Back Pain From Wearing a Bra..

last reply
18 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Internet Sensation
0 likes
I've never been a fan of wearing bras. In fact I've never really needed to since my breasts are relatively small and cause me no trouble. But there are times when I really would like to wear a bra, when I feel insecure, if it's really hot outside, if the shirt I'm wearing isn't nipple friendly, if I want to show off a nice rack. I can't though, not without having to pay for it with back pains.

Each time I put on a bra I end up with a "touch me and I'll kill you" pain in my back. It used to come after a whole day in a bra but now it's enough with just a few minutes. The pain is located between my shoulder blades and beams down through my spine.

What's very weird with it is that I can wear a corset and lace it really tight without getting any problem at all, but when putting on a bra, that doesn't put nearly as much pressure on me, my back feels like it's going to break.

Has anyone else experienced something like this or is it just me?

Cheers
Cat
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I hate bras too even if I do have boobs which need support. However I too have worn corsets and my back doesn't hurt because a corset can support the back. IYKWIM?
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Ah, of course. I suppose I'll just have to wear corsets always.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wear sexy only went I go out. Now it nursing bras and sport bras. I love wearing corsets with all frills and lacey the better
Wine Connoisseur
0 likes
I have been relatively lucky regarding back pain. If I go anywhere formally, play golf or tennis, I will wear a bra. Generally in summer I do not wear a bra, just a tank-top. Only time I dis have any pain from my back was in my second pregnancy with my daughter. The extra weight in front plus swelling breasts caused some discomfort. I think by keeping fit and not being overweight helps a lot. You do not have to diet, just eat sensibly.
Lurker
0 likes
Without trying to sound condescending are you wearing the right size? I'd go and get measured if i were you just to make sure
Lurker
0 likes
even if i hate wearing bras , i wear them in order to keep my boobs in the shape! if u don't wear bras, the boobies turn saggy !
Lurker
0 likes
And yes, the back pain is caused because of the inappropriate size of your bras , some months ago I went through severe pain in my back , but later figured it out after measuring my boobs , that I was wearing the wrong size !!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by papaya
even if i hate wearing bras , i wear them in order to keep my boobs in the shape! if u don't wear bras, the boobies turn saggy !

I don't think they've ever proven this. It seems like it's just an urban myth. Certain people have more of a predisposition to sagging because of the 'firmness' of their breasts. Some women are just firmer than others, naturally speaking.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You are lucky if you find any bra that doesn't hurt you in the back, or side, or rib, or tit. I feel best with no bra but need one most of the time. Even a new good fitting bra wears out much to fast for my liking especially when you consider the expense. My bra drawer over floweth.

Especially in winter, to achieve support in all areas (front-back-shoulders), I wear two bras. A light under-wire covered with a light tighter stretch bra can lift, separate and helps my torso support my tits instead of my shoulders.

Here's my tip - Save all your bras. Depending on what you're wearing, different combinations will be needed. Good bathing tops can be added to the collection as well : )

Love that y'all commented on the corset. Hadn't thought on this as everyday attire and will fit myself and give it a try -thanks
: )
Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Site administrator
0 likes
I only were a bra on a Saturday night and when I go to a special party with some friends. My boobies are fairly small but I do get a little back ache but WTF its worth it for that one night.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Oh no.. I need to buy a new bra/torture device? *sighs*
I suppose that's what I'll do. There must be a sale some place to try it out.
(Yes I updated my measurements and checked my current bra's sizes not a single one of them were right.)
I'm pretty sure I've had the same problem with wearing the right size before, but I might be wrong.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
You can get bras with a deeper support to them. I only ever wear one style, Triumph Doreen. At 40J, I need proper scaffolding, and out of all the ones I have tried as I grew up through puberty and to date, that is the only one that actually supports and shapes me well, and feels comfortable. I have the normal one, not the one that hugs the ribs too ("longline", I believe it's called), but if the corset is helping, maybe that will too.

It probably isn't at all what you want, but desperate times, etc... fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=9fQ_T7iOLYPNhAe327nqBQ&biw=1015&bih=590&sei=_PQ_T-iMIMnN0QXo7NWPDw" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=triumph+doreen&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=9fQ_T7iOLYPNhAe327nqBQ&biw=1015&bih=590&sei=_PQ_T-iMIMnN0QXo7NWPDw

It may be worth going and getting a pro to listen and measure for you, if you have been doing it yourself. Every site and chart is different, but every woman is different too. Perhaps ask friends to recommend a shop or pro fitter if you haven't been before? They may be able to help you better, as you can explain the issues - they've heard it all! Good luck!
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MMonroe
Without trying to sound condescending are you wearing the right size? I'd go and get measured if i were you just to make sure

That was going to be my comment..

I have a DD chest and a particularly bad, fragile back from where I fractured it a few years ago and I've not had any issues with back pain caused by my bras.

There's two answers here... we don't know which one is correct (or if both are):

1) You could simply be wearing poorly fitting/not very supportive bras

2) You could have a back problem that is aggravated by bra wearing

If you feel it may be the latter then obviously the likes of a chiropractor would likely help...but failing that just trying to strengthen up your whole back using stretching and strengthening exercises, particularly over the pained area, would do you some good.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
no, i haven't experienced any trouble w/ bras
i remember when i was 12, and my mother told me i had to start wearing bras . i really hated them, but now i feel w/out wearing a bra, even though my breasts are relatively small (a)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Seriously your bras are not fitting properly. They should help with back pain not cause it. I suggest you go to the type of department or lingerie store that has professionals that can fit you properly and you should not experience this problem. Good Luck!
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I really think that you need to go get fitted and invest in a good bra, not a $10 one. This sounds like you're wearing the wrong size and type for you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
After seeing yet another Genie Ahhh and some other Bra infomericial perhaps you could invest in one of those. No straps at all smile I'm thinking of buying one this week.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Bunny12
Seriously your bras are not fitting properly. They should help with back pain not cause it. I suggest you go to the type of department or lingerie store that has professionals that can fit you properly and you should not experience this problem. Good Luck!

That is the first thing that i thought of. i read an article that said most women are not wearing the proper size. For the longest time I thought I was a full 36C but when I went for a measuremnt I found out I was actually 34D. No wonder my boobs always felt sore when I wore bras. Go to a lingerie store and ask to be measured.

Get measured and try different type bras until you find what is best for you. Also remember you get what you pay for too. If you are wearing the correct size, your back should not hurt.