Login

The Omnium Badge (Keeping Track)

last reply
65 replies
2.9k views
3 watchers
66 likes

Quote by MC1982

As a writer working on omnium now, can I second the objection to watersports? I got around by making it a story within a story... The really was a fantasy. But watersports? Ewwww! I'm holding my nose and doing a very silly entry that I hope will be OK. I do find I only write hot stories in scenarios I find hot and you can usually tell when my heart isn't in it🙄

Watersports means you're excited or turned on by the thought, sight, taste or feel of urine. What about a story about a woman who enjoys secretly watching her man pee? Just something to consider. 😎

Dirty Talk Competition story: His Voice

New Mac & Grace story: Boardrooms & Boudoirs - Part Three -Chapters 9-12

The Last Dance - Part 4 & Part 5

The Last Dance is a love story, but not your ordinary love story. I’d love for people to check it out. Thanks! 🥰

New short story: Under The Doctor's Desk

New micro: Another Man’s Wife

Amusingly watersports was the first category I wrote on Lush, back before my comp years and I was invisible LOL to everyone except those who like that kind of thing. I think the hardest categories for me are gonna be Humor, Cos I don't think I'm that funny, but if I binge watch enough sitcoms and stand-up I might stumble upon something, and then the True category, mostly because of my actual experiences are not all that great, that's probably why I write so much, cos my fantasies are more satisfying than any awkward attempts at doing things with people for real. I may ask for a friend's consent to share one of their true real-life stories since I think you are able to write stories about other people as long as they are true, so they don't exactly have to happened to you.

Quote by LuceDevlin

Amusingly watersports was the first category I wrote on Lush, back before my comp years and I was invisible LOL to everyone except those who like that kind of thing. I think the hardest categories for me are gonna be Humor, Cos I don't think I'm that funny, but if I binge watch enough sitcoms and stand-up I might stumble upon something, and then the True category, mostly because of my actual experiences are not all that great, that's probably why I write so much, cos my fantasies are more satisfying than any awkward attempts at doing things with people for real. I may ask for a friend's consent to share one of their true real-life stories since I think you are able to write stories about other people as long as they are true, so they don't exactly have to happened to you.

I changed location, names and possibly with the passage of years and alcohol involved my true story was probably exaggerated for effect..

Humor is so subjective I wouldn't worry too much..

Good luck with it all x

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

For a book club with a difference... try this lesbian romp

Quote by MC1982

As a writer working on omnium now, can I second the objection to watersports? I got around by making it a story within a story... The really was a fantasy. But watersports? Ewwww! I'm holding my nose and doing a very silly entry that I hope will be OK. I do find I only write hot stories in scenarios I find hot and you can usually tell when my heart isn't in it🙄

I found Love Stories and Mind Control the hardest categories... the Omnium really pushes you. Thankfully you don't have to do

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

For a book club with a difference... try this lesbian romp

Quote by techgoddess

In my humble opinion, the Omnium Badge is meant to stretch one’s writing chops. That means that some categories are going to be out of a writer’s comfort zone. I struggled with several of the categories, but gave them my best shot. I found creative ways to address the genres that weren't my thing. Readers were kind and encouraging.

My best personal example is the Water Sports category. NOT my thing! But I did a lil research and found a way to write a story that met the criteria.

I guess my point is, if you want the badge badly enough, you give every category your best effort. And if that genre isn't your forte, that's okay. You try and then you go back to writing what you truly feel is your niche.

Poetry doesn't have to be sophisticated or long to be of interest to readers. My best advice is to read some poetry by other Lush authors for inspiration.

Just my thoughts on a Monday morning. 😘

This. If it were easy, everyone would have it. It forces you to go out of what you're comfortable with. I'm terrible at poetry and don't understand it the way others do. For me, it either calls to me or it does. Most of the poetry I've written has been more Free Verse than anything else. I take all my emotions and yell it onto paper (laptop).

Quote by deviantsusie
I found Love Stories ... the hardest categories...

I found Love Stories so hard too. I was challenged by a friend to write one and my Lord, it was not sappy. One of the rules was there couldn't be any mayhem or spooky things. Rude. There can be love in spooky stories. lol

I have a new story out! Wish You Were Here A teasing sub may I have pushed too far, but the punishment is oh so sweet.

If you haven't already, please check out my story with leftlingula. A husband and wife rediscovered each other and It all started with one simple word...
Nightshade Part 1 & Nightshade: Part 2

For those who may be interested. With an Excel spreadsheet in place logging my Omnium badge process I have now written stories in 21 genres including those two required pieces of poetry. Though I am not writing very much atm, I do have another 6 story genres in work in process and aim to be in the mid to high thirties by the end of the year.

A question to the admins as it has been mentioned on this thread a few times: Are we likely to see any visible improvements to LushStories V2.0 in 2024? 🙄😊

First chapter of a new novel: "The Three Of Us" - Chapter 1:- “Moving In”

A standalone monster sex story: "Shadows"