Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

A night out on the town or an evening in?

last reply
24 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Recovering Introvert
0 likes
I'm curious to know which you would prefer from your partner.

A night out on the town starting with a cocktail somewhere and then off to dinner reservations at a nice restaurant.

OR

A night at home, with a cocktail and they cook your favorite meal for you.

Feel free to check out my newest attempts at writing with my series, A Teasing Journey.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
- Albert Einstein

0 likes
I don't have partner.

I prefer a night out w/ no alcohol and a nice meal while having a great conversation.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A night at home, with a sweet probably flavoured vodka based cocktail and cooked either something Japanese or a lasagna.

Might be that my local bars and restaurants aren't that great in my village and would have to travel off into the city to do the others and that is just too much hassle.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
We dine out entirely too often due to the time demands of our jobs, so I prefer a relaxing evening in.
Marx Sister
0 likes
This really depends on a variety of factors. One thing my partners and I do is that we have specific date nights. Usually once a week, but occasionally more or less often for various factors. That said, both are good and I don't believe I have a universal preference.
My Featured Stories
The Snowglobe Conspiracy – Solving a great mystery | There Is No Butterfly – Time Travel competition entry | Incurable Arousal – Most viewed | Toxic, But Not Sinister – Mutual loathing at its finest | You Were – An experience in the second person | Desiderium – A scattering of lovers
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
With my circle of friends, we enjoy both at different times. We would eat out about once a week or maybe even less. Always a restaurant never a fast food outlet.
We enjoy different cuisines and good food and service. A night out can be a very pleasant experience as a couple or a group.
We can also enjoy a tasty meal at home when we spend some enjoyable times together in the kitchen.
Cocktails are out - far too fattening. We enjoy a glass or two of a good Australian Red or a Rose with a seafood meal.
Basically, the answer is both.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
We dine out entirely too often due to the time demands of our jobs, so I prefer a relaxing evening in.

But doesn't that mean you are a kitchen slave ... having to cook and maybe clean after?? Wife cooks and I clean after ... we average going out about 2 - 3 times a month and that's a treat for both???
Lurker
0 likes
I like both. If I have been at home a lot (I don't work), then it is lovely to be taken out for dinner. On the other hand, sometimes I don't feel like dressing up to go out, and it is always a treat to have my husband cook and do the dishes while I sit and have a drink (or two). Either way, it usually puts me in the mood and I always reward well (unless I have had too much to drink then I fall asleep).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A night on the town. Haven't been clubbing in years and would love to go out dancing and being in a fun atmosphere.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Sirene_Jaune
A night on the town. Haven't been clubbing in years and would love to go out dancing and being in a fun atmosphere.

That's what we do. We enjoy dancing to Northern Soul and worked hard in regaining our fitness as it is a very energetic dance. The term Northern Soul may be alien to some overseas peeps but if you google Northern Soul you will see what it is all about.

Therefore when we do go out we tend to dine fairly light with salads and drink wise I tend to drink Vodkas instead of beers. Not fun dancing on a full stomach.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by lugnut1369

A night out on the town starting with a cocktail somewhere and then off to dinner reservations at a nice restaurant.

OR

Second one is more appealing. Nobody has ever cooked for me
0 likes
An evening in. A night in. A day in. A week in. In, in, in.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Now it would depend what restaurant we are talking about. It takes at least year for most of us to get a reservation at the French Laundry in Napa Valley. Yes I would like that and be impressed and love love love it.

But then if he is going to be doing the cooking and is a chef on the Bobby Flay level I would love that too.

Remember Guys you do not have to get most to us drunk to get Lucky.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I always want an evening in, it's just my nature, but when I do go out I always enjoy myself. You'd think I'd learn. Luckily, my SO likes to go out more than I, so I end up seeing more of the wider world than I would if I were by myself.
Recovering Introvert
0 likes
Quote by pink_pussy

Second one is more appealing. Nobody has ever cooked for me

That is an absolute shame. Everyone deserves to be pampered/catered to at home.

Feel free to check out my newest attempts at writing with my series, A Teasing Journey.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
- Albert Einstein

Recovering Introvert
0 likes
It truly seems to be about 50/50, but also depends on each individuals circumstances. I myself enjoy going out with friends, but most of the time that is because we tend to make plans last minute. However, if it was up to me, I would choose the evening in. I absolutely love to spend time in the kitchen at the cutting board on my knives as well as at the stove while someone watches and converses with me from the bar or table. I believe it builds longer lasting relationships, in a more relaxed setting that allows for all ranges of conversations that might not be "appropriate" for a public setting.

- Albert Einstein

Ungovernable
0 likes
Neither of us is the party type, so an evening in usually rules. Cheaper and much more fun!

When we do go out, it's spur of the moment and informal. He got playoff tickets from a relative once and we had a blast.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by lugnut1369

That is an absolute shame. Everyone deserves to be pampered/catered to at home.

Agree
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Another factor is perhaps the weather . If its baking hot like in certain parts of the UK ,our town centre will be busy with people having a night out this coming weekend .

If its bucketing it down with rain then the town centre will be relatively quiet.

We are probably more seasonal and go out more in summer and perhaps stay in more in winter.

As regards conversation its no holds barred for us . We even do our 6 monthly sex survey on each other in a pub.0A97wJzTmdmK6901 If people want to eaves drop then that is upto them . I have heard the expression " Why can't we do something like that ? " in the background normally from a disgruntled wife .
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yeah depends on the mood and everything. At night in is always fun. Good music, and fun conversation is always enjoyable. I'm a fan of some PDA, so a night out is fun too ?
Lurker
0 likes
Sunday- Thursday I prefer to stay in. Friday & Saturday we go out.
Lurker
0 likes
I always think a night out sounds wonderful, cause like to get all dressed up, that being said would be more comfortable having an evening in.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lugnut1369

OR

Both the options are very romantic
But second one gives us more privacy and thus more prefered
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Romantic nights in with my hubby are so perfect for us
With a lover I just love a few drinks somewhere with a funky buzzy vibe, dancing & flirting sets the mood
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If my partner likes showing off, and the place or places we go are okay with women showing off, then I would definitely opt for going out. However, that's just the appetizer which should lead to something more, probably at her place or mine.