you could feel the connection. But who want a girl like me, with my sexual history. But there was a connection. He called me a couple of days later and blew him off. Who would want a girl like me? He called again and I blew him off again. Who want want a girl like me?. Robb called again and told me he would not stop calling me until I agreed to go out with him and if I changed my phone number, he would still find me. Who would want a girl like me?

I agreed not to go to Dinner, not to go for Drinks, but just a mid day coffee at Starbucks, because I knew he would run the second he heard my sexual story. If he did not run then, the certainly would run when he heard that I had no intention of changing.

His response was so what's the big deal or something that sent the same message! He did not try to change me then or a month later or six months later the night before the wedding.

He did require one change, a child, I agreed to one, but we got two.

He accepted me as I was then and I have not changed in all these years.

Yes the room still lights up for me when he walks in. It still feels like a kick in the stomach when is away on a business trip and that is with my famale lover being with us.

When the right guy/gal walks in you will know, maybe not that night but the fireworks will go off at the right time.
Lurker
0 likes
How did I know I was in love with my partner...I have major trust issues...major ones...I push people away all the time...anyways with my current partner I got some terrible news one day and I called him up...he came over and held me and was there for me...He was the first person I thought of to share something so personal with...I knew then that I was in love with him...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When he still wanted to be with me after I kneed him in the testicles. I mean, I was pretty sure before that, but it sure made it clear.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by castlequeen
When he still wanted to be with me after I kneed him in the testicles. I mean, I was pretty sure before that, but it sure made it clear.

And thats why your the Queen of the Castle
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When every time you think of the guy your heart jolts and you smile. When you're next to him it seems as if the oxygen is sucked out of the air, but you don't care because you're with him. When those darn butterflies just start flapping away in your stomach. You know it when you can be the person only your heart and soul knows around him. You know you're in love with a guy when if he were to be in an accident and become paralyzed from the neck down, you wouldn't be shy to always be by his side. I don't know for other women, but that's how I feel ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Jess, that was a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing it!
Lurker
0 likes
When I first met Nick something in me clicked. We met at the hospital where I work. He came to visit a friend. It was breathtaking. We exchanged phone numbers, email, all the usual forms of communication. We could talk for hours. We found out we had the same birthdays. Our sibilings shared a birthday. I could think of nothing else when we are apart. I would give mylife for him without a second thought. Now that we are apart because of his job we use lush to stay connected. There are other sites we could use but we both made friends on this site. When I am with him even on lush I am happy and satisfied. I count down the days until I can go back with him to finish is contract and then return to the states. We may try for another child. If its god will. I write stories for him. He inspires me. This site has caused us some problems. However we are married so they get settled and we move on. He is the best lover in bed. My needs always come before his. He is the love of my life. I will spend the rest of this life striving to be the best wife I can. Baby if you read this.. I love you, we say that so much.. but you are my heart.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We both knew, after a year talking before we actually met it was a done deal. Love was instant and forever without question. Call it fate, call it the final piece of our jigsaw in our life leading to each other, whatever you call it, we still feel the same and so so much more now than we ever have as far back when for the the first time our eyes met over the carpark. Forever is forever. 4 Keeps is 4Keeps and the feeling of purpose and sight are clearer than anything we have ever felt... Think that is a, cant say anymore than that momment.

xxx
And somewhere, between when you said “I would never leave you”....And when you said “I can’t stay here anymore”....My heart got caught in the crossfire of all your words....
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CONTESSA
When I first met Nick something in me clicked. We met at the hospital where I work. He came to visit a friend. It was breathtaking. We exchanged phone numbers, email, all the usual forms of communication. We could talk for hours. We found out we had the same birthdays. Our sibilings shared a birthday. I could think of nothing else when we are apart. I would give mylife for him without a second thought. Now that we are apart because of his job we use lush to stay connected. There are other sites we could use but we both made friends on this site. When I am with him even on lush I am happy and satisfied. I count down the days until I can go back with him to finish is contract and then return to the states. We may try for another child. If its god will. I write stories for him. He inspires me. This site has caused us some problems. However we are married so they get settled and we move on. He is the best lover in bed. My needs always come before his. He is the love of my life. I will spend the rest of this life striving to be the best wife I can. Baby if you read this.. I love you, we say that so much.. but you are my heart.

I LOVE YOU MORE BABY.

When I first met my wife...it was i as if a spotlight was focused on her and as if she was walking in slow motion with all her hair flowing. I knew in that instant that she's the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I love her then, 10years ago and I am loving her more each day until eternity.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sam and i were became friends in our last year of high school, but we lost touch for two years afterwards until we bumped into each other in the union when i was on a birthday night out and he was out with his girlfriend...they split up a few months later and me and sam started seeing each other again.

his personality and mine match so well...he hides it a lot but he's actually very similar to me.he's totally mad and a big cheesy romantic at heart and i think i realised i loved him when i realised we were totally ourselves with each other and i honestly can tell him anything. he always knows exactly what to say to cheer e up or calm me down and i honestly could not function without him anymore, he makes me want to be a better person,somebody he can be proud of. smile he brings out the best in me
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Christie
Jess, that was a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing it!

Thanks Doll xx
Lurker
0 likes
I love really easily. I love my friends, my exes, my cousins, even select co-workers. To me, love is a feeling of caring about someone and their well being and by that definition, I pretty much love anyone who has made a positive appearance in my life. Being IN love, is a different boat, in my opinion. And I honestly can't pinpoint the moment when I stopped just lovingmy man and became IN love with him. But, if you were to ask me now how I know I'm in love with him, I would say its because I can't picture myself in 10, 20, or 30 years without him. The biggest signal for me is also being comfortable and being your complete self around them. My current boyfriend is the only guy I've been able to be 100% myself with. With my exes I was always trying to be something else in one way or another. When you are in love with someone, there's no need for that because they accept you for you and you accept them for them.