Chat rooms :)

last reply
19 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So those folks that know me know i enjoy the chat rooms at various times of the day and enjoy chatting with all variety of folks. Recently though someone asked me how i have the nerve to just chat with random people and it actually baffled me a little. So i figured id pose a question to the lovely ladies of lush. If you go into the chat rooms or chat with other folks around the lushy world in other ways what are some things you look for and what are some things that may turn you away? Any other things you like or dislike about the chat rooms throw them in here too whatever floats your boat smile. Thanks and look forward to seeing you around the lushy world. Your friendly neighborhood giant.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
When I first ventured into the chatrooms here, I was inundated and overwhelmed. I couldn't keep up with all the whispers and multiple convos. I gave up and didn't go back. I black-box chat with a lot of people here, though. Mostly about everyday stuff, shared interests, etc. I only chat with people who can keep up their end of an intelligent conversation. I limit myself to about 3 BB convos simultaneously though. More than that and I get bogged down.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
When I first ventured into the chatrooms here, I was inundated and overwhelmed. I couldn't keep up with all the whispers and multiple convos. I gave up and didn't go back. I black-box chat with a lot of people here, though. Mostly about everyday stuff, shared interests, etc. I only chat with people who can keep up their end of an intelligent conversation. I limit myself to about 3 BB convos simultaneously though. More than that and I get bogged down.

Understandable some people dont have any idea what proper etiquette is even when plainly written in profile bios
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i used to frequent the rooms; now i pretty much pop in in spells. i really enjoy people who know who to carry on a conversation. this usually involves taking a peek at their profile so you can engage them on specifics. it gives you a guaranteed icebreaker and shows the person you're chatting with you made an effort.

what i dislike is when i'm holding a conversation with someone in the room and someone else tries to steal my attention - then gets mad when i won't give it to them. that irks my damn nerve. if you want to chat with someone and you see they're busy, a nice pm stating that is always welcome. it shows you have manners and i'll always reply.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by honeydipped
i used to frequent the rooms; now i pretty much pop in in spells. i really enjoy people who know who to carry on a conversation. this usually involves taking a peek at their profile so you can engage them on specifics. it gives you a guaranteed icebreaker and shows the person you're chatting with you made an effort.

what i dislike is when i'm holding a conversation with someone in the room and someone else tries to steal my attention - then gets mad when i can't give it to them. that irks my damn nerve. if you want to chat with someone and you see they're busy, a nice pm stating that is always welcome. it shows you have manners and i'll always reply.

hmm thats acutally something ive never thought about thank you for the insight.
0 likes
I will chat w/ any human that makes contact. Whether we have things in common or not. At times I'll go full "interview" on them as I don't check profiles.
Some are open to chat and others prefer to just enjoy others actively chatting or what's being posted in pic rooms.

What will turn me away is if a user goes full "lifetime story" mode. That tells me that they've retold same nonsense and I can't be bothered.
Convict
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

I will chat w/ any human that makes contact. Whether we have things in common or not. At times I'll go full "interview" on them as I don't check profiles.
Some are open to chat and others prefer to just enjoy others actively chatting or what's being posted in pic rooms.

What will turn me away is if a user goes full "lifetime story" mode. That tells me that they've retold same nonsense and I can't be bothered.

Wouldn’t it be easier to spend 15 seconds to read the profile? I’m not sure what “lifetime story” mode is, but do you think they might be trying to have a conversation with you, seeing as it’s a chat room?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Him: hi there

Me: hi

Him: do you want to swallow my cock like the naughty little slut you are?

^ every conversation I ever had in the rooms which is why I can’t go into them without weeping for humanity.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Wouldn’t it be easier to spend 15 seconds to read the profile? I’m not sure what “lifetime story” mode is, but do you think they might be trying to have a conversation with you, seeing as it’s a chat room?

No, I won't check profile. I'd rather get to know them by asking questions. That's why chatrooms exist. I did state I'll chat w/ any and all lush users.

When I said "lifetime story", I meant that users open up to any human w/out thinking. They have a script. I can tell that it's a copy and paste conversation. They just type...type...type...like I never gave cyber consent to know about your silly life 20+yrs ago. How many times can a human repeat itself?

Then they get upset because I laugh at them openly.

They chose to tell me and I choose to laugh.

Does that make sense?

Thankyou for quoting me and not screaming into the void.

And you need to not delete post no matter how childish they may be.
It's fun to laugh.
Convict
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

No, I won't check profile. I'd rather get to know them by asking questions. That's why chatrooms exist. I did state I'll chat w/ any and all lush users.

When I said "lifetime story", I meant that users open up to any human w/out thinking. They have a script. I can tell that it's a copy and paste conversation. They just type...type...type...like I never gave cyber consent to know about your silly life 20+yrs ago. How many times can a human repeat itself?

Then they get upset because I laugh at them openly.

They chose to tell me and I choose to laugh.

Does that make sense?

Thankyou for quoting me and not screaming into the void.

And you need to not delete post no matter how childish they may be.
It's fun to laugh.

0 likes
Quote by trinket

It’s fun to laugh.

True.
Lurker
0 likes
I like to go into the pic rooms and post tasteful erotic pics (i.e. non nudes, and no action) which seems to please many of the audience. I am happy to chat with anyone who likes the pics, even the men who whisper and have clearly not read my profile. I find that if I point it out to them, they are happy not to push things with a confirmed gay woman. It is fun, and nice that so many like the pics.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I find them overwhelming but like chatting in private.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
When I first ventured into the chatrooms here, I was inundated and overwhelmed. I couldn't keep up with all the whispers and multiple convos. I gave up and didn't go back.

Me too, exactly. And I went in one like a week ago out of curiosity and had the exact same reaction.
Ungovernable
0 likes
Really don't like them and hardly ever visit anymore, for the reasons Beffer mentioned. Nevertheless, mostly out of academic curiosity, I went through the process of earning a CRL badge last year. Met some cool people and even hosted a few non-explicit rooms similar to which Pixie alluded. There don't seem to be nearly as many of those rooms lately. Don't know if traffic is being drawn off by the Tube feature or what. I'm in some whacko minority that prefers still photos to video clips, I guess.

I don't have the attention span or the desire to carry on multiple convos simultaneously, or to wait around while others do.

Recently, a male friend confirmed an admittedly double-standard notion about women and chat rooms, which hasn't exactly added to the incentive to return. No, please don't ask for a specific; just venting.
0 likes
All in all, chatrooms are a great place to hold multiple chats w/ members and get to know a few at once and see if you want to add as friends to continue chat pvtly.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by PrincessC
Him: hi there

Me: hi

Him: do you want to swallow my cock like the naughty little slut you are?

^ every conversation I ever had in the rooms which is why I can’t go into them without weeping for humanity.

hahaha!!!!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
If i'm in the mood for a chat on here and no friends are on, I will pop into a chat room for a few minutes to meet someone, but don't stay long. I get bombarded with private messages and it's all too much. I prefer to just have one conversation at a time.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
If i'm in the mood for a chat on here and no friends are on, I will pop into a chat room for a few minutes to meet someone, but don't stay long. I get bombarded with private messages and it's all too much. I prefer to just have one conversation at a time.