A girl's best friend

last reply
22 replies
3.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Why do gals like jewelry, specifically diamonds, so much?
Lurker
0 likes
It's not necessarily the diamonds that that get me all gushy inside. It really is the love and thought behind the gift.
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
I agree....but I also think some women feel see diamonds as a high compliment. "Diamonds are valuable....he gave them to me....I must be valuable."
Me personally? I love sparkly gems but am just as happy with a CZ as a diamond.

Dirty Talk Competition story: His Voice

The Last Dance - Part 4 & Part 5

The Last Dance is a love story, but not your ordinary love story. I’d love for people to check it out. Thanks! 🥰

Newest series:

Jenna's First Time - Part 1 Of 2 & Jenna's First Time - Part 2 Of 2

New micro: Making Constellations.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ok, so B, you appreciate the love that went into getting you a diamond. Is there something else that would mean just as much do you that didn't require a down payment? What if I'm a poor boy with an excellent sexual education and an LD, who loves you a bunch? What do I get you then?

And Tech, why the sparkly things? whats up with that?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by techgoddess
No mystery there...sparkly things are pretty. I like to look pretty. But again...it could be a rhinestone for all I care...

Matriarch
0 likes
how on earth did you find that chef? lol.
Lurker
0 likes
OK, now I have that damn song stuck in my head.

Ok, so B, you appreciate the love that went into getting you a diamond. Is there something else that would mean just as much do you that didn't require a down payment? What if I'm a poor boy with an excellent sexual education and an LD, who loves you a bunch? What do I get you then?

And Tech, why the sparkly things? whats up with that?dontknow

I think both gals are trying to say it's the loving thoughts that are behind the gems, not the actual gems themselves, and if a loving person buys them a lower cost one, the gift is from the heart and not the wallet.

Insert violin music here.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by roccotool

Something like this perhaps?

Lurker
0 likes
Man, forget the music and enjoy that beautiful vid.
Matriarch
0 likes
Well you know how much I love Japan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lol, well thanks girls. I'm glad the love of shiny things is rooted in a love of whoever gave it too you, and not just because it's shiny.
Lurker
0 likes
I spent a lot of time in Kyoto and it is really more beautiful than that. I would love to live there.
Lurker
0 likes
lush, it was in our sunday paper. Of course I sent it off to hubs.LOL
Lurker
0 likes
Lush,

Regarding Nihon to Nihonteki na mono. Nani ga suki desu ka.

How deep does your interest in Japan go?

Curious one.
Lurker
0 likes
LMAO@ Rocco
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Chase
Lush,

Regarding Nihon to Nihonteki na mono. Nani ga suki desu ka.

How deep does your interest in Japan go?

Curious one.

I just noticed this, sorry Chuckie.

I've been over there several times on holiday, adore the food, architecture, countryside, temples, the politeness of the people. I've picked up a few phrases here and there, but couldn't hold a conversation. It's a difficult language to learn I find, and the course I bought is awful - the book doesn't even tie in with the cd - I ended up throwing it away and bought a phrase book instead!

How about you?
Lurker
0 likes
Actually, it is not that difficult, especially when compared to English, Chinese, Thai, or Finnish, which is the worst.....

Japanese always follows its rules, and its grammar is very similar to German. The sounds and such take a bit to get used to, but once that is conquered, it is a fun language. Not as expressive as English, and interestingly, they do not have concepts and therefore that we use every day.

No such thing as "privacy" in the Japanese language.

I learned while spending time there, so I do pk. Now, don't ask me to read or write it. THAT, my dear, takes a native Japanese a lifetime.
(To graduate from high school one learns 1850 characters, but to read a newspaper one must be able to read 3400 characters....or so I have been told.)

Ganbatte ne!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
OK, now I have that damn song stuck in my head.

And Tech, why the sparkly things? whats up with that?dontknow

I think both gals are trying to say it's the loving thoughts that are behind the gems, not the actual gems themselves, and if a loving person buys them a lower cost one, the gift is from the heart and not the wallet.

OH!

i play violin
Lurker
0 likes
because it makes us feel pretty, duh. and because it shows that you love us enough, rather than someone else, to buy them for us.