Login

How do you react?

last reply
7 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
Earlier in the week I was pushing the boundaries and tried to publish another story. It was rejected because I went too far. I don't have a problem with this. How do others react in this situation?
Mr Nobody
Quote by ToniC
Earlier in the week I was pushing the boundaries and tried to publish another story. It was rejected because I went too far. I don't have a problem with this. How do others react in this situation?

Same here!! I was peeved, went outside, shot three squirrels
who were staring at me, then posted it on my own personal site
and another site where it was not deemed OTT

It's the way of life, you just move on.
Matriarch
I pulled the story ToniC, although I really didn't want to.

It was very well written, took lots of interesting twists and turns, was thought provoking, and the moderation team discussed it at length.

Ulitimately, with murder involved, it broke our site guidelines, and therefore wasn't deemed suitable for the site, however that doesn't make it any less of an excellent piece of work.

As DB pointed out, there are other places you can post stories, where that particular subject matter would be more suitable.
Lush Legend
Quote by DBarclay
Quote by ToniC

Same here!! I was peeved, went outside, shot three squirrels
who were staring at me, then posted it on my own personal site
and another site where it was not deemed OTT

It's the way of life, you just move on.

Do I have to report you to PETA again? What did those poor squirrels do to you?

[IMG]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z288/Nymphsin/Smilies/hitcha.gif[/IMG] you big bully!

LOL!
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Mr Nobody
Quote by Zafia

Do I have to report you to PETA again? What did those poor squirrels do to you?

Shut it ..or the Racoon get its next ...

I never shoot the water moccasin's though
Active Ink Slinger
I haven't had a story rejected or pulled off. Yet.
I really hope it never happens. I've never seen myself as a rebel, or rule-breaker, or the guy at the party who wears a lampshade and becomes office gossip for a week. And when it DOES happen, I feel rather bad about it. If one of my stories were pulled, and I knew why, I would probably try to rewrite it so it slipped under the rules and got published. but that's me.
You've been a bad girl! Now take your pajamas off and go to my room!
Lurker
As long as you read the rules and follow them you should have no trouble BB.