Login

Story Titles - How do YOU do it?

last reply
102 replies
6.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
Well ... I sort of wish I hadn't strayed here for a peek tonight. But, having seen all this chaos, I'll take a few seconds to clarify it for you although, to be honest, I'm absolutely fucking mystified.

I left because of nothing to do with any moderators or anything on the forum. It was due to a little 'spat' that I had with someone in a chat room on St Patrick's Day. It was that only (although real life has intruded too), and nothing to do with the forum at all. Having said that, I'll also say shame on you Liz, there's nothing funny about it. I've heard it said that gingers are snide little people and I suppose that's sort of true.

My reason for leaving was stated in 'Why are you leaving?' on the delete account page. As far as I was aware, that information was given in privacy. How it ever found its way onto the forum I don't know. Have you no standards at all? What anyone says to me in confidence stays with me, but perhaps that's a standard that doesn't even occur to the likes of you, whoever it was that leaked it. Fuck you for that. The comment I made in 'Why are you leaving?' was a parting shot in relation to the chat room people, who are the absolute dregs of the earth. If any idiot wants to jump on that comment and make it into a forum issue, then you need to grow up. I repeat: IT SHOULD NOT HAVE APPEARED ON THE FORUM TO BEGIN WITH. Not even by hearsay or through friends of friends. I can't even imagine this happening on any other site.

The posts I previously made in this thread seem to have turned to 'guest', and I see extra comments also called guest. Just so you know, my last comment was the one giving thanks for the help I got. I imagine someone else has posted their hapenny's worth and have likewise left, so their posts have become guest too.

As for the story, it was fun to try to write my own, but would rather leave it to the professionals. I'll restrict my Lush involvement to reading the stories from now on.

Tanya B

I will leave my account open until tomorrow, so that you know it's me and not 'guest'.
Her Royal Spriteness
Quote by Tanya_B
Well ... I sort of wish I hadn't strayed here for a peek tonight. But, having seen all this chaos, I'll take a few seconds to clarify it for you although, to be honest, I'm absolutely fucking mystified.

I left because of nothing to do with any moderators or anything on the forum. It was due to a little 'spat' that I had with someone in a chat room on St Patrick's Day. It was that only (although real life has intruded too), and nothing to do with the forum at all. Having said that, I'll also say shame on you Liz, there's nothing funny about it. I've heard it said that gingers are snide little people and I suppose that's sort of true.

My reason for leaving was stated in 'Why are you leaving?' on the delete account page. As far as I was aware, that information was given in privacy. How it ever found its way onto the forum I don't know. Have you no standards at all? What anyone says to me in confidence stays with me, but perhaps that's a standard that doesn't even occur to the likes of you, whoever it was that leaked it. Fuck you for that. The comment I made in 'Why are you leaving?' was a parting shot in relation to the chat room people, who are the absolute dregs of the earth. If any idiot wants to jump on that comment and make it into a forum issue, then you need to grow up. I repeat: IT SHOULD NOT HAVE APPEARED ON THE FORUM TO BEGIN WITH. Not even by hearsay or through friends of friends. I can't even imagine this happening on any other site.

The posts I previously made in this thread seem to have turned to 'guest', and I see extra comments also called guest. Just so you know, my last comment was the one giving thanks for the help I got. I imagine someone else has posted their hapenny's worth and have likewise left, so their posts have become guest too.

As for the story, it was fun to try to write my own, but would rather leave it to the professionals. I'll restrict my Lush involvement to reading the stories from now on.

Tanya B

I will leave my account open until tomorrow, so that you know it's me and not 'guest'.

