compliments?

last reply
16 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I'm aware that women like to be complimented and told good things about themselves but does a guy become more appealing to you if he compliments you or is he just shooting himself in the foot?
Also, what compliments are best?(obviously not false ones or those that are borderline insulting)
Lurker
0 likes
you have it then littlestud. genuine compliments are best, and be sure not to over do it smile
Lurker
0 likes
Complements always help, they are a great ice breaker. just make sure you mean what you say and don't get too raunchy. I'd prefer to hear "You are Beautiful" over "You make me think dirty thoughts" from someone I've just met.
Lurker
0 likes
Lumiere: Impress her with your rapier wit.
Mrs. Potts: But be gentle.
Lumiere: Shower her with compliments.
Mrs. Potts: But be sincere.
Lumiere: And above all...
Mrs. Potts, Lumiere: You must control your temper!
Lurker
0 likes
What us girls are used to:

Beast: I want to do something for her... but what?
Cogsworth: Well, there's the usual things: flowers... chocolates... promises you don't intend to keep...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you're going to compliment a lady, make sure you're sincere about it.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
Verbal compliments make me uncomfortable, the biggest compliment to me is watching my bf's face when I undress, he smiles when I start to undress, as he begins to become aroused his smile fades, his lips part, his eyes begin to shine, he will suck in a sharp breath and utter a soft moan, he looks very hungry, it is then that he will stop me, he likes to finish undressing me or sometimes leaves me partially undressed. That is a compliment that makes me feel half my age.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Slow_Curves_Ahead
Verbal compliments make me uncomfortable, the biggest compliment to me is watching my bf's face when I undress, he smiles when I start to undress, as he begins to become aroused his smile fades, his lips part, his eyes begin to shine, he will suck in a sharp breath and utter a soft moan, he looks very hungry, it is then that he will stop me, he likes to finish undressing me or sometimes leaves me partially undressed. That is a compliment that makes me feel half my age.

As amazing as that sounds, thats not gonna help me get a girl that I meet in a bar or something. Sounds like something you do when youre actually past the first few hurdles although it does sound fantastic
Lurker
0 likes
I think everyone has said it above... It has to be genuine comment from something like, 'that top really suits you' to 'I love your taste in music'

Don't overdo it either. People often find it difficult to accept compliments, so gauge her reaction when you do. Compliment after compliment can make a girl uncomfortable as well...
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by studintraining

As amazing as that sounds, thats not gonna help me get a girl that I meet in a bar or something. Sounds like something you do when youre actually past the first few hurdles although it does sound fantastic

Have you ever thought that perhaps you should make a lifestyle change and play for the other team? Jus' say'n
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by studintraining

Have you ever thought that perhaps you should make a lifestyle change and play for the other team? Jus' say'n

Awww, thats sweet but youre not my type mate.lol
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by studintraining
Quote by Slow_Curves_Ahead

If you are meeting someone for the first time, I wouldn't be focused on coming up with a compliment, be yourself, get to know her, if you think she has pretty eyes then tell her or if you think she is funny tell her, I think most women can tell an insincere or canned compliment right off the bat.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
telll her shes BEAUTIFUL and MEAN it
Everything happens for a reason. Live for the moment and have no regrets.
Lurker
0 likes
I'll tell you about an experience several months ago that made an impression...
I was at a bar with my girlfriends, guys were hitting on us, buying us drinks and what not. I'd decided to go out onto the lower patio and left my group seated on the upper level. Before I got to the door to the patio an older man came up to me, I'd seen him over the last few hours walking around the bar, not really interacting, more observing. He asked if he could speak with me a moment. I said of course. He then told me that he'd been looking around the bar to find the most beautiful woman there and let her know that she was truly beautiful. He told me after much observation that he'd decided that I was that truly beautiful woman and that he felt the need to tell me. I thanked him for being so kind. He then wished me a wonderful evening and walked away. I will admit, it made me look for him the rest of the night. He wasn't my type but he was kind. He was never sleezy, his words were delivered in a sincere way. He never offered me a drink or sent me any. Didn't ask me to dance. No request other than to speak to me long enough to complement me. That man got my attention. Every time I go to that bar I look for him. I haven't seen him since.
That same night, 2 guys were sending me round after round anonymously (after round 3 I pushed the waitress to tell me) they never approached me. An error on their part. I would have liked to thank them for the 5 rounds in total they sent me. Especially since each round was sent with a little note giving me a complement. They did everything right except the follow through. The complements were well delivered too. The first one referenced my necklace saying I had good taste. The second was about how effortless and intoxicating my smile was. See the progression here? With each round I'd send a note back thanking them for the drink and asking them to please come and say hello.
On another occasion out at a club, a guy caught my eye early on. He was very much my type. We made eye contact a lot of the night. At one point I saw a really odd girl speaking with him. I kept glancing his way to see if he was into her. After about 20 minutes of him nodding his head and being polite he gave me the come save him look. I gladly did. I walked up to him and asked him if he would mind giving me a hand with something. I drug him away to another room and told him about 5 minutes of staying out of sight should be enough. She would latch herself onto someone else by then. he spent the rest of the night talking to me. Playing the rescuer works really well. I have been on all sides of that table.

Also a note... when buying a girl a drink, always either have a server bring it to them straight from the bar or if you are approaching them ask them if they'd like to come to the bar and order anything they like on you. Let them know a water or soda is fine too if they aren't drinking. Make sure they know you respect their need to feel safe. Buy their DD a soda or water.

Hope that helps.
Lurker
0 likes
My pet peeve is guys giving out too many compliments, or insincere ones. I hate, hate, hate men that'll say 'you're lovely' after spending a minute or two talking to me - how the hell would they know if I'm lovely or not?

Compliments are compliments however you look at them, the most important thing is to remember that they need to be sincere and spread out to avoid looking like you're trying the flattery approach to getting into their pants.
Lurker
0 likes
Call me an old fashioned romantic but, I still appreciate the unspoken compliment the most, the first date with my bf was interesting, he does like to compliment, but I really hate being verballing complimented, especially when you know they have said it a 100 times.

I really am not graceful, we were in a pub, I was trying to walk from the bar to our table with two full glasses of ale and not spill them, I wanted to pay for our first date, I got a few steps away and tripped, spilt beer down that back of a very large scotsman, he jumped up, a very big man he was, I think he was looking for a fight, I smiled up at him, handed him the one I didn't spill and asked him if he wanted the rest of the other one on the table or down the front of him. He laughed and laughed, which sent me into a fit of giggles, he asked me to join him and his friends, I pointed to my date and explained that I really liked him and was really hoping to just be able to get something cold and wet to the table for him to drink. He sent me off to the table, where I briefly explained what had happened, my date had that worried look on his face, when the very nice Scotsman came to the table with two cold ales and explained to the the now bf that whatever we wanted for the rest of evening was on him.

The bf asked what I said to him and I told him, he looked at me in a way that I remember to this day, smiled a huge smile, and kissed me, that was the best compliment that I was ever paid, after that I never wanted to be away from him.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Go ahead lie to me lol but at least make it believable
You look incredible. Your hair really looks nice like that. I love that dress on you. Looking good, as always. You look very slim today. You have the cutest nose. Your posture is perfect. Do you work out? You have beautiful eyes. I really admire your dressing sense. That shirt brings out your eyes. I really enjoy spending time with you; you are fun to be with. You are an amazing cook, where did you learn all these recipes? You smell wonderful, what perfume are you wearing? Thank you for being who you are. Darling, you are my favorite in the world. I couldn’t have asked for a better woman. I love you more than the day I married you. A simple ‘I love you’ would also just be perfect.
spank me hard please