A question of pussy

last reply
21 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
For all of you aspiring Hemingways of the erotic out there, why is it we have so few words for "pussy" which we can use for erotic descriptions?

When we discuss the penis in our literary masterpieces, we have little trouble mixing it up:
dick, cock, staff, rod, manhood, member, pole, etc. We even have other descriptions, i.e. "he gave her his full eight inches," or "she took his full length into her mouth." But with pussy, nothing much sounds right OTHER than pussy.

Example: "His lips wandered down her neck, over her breasts, finally reaching her..."
vagina, genitalia? sounds a bit formal for the discussion
twat, cooch? I'd just start laughing
poon tang, bearded clam, bald man in a pink boat, trim, tunnel of love, quivering mound of love pudding... not exactly sexy
cunt... most women find ofensive

We are left with pussy and clitoris that sound rather normal. I see it over and over in almost all the erotic literature I read. Why is that?

Tomorrow we can discuss the rather sparse options for asshole but for today I'm interested if any of you have good alternatives for pussy?
Clumeleon
0 likes
You could try employing some subtlety and avoid the word altogether.

"He positioned himself and, with a forceful thrust that made her gasp, entered her."

"His grunts and groans grew louder as he pumped into her again and again."

"A wandering hand quickly found its destination; thick fingers glided in and out with ever-increasing speed."

As you right more and more erotica, you'll find out what works for you and your style. There are plenty of ways to put across what you want to say and I have seen all sorts of words used in place of "pussy" that work just fine, in context. But then, sometimes "pussy" is already the perfect word.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In my writing, I have often tried to think of several different words or names for that desirable part of a woman. I have used many of the following in place of "pussy:"

Slit
Pink Pudding
Crevice
Sexual Divide
Sexual Place of Entry
Line of Division
Perfect Perforation
Line between Her Legs
Personal Seam
Ruffled Flaps

And those are just a few of what I may use.

I am not trying to brag here by no means, but on the following story, I received this comment, "You are definitely a vagina theasaurus. . ." Read it if you want at:

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/more-than-a-onenight-stand.aspx
"So don't cry to me.
If you loved me,
You would be here with me.
Don't lie to me,
Just get your things.
I've made up your mind."

--Evanescence
Lurker
0 likes
Georgia O'Keffe paint's picture's depicting pussy's. Check out her artwork, but she mainly works with textile's. You may find your own inspirational words for pussy!

Here's mine,

Honey pot, well I'am a Honeybee had to put that in.
Sweet Orchid... Just thought if it!
Mounds of Jupiter.
Le Mons.... haha that was a made up pun of my own. Like laMons as in Grand Prix
Pussay.. from the movie The Inbetweeners LOL Love that movie ha ha.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
In my contest entry, Willie And The Brain, I use, 