Deleted account

last reply
14 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Have any of you deleted your lush account then months later joined again?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It wasn't months, but days. I deleted an account because of a creeper. I joined back up and am staying blissfully anonymous!
"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
This practice is strongly frowned upon by the site. Members who wish to erase their history can contact the site about changing their member name. Others who wish to not be seen for a period of time can have their accounts suspended for a time.

If you have a number of stories already verified, this is even more a factor due to the fact that when you do return, all your stories will have to be re-verified, a long and difficult process that may never be done at all.

Before you resort to deletion one should contact the site to be sure some other solution can be worked out.
Lurker
0 likes
I have zero respect for such a thing.
I can maybe understand if first time around 'you' were not honest about who 'you' are, then you realized that Lush is great community and you want to sort things out and become respectful member, but to delete your account 2, 3 or more times..please, find somewhere else to play, Lush obviously doesn't suit you. People who delete their accounts irritates me, specially if they are doing the same thing over and over again, specially if they are hanging out with the same crowd, posting in the same threads as before, having the same conversations..and it's obvious to most that that is the same person with new account..pathetic. Grow up and live with consequences of your choices and don't delete your account, but be responsible the first time around.

p.s. I was generalizing this, it is not directed to OP.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by She
I have zero respect for such a thing.
I can maybe understand if first time around 'you' were not honest about who 'you' are, then you realized that Lush is great community and you want to sort things out and become respectful member, but to delete your account 2, 3 or more times..please, find somewhere else to play, Lush obviously doesn't suit you. People who delete their accounts irritates me, specially if they are doing the same thing over and over again, specially if they are hanging out with the same crowd, posting in the same threads as before, having the same conversations..and it's obvious to most that that is the same person with new account..pathetic. Grow up and live with consequences of your choices and don't delete your account, but be responsible the first time around.

p.s. I was generalizing this, it is not directed to OP.

I respect this and have only done it the once. It was more of hassle than anything and I don't recommend it to anyone. I am much more selective of who I friend because of it. And I did try to avoid the same forums I previously posted under. I haven't published any stories yet so that wasn't a problem for me.
"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner
CurlyFries
0 likes
Yes, I've been gone for about 5 or 6 months. However, I left because my real life was imploding and nothing at all to do with Lush except my lack of self control. I needed to focus on things in my real life and used Lush as a goal/reward when certain things were accomplished, then I thought I could sign back on.

I'm not a serial account deleter, and my user name has remained the same. I'm not hiding who I am/was; I just needed to do what was right for me at that time.
Lurker
0 likes
i deleted my account once because my real life got crazy but when things settled back down i opened a new account.I like this site and i wont delete my account again.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by anonymouslylush

I respect this and have only done it the once. It was more of hassle than anything and I don't recommend it to anyone. I am much more selective of who I friend because of it. And I did try to avoid the same forums I previously posted under. I haven't published any stories yet so that wasn't a problem for me.

Doesn't sound that you took my words personally, that makes me happy.

I have really close friend here who did the same thing as you did, I was away for months (outside life happened), but my 1. post was not about us. It was about people who cannot live without other people's approval (and when they don't get attention, whining part begins followed by deleted account), people who are trying to be perfect but never are, who are quitters and runners away from problems and deleting is easy way out. At least they think so, and they are doing it over and over again thinking 'next time!!'.. Quite pathetic to watch..
Weaver of Words
0 likes
If I ever felt the need to be away from lush for awhile, I would either just not log on, or just deactivate my account (a very nice recent addition to the site). And the people I would most want to maintain contact with, I can reach by other means anyway. But no. I have never deleted my account and doubt that if I ever did, I would return.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by FelineFantasy
I deactivated my account for a week or so because someone Google stalked me and found out my DJ stage name. Freaky!

I would strongly suggest to anyone who is concerned about their anonymity, privacy and personal security that they reveal as little as possible about themselves here and on any website.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I deleted my account before because I fell asleep and left my computer on. My BF found the page and my story and well he sorta went ballistic for a bit. We had a huge fight and stuff and...well....I left for a bit because he made me. Now I keep my Lushing low profile and I'm more careful about my computer. I love my mom, but I still sorta want to keep this part of my life private from her.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by CurlyGirly

I'm not a serial account deleter, and my user name has remained the same. I'm not hiding who I am/was; I just needed to do what was right for me at that time.

Welcome back, by the way. smile Glad you got things worked out to your satisfaction. I will say, it takes away needless confusion for all when returning members choose to use their original username. Plus, it's always a bummer when people who were previously your friends come back under new names and choose not to let you know.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by FelineFantasy
I deactivated my account for a week or so because someone Google stalked me and found out my DJ stage name. Freaky!

That wouldn't really be an issue if you didn't self-identify as a DJ or post pics that are presumably trackable through tineye or google images. Just saying. Never assume that people won't take any free info and use it to find as much about others as possible.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Piquet

I would strongly suggest to anyone who is concerned about their anonymity, privacy and personal security that they reveal as little as possible about themselves here and on any website.

Or you can take additional steps to protect yourself from snooping surveillance you aren't even thinking about.

Something like this might even help you to protect yourself...from yourself sometimes
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.