Christmas Gift Perfume

last reply
16 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
For my wife, She says, "no more thongs, nighties etc" but I have been around women that smell awesome, I should but never have asked what kind of perfume they were wearing. Can you ladies give me some suggestions? I know didly about perfume. I know Channell # 5 is rather well heard of, but is there a better one? I'll be getting this tomorrow morning and I hope to be able to get it at Koals.
Thanks Gals
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
wow thats a hard one, perfume is very personal and can smell differently on different people.
I like Jo Malone which is the brand and they offer a range of different smells .. Good Luck
Lurker
0 likes
So can you see what perfume your wife wears already? Is this for your wife or other friends? If you don't know what they like, they might not like what you pick.

Ask the salesperson for help and give them the receipt if they want to exchange it? (a separate receipt for each person)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have purchased this for my wife and we love it.

alluringstar.com

You have to order it online though. only about $45-50
Lurker
0 likes
I always get complimented when I wear my favorite perfume! It's called Forever Red, and it's from Bath and Body(meaning not crazy expensive).. It has a sweet smell, but it's very womanly, not teenybopper perfume...

0 likes
ROMANTIC OVER THE YEARS--An oldie but goodie "Heaven Scent"--a small bottle because was the first perfume that I ever bought her

Plus any other perfume that she wanted...Lots of jewelry
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
I dislike all perfumes, they give me hay fever like symptons.
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Lurker
0 likes
Different perfumes will have a slightly different result on different women. Some of my favorites are -
Daisy by Marc Jacobs
Amazing Grace by Philosophy
Heavenly by Victoria Secret

All very feminine
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Not really perfume but love the vanilla lotion and body spray the wife uses. Same as said above, some perfumes give us both headachs
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Thanks for all the suggestions. My wife does'nt really wear perfume either, I don't think, but I've smelled it on other women and I thought it smelled kinda nice.
So , like alot of men I guess, I did'nt know what to get and did'nt realize there seems to be thousands of different perfumes, I got her 3 different variety packs and kept the receipts.
The Vanilla body lotion sound nice though, I may go back and see if I can find some of that.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Women and men have different tastes how they want to smell, some musky some clean, some flowery... and all perfumes react to different body chemistries. For me Donna Karan’s Cashmere Mist
Head Nurse
0 likes
Many women are allergic to assorted scents. As one such sufferer, I tend to dislike perfume gifts because they put an assumption that I will wear the gift when many times it simply makes me very ill.
Lurker
0 likes
one of my favorites is rapture by Victoria Secret.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Dirty_D
Many women are allergic to assorted scents. As one such sufferer, I tend to dislike perfume gifts because they put an assumption that I will wear the gift when many times it simply makes me very ill.

Well, it's my wife of 31 years so she won't be bashful and will take it back to the store and get something she likes. She'll probably say something like " Are you trying to say I stink with all this perfume?"
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by MichaelMax
Well, it's my wife of 31 years so she won't be bashful and will take it back to the store and get something she likes. She'll probably say something like " Are you trying to say I stink with all this perfume?"

Chanel #5 is a very strong scent, if you're going to get something from the Chanel range I would suggest Coco Mademoiselle which is probably the most well-loved and easy to wear fragrance in their range. Allure and Chance are also beautiful scents (I own all three).

If you're after a vanilla/musky scent that is more elegant than the standard, try Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens. It's my signature scent.
Sophisticate
0 likes
There are gift sets available of trial sizes several scents and a gift coupon for a full size of the one that you like best. That may be a good solution. Remember too that perfume changes with each person's body chemistry.

I like Lauren, Romance, and Flowerbomb. I occasionally wear Chloe and Allure.

If you don't find the tester set I suggested, I would opt for a light, fresh scent as she is not used to wearing perfume.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When pure, unadulterated, bribery and corruption is required; I resort to Lubin's Nuit de Longchamps.
Perfection for the more mature ladies.
Lubin only use natural ingredients and it's well worth the expense.
Oh, and Christmas as well, why not !
ps. If you really have to dig yourself out of a hole, also add a dozen long stem roses.