Girls: could you love a man forever?

last reply
13 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Do you think it's possible to love one and only one man during a lifetime with no sexual desires towards anyone else?
Lurker
0 likes
I think its possible to love only one person your own life, and not be with anyone else purely because your love and loyalty to them is so strong.

You may still have desires towards other people and just not act upon them
Lurker
0 likes
Loving someone and sexual desires are two different things.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm not sure, as I've loved tow different men during my life time... So already no... But I'd be quite happy to stay with one person forever, provided I did love them, and they me... And all other circumstances considered.

I agree with what's been said above about love and sexual desires being very different things however... Just because I love someone doens't mean I don't think other people are attractive, nor does it stop me viewing them sexually. The fact, however, that I love someone stops me taking part in those actions.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm thinking you mean this slightly different than you worded it, but yes, I have my man, and I'm going to love him forever. I might look, and possibly fantasize about others, but he has my heart and always will. No one else makes me feel like he does, which is why I married him!
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes

for me .. a definite YES!
I believe

I know people who are like Castlequeen - it is just the complete package. Therefore, I believe - yes, one day - I too will enjoy that relationship to last all of time.

I believe!!!

Van
x
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by castlequeen
I'm thinking you mean this slightly different than you worded it, but yes, I have my man, and I'm going to love him forever. I might look, and possibly fantasize about others, but he has my heart and always will. No one else makes me feel like he does, which is why I married him!

Agreed!
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I don't think so. I don't think I was meant to settle down with one person for the rest of my life however long it may be. Nature didn't build us this way and I will just cause drama in the long term. Better to let a good man go and for him to let me go too.
Lurker
0 likes
I think it's possible to love one man forever, but a woman would still feel sexy to other men. If your in a loving relationships those minor feelings for other men sexually you would dismiss them. If you love your man so much, risking having sex with other men just wouldn't tempt you because the thought of losing what you have with your partner wouldn't be worth the risk.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

BINGO Chef nailed it! Sweet when you manage to find both at the same time though.
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Absolutely! Very rare to be sure, but I am a romantic at heart...
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

Exactamundo.

I can be dedicated to one person for a lifetime, but I can't stop myself from being attracted to people on a purely physical level. I won't have any desire to cheat on the person I'm committed to, but that doesn't stop my primal needs from sprouting up via fantasy.
Lurker
0 likes
I have completely loved one man and only one man in my life and that will never change our love is as strong as it was 20+years ago. Now if you are asking about the love that one may feel for a man or a woman, to fulfill your sexual needs, lust and desires. Those last as long as they need to last, a week, a month or for years as some have done. But only one love may last forever
Lurker
0 likes
For me love is not just an emotion: it is a decision too. So do you choose to love a certain person for the rest of your life and exert every effort to uphold your decision?
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, I do and I will.