Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Heavy watery discharge before periods. Help.

last reply
6 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not a sexual question but today I have very heavy watery discharge and it has gotten so bad I had to change my panties as there is a huge wet patch.

I am not horny and my period is due tomorrow.

Has anyone had this? If so what did it turn out to be.

There is no smell so it can not be a yeast infection or VD.

Thanks
Lurker
0 likes
I know someone who has the same problem. Not only before period. Like, all the time, except during her period. No idea why. Anyone knows?
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Call your gynecologist today.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Once you start puberty a white and/or clear, non-foul smelling discharge (mucous) is normal. The vagina is self-cleaning. So even if you haven't had it before, it's normal. This same discharge increases the closer you get to ovulation and when you are sexually aroused.

Different Types of Discharge:

White: Thick, white discharge is common at the beginning and end of your cycle. Normal white discharge is not accompanied by itching. If itching is present, thick white discharge can indicate a yeast infection.

Clear and stretchy: This is "fertile" mucous and means you are ovulating.

Clear and watery: This occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising.

Yellow or Green: May indicate an infection, especially if thick or clumpy like cottage cheese or has a foul odor.

Brown: May happen right after periods, and is just "cleaning out" your vagina. Old blood looks brown.

Different types of infections:

Signs of yeast infections:
White, cottage cheese-like discharge
Swelling and pain around the vulva
Intense itching

Signs of bacterial vaginosis:
A white, gray or yellowish vaginal discharge
A fishy odor that is strongest after sex or after washing with soap
Itching or burning
Slight redness and swelling of the vagina or vulva

Signs of trichomoniasis
A watery, yellowish or greenish bubbly discharge
An unpleasant odor
Pain and itching when urinating
Most apparent after your period

Yep, this is perfectly normal. It like a pre-period thing. Discharge is there for when you have intercourse so it is easier to have sex and fertalise an egg (which if not fertalised the lining of the uterud breaks down and hence your period.) Its noting to worry about especially if your periods are changing alot. If you get too worried go and see the doctor.
Lurker
0 likes
Not having an odor does not exclude it from being and STD. There are many causes of vaginal discharge, infection is only one. I recommend making an appointment with your OB/GYN or Family Practitioner if it doesn't clear up in the next 3-5 days. It's likely nothing to worry about, but if you get other symptoms (bleeding, pain, itching, etc) or it continues to soak your panties, I would take it more seriously. No offense, but I certainly wouldn't take advice on vaginal discharge from an Emergency Medical Technician. In the meantime, you can read the following:

http://www.healthline.com/symptom/vaginal-discharge
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TrinityX
Call your gynecologist today.

Agreed..calls for immediate medical attention though watery mucous is usually seen during mid ovulation.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thank you guys for answering.

I went to my gyno and got scans and blood work done. I am clean but I have polycystic polyps. It explains alot.

Hugs to you all.