If your gonna internet on an adult site, you're gonna need a thicker skin. you should also learn that, if you have an issue with on person, you should probably not throw a tantrum, call an entire sites membership "posers" or even a good portion of them and go poof. oh, and no, that information is NOT given in privacy. there's not a single word on the delete account page that says "this information shall remain private".

look,it's obvious that you're not cut out for this, so deleting your account is probably a wise course of action. not sure why you felt the need to return just to blow a gasket, but really, human nature stumps me constantly.

and please, feel free to respond to me in the most caustic manner you can dredge up. everyone else does, so why not.

sincerely,
the bemused owner of Cleo el Gato.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rookie Scribe
Quote by sprite

If your gonna internet on an adult site, you're gonna need a thicker skin. you should also learn that, if you have an issue with on person, you should probably not throw a tantrum, call an entire sites membership "posers" or even a good portion of them and go poof. oh, and no, that information is NOT given in privacy. there's not a single word on the delete account page that says "this information shall remain private".

look,it's obvious that you're not cut out for this, so deleting your account is probably a wise course of action. not sure why you felt the need to return just to blow a gasket, but really, human nature stumps me constantly.

and please, feel free to respond to me in the most caustic manner you can dredge up. everyone else does, so why not.

sincerely,
the bemused owner of Cleo el Gato.

Wallow in shit. And end your days therein.
Her Royal Spriteness
Quote by Tanya_B

classy. sorry you're not going to stick around with that attitude. you'd be such an asset to our community.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Scarlet Seductress
Quote by Tanya_B

I'm stuck on 'therein'. I feel like you can either use the word 'shit' OR the word 'therein'.

It's either, "Yea, verily I say unto thee: wallow in excrement and die therein."

Or, "Eat shit and die, Mothefucker."

Or, my personal favorite....

"Die screaming, you pig spawn trollup." ~Atia, Rome

I'm rating this a 9 for passion but a 4 for execution.

EDIT: Make that a 3 for execution.
Nerdzilla
Quote by Burquette
I'm stuck on 'therein'. I feel like you can either use the word 'shit' OR the word 'therein'.

It's either, "Yea, verily I say unto thee: wallow in excrement and die therein."

Or, "Eat shit and die, Mothefucker."

Or, my personal favorite....

"Die screaming, you pig spawn trollup." ~Atia, Rome

I'm rating this a 9 for passion but a 4 for execution.

EDIT: Make that a 3 for execution.

Lol =d> seconded.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
Quote by oceanrunner

I like big bats and I cannot lie....

Shouldn't that be "I like big bats and I cannot die"?

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
Quote by HeraTeleia

The moderators here are volunteers, last I checked, and donate their time and efforts towards keeping Lush the premier literary erotica site that it is. Don't like a moderator? Please, I beseech you, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

The OP deleting her account is quite likely due to some other interaction with some other Lush member(s). Whatever. It's not about Sprite, nor about any other moderator.

As to the original question, my story titles are almost always either double entendres (as in Double Oxer) or are taken from the story itself--although I tend to have a working title for whatever before I even begin writing.

I could not agree more about the moderators here. None of them is perfect, nor claims to be. Yet the many hours behind the scenes they
make judgments few of us would want to make, often in very heated atmospheres is remarkable.
Liz is a terrific writer who should be devoting her time to writing stories and poems not writing to me to say, "Sir no Santa Pics with children on his knee!"
Sprite is also a gifted writer and has a great playfulness. Her humor alone is not always taken as that. I could write pages about how good she has been to me as just another member. But like Bethany Frasier, she is someone I sincerely love and look up to as she and Beth know what it is like to hit the streets to support many issues we have taken for granted. I will never stop loving either one of them as great women.
Please remember that to do Sprite's job is impossible for the great majority of us, let alone put up with the psychological beating she takes for doing what is, with only a few rare exceptions, in the long term best interest of this site. She has to take on "thousands" of roles
to keep this place sane. How do you not adore someone like that?

If you can't think of what to call what you wrote about, why not call it, "A Story I Have No Name For." The OP was overwhelmed with the good will of some great people here to try to help, but slapped them in the face. Now she has done it again. I can't just sit back and watch people with good will get dissed.
I myself think the job they do is something I am, and know many others are, grateful for!!
Active Ink Slinger
Never mind, after looking through the thread above me, the person asking about a title isn't here anymore (apparently to the dismay of no one).

Maybe they should title it: 'Won't be Back'.