Keeping the Format

last reply
3 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
1 like
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I type on 'Note Pad' with the correct format and paste I lose the format. Which media should I be using to keep the format. I have a 10 chapter 'hot wife, interracial, voyeur' story to upload. How?
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
1 like
Firstly great to hear you've got a tale to upload, always good to have new content to read.
As for uploading for the love of the Goddess dont upload all 10 at once or the mod quake will be terrifying.
I find run your tale through a spell checker in word , then grammarly then proof read it.
When its completely perfect, none of mine are theres always a few bits I missed, then copy it into Lush.
I found I needed to reformat the paragraphs anyway so using the Lush editor means you can use preview to check how it all looks.
When you're done, click publish and then away the mods.
If you're not a gold member it can take a week or so to get processed.
The backlog goes nuts during competition season as that gets the attention.

I'm new here myself but happy to help if I can.
Best of luck getting your first story published. I'm sure it will be a proper firecracker.

Toodles

Oooh the writers group does have an editor or two in it so if you need help to whip that prose into shape we can help.
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I recall having problems with formatting, particularly paragraph spacing. When I pasted my story into the Lush editor, with a blank line between each paragraph, sometimes I would lose the blank lines between the paragraphs, and other times I would get three blank lines between each paragraph rather than one! I'm clearly not the only one - sometimes stories get published with three blank lines between each paragraph, which looks odd and requires a lot of scrolling for the reader. If it's a short story you can fix it manually after pasting, but that's a pain if you've got a long story.

See also this forum thread about this spacing thing https://forum.lushstories.com/yaf_postst74714_Submission-delayformat-issue.aspx

When you paste into the Lush story editor there are three clipboardy thingies that you can use to paste. One is blank, one has a T on it (for plain text) and one has a W (for Word). Sometimes you will also get an extra popup window saying you have to post into there. If you experiment with those three you should, I hope, find one that works for you.
"the Great God (snicker)" - James 'Bear' Llewellyn
0 likes
Quote by traddis
When I type on 'Note Pad' with the correct format and paste I lose the format. Which media should I be using to keep the format. I have a 10 chapter 'hot wife, interracial, voyeur' story to upload. How?

Notepad? There is bare minimum formatting that you can do with that.
If you have access to a copy of Word you would be better off with that.
For free alternatives I would go with one of the Open Office suites - I use Libre Office.

When you paste into the Lush editor carriage returns automatically give a double line, so I would set up your program to reflect this.
I have Libre paragraph settings at 0.30 cm below paragraph and Line Spacing at 0%.
This way I see the spaces between paragraphs without having to press return twice. When I look at my early entries, I had the double line and then would go through the Lush editor removing all the extra lines.

I would also recommend using Grammarly, but use the import/export function (rather than copy and paste) to retain the formatting.

Once you're there, give it a couple of days and then read it fresh and when happy, into Lush it goes. Make sure to be thorough when checking the preview, you can go from there back to the editor to tidy things up, save it as a draft (you'll find it again in 'My Stories') or you can publish.

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Once more in Love Poems - My Forever Beauty

My 2 previous submissions:

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Please read and enjoy. If you really enjoyed a story someone has written; how about clicking on 'Like' and/or 'Favorite'.
Why not leave a comment too?