Help! Dry Skin Remedies?

last reply
16 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Forum Whore
0 likes
Hey ladies, I know this isn't a particularly sexual question, but I would like to ask here before I spend money on a dermatologist.

I have dry skin on my hands, and I was wondering what products you'd recommend using for it.

Thanks!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
go to walmart and buy you some "corn shuckers lotion" I know it sounds weird and looks like sperm but it is very good....lol....it is in an flask type bottle with a yellow label... and stop using really hot water and hand sanitizers they dry your hands out quickly...

Behind every strong soldier there is even a stronger woman who raised him " Proud Army Mom"
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
i use bath and body works lol
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Lurker
0 likes
theres stuff called like udder cream ... works good too..
Lurker
0 likes
Plain old vaseline at night, work it in well, and wear a pair of soft cotton gloves for a couple of nights, to help it work.

and stop using really hot water and hand sanitizers they dry your hands out quickly...

Also very good advice, wahs your hands in tepid water with a mild, liquid soap, rather than using those hand sanitizers. If you don't work with your hands, then use a hand lotion several times a day. The problem with hand lotions is if you need fine touch in your work, or are working with sensitive materials, the lotion leaves traces.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth
Plain old vaseline at night, work it in well, and wear a pair of soft cotton gloves for a couple of nights, to help it work.

and stop using really hot water and hand sanitizers they dry your hands out quickly...

Also very good advice, wahs your hands in tepid water with a mild, liquid soap, rather than using those hand sanitizers. If you don't work with your hands, then use a hand lotion several times a day. The problem with hand lotions is if you need fine touch in your work, or are working with sensitive materials, the lotion leaves traces.

I agre with this as well. I've also done the vaseline on my feet at night and wore an old pair of cotton socks to bed. Next morn, soft and sweet.
I also us Bath & Body works products.
Lurker
0 likes
I get really bad winter skin, especially when its windy, even on my face which would be the worst part. So, coming from that I am a great believer in coconut body lotion, it works wonders.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I use Victoria's Secret Body Butter. It works really good and smells even better!
Lurker
0 likes
Let us know what works for you.
I'm thinking of checking out Vicki's Secret butter. I want to smell it. How much was it Fystee?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Let us know what works for you.
I'm thinking of checking out Vicki's Secret butter. I want to smell it. How much was it Fystee?

The one I have now is called Love Spell and it was $10 for a 7oz. jar.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks. Can't wait to get to the mall. LOL
0 likes
Vitamin E oil.
Moisturize everyday, don't be lazy.
Carry parasol.
The ball of fire in the sky is the worst but then winter comes and it's bad too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would look for a lanolin based cream. They work well on tougher areas of skin. try not too get one with a fragrance. Remember to re apply each time you wash your hands and maybe get for night time unless you are making love, then I recommend natural body juices.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Vitamin E
Stay hydrated
Drink plenty of water
I use fresh aloe leaves
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm with Angi, water water & more water, scrub your skin in the shower with a loofer & also try having a sauna, it will open your pores.
Lurker
0 likes
I use an organic Aloe based cream from Hawaii