How do u feel when its finished

last reply
11 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Whenever I've written one full story, I want someone to tell me what they think. I have an urge for others to read what I have written. So that I can get honest opinions on what they do think of it,
Then a long period of half finished stories and keep writing and writing them. For theese stories I always feel very motivated, but get stuck at various points, start researching and so on. Atm I have five stories on standby that have erotic content and two without.

I don't think about topping my previous story, just how I'm going to put this new one up so that people might understand half of it.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
I'm always confused. smile
Lurker
0 likes
I did not spike your drink. I swear.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
I know.. I found a fly in my soup though!
0 likes
I don't think I've ever really finished a story. I can't leave them alone! I keep going back to change them.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Lisa
I don't think I've ever really finished a story. I can't leave them alone! I keep going back to change them.

In all of the writing classes I have ever taken (and there have been many) this is the most valuable lesson I ever learned. I once had a teacher who scored everything out of 6, and I scored 6/6 on every assignment for the whole semester. When I got a 95 in the clas instead of 100, I asked him about it.

He said, "Because, D, there is no such thing as perfect writing. A story is never finished, because the reader is never finished. Every time you read it you are a different person, you have had new experiences, and the story affects you in some new way. What might be perfect today will not be perfect next week, and if it's not persistent then it's not really perfection, is it?"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Isn't the end the beginning?
0 likes
Quote by Durrasch
Quote by Lisa

In all of the writing classes I have ever taken (and there have been many) this is the most valuable lesson I ever learned. I once had a teacher who scored everything out of 6, and I scored 6/6 on every assignment for the whole semester. When I got a 95 in the clas instead of 100, I asked him about it.

He said, "Because, D, there is no such thing as perfect writing. A story is never finished, because the reader is never finished. Every time you read it you are a different person, you have had new experiences, and the story affects you in some new way. What might be perfect today will not be perfect next week, and if it's not persistent then it's not really perfection, is it?"

He seems like the kind of teacher a writer would learn a lot from.
0 likes
Quote by xXxFuckDollxXx
Quote by Lisa

I know what u mean, my endings are sooo lame! But i have the 6-7part rule and just mentally dump the characters

I noticed you just posted chapter seven of your latest story. Have you started a new one now or are you taking a break?