False stop: What is going on?

last reply
15 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was going through an airport the other day. A middle aged man was several steps ahead of me. Ahead of him was a 20 something. As we got to the escalator for baggage claim, the young
woman stepped aside and let the middle aged man go ahead. I thought she was lost, but in a selfish hurry I went onto the escalator and she followed behind.

A few weeks later, I'm at the post office. Again, a middle aged man is several step behind a younger woman. She not only holds the door open for him (he is in fifties, not his eighties!) but holds
the door open for me as well, even though I am clearly "last" . I have to mail a certified letter, it takes a while as I haven't done so in several years. I feel guilty going ahead of the young woman.

What is going on?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Manners and courtesy . The days of just holding the door open for a woman are perhaps in the past. Now the door is held open for the person regardless of gender . I do it all the time .
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It certainly could be just common courtesy, or it could be one or both of the women felt "eyes on their ass" and just took those steps to remove them.
0 likes
What's so shocking about women being kind and courteous? You'd have a heart attack if you came to the UK. We are drowning in politeness. I hold doors for everyone!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It seems she is being kind and courteous. What could possibly be wrong with that.

If he is a good looking man in his fifties, I have no issue with him enjoying the swing in my backyard.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I always close the door in peoples faces when I can, I also like pushing over old people and kids.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
Saucy Little Minx ♥️
0 likes
Quote by PrincessC

I always close the door in peoples faces when I can, I also like pushing over old people and kids.

Still laughing too funny ~
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Might be common courtesy. Might be women's heightened inclination to keep guys where we can see them. In my case, it's both.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Hasabrain2
I was going through an airport the other day. A middle aged man was several steps ahead of me. Ahead of him was a 20 something. As we got to the escalator for baggage claim, the young
woman stepped aside and let the middle aged man go ahead. I thought she was lost, but in a selfish hurry I went onto the escalator and she followed behind.

A few weeks later, I'm at the post office. Again, a middle aged man is several step behind a younger woman. She not only holds the door open for him (he is in fifties, not his eighties!) but holds
the door open for me as well, even though I am clearly "last" . I have to mail a certified letter, it takes a while as I haven't done so in several years. I feel guilty going ahead of the young woman.

What is going on?

Stop taking my shtick of asking really tone deaf questions
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
After my knee injury last year I've had a number of women hold doors for me. The limp seems to still cue this after the brace and crutches were discarded. I'd like to reward them with dinner and great sex, but alas that aint happening.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by GMOFLEISURE
After my knee injury last year I've had a number of women hold doors for me. The limp seems to still cue this after the brace and crutches were discarded. I'd like to reward them with dinner and great sex, but alas that aint happening.

Yes holding the door open for someone with a knee brace , or holding a package, or child, is a basic courtesy. The other day I was at the cleaners and held open the door for a young woman with a child in her arms. However, she clearly was reluctant to receive help. What is this world coming to?
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
In the south men always hold the door for you
0 likes
Quote by GMOFLEISURE

It's the thought that counts!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Hasabrain2

What is going on?

Most likely she's just being polite in today's modern exchange type of way.

But it also might be that she's like me and sick of men hanging behind her to stare at her ass - etc. I'd rather be behind guys so I can relax than in front of them. I know everyone's noticing I'm a female because when I'm around the lewd ones they always comment on something about me rather rudely.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Hasabrain2

Yes holding the door open for someone with a knee brace , or holding a package, or child, is a basic courtesy. The other day I was at the cleaners and held open the door for a young woman with a child in her arms. However, she clearly was reluctant to receive help. What is this world coming to?

Some women don't think this should be done any more. They tend to be in the minority however and its normal common courtesy to hold the door for anyone behind you regardless the gender of the person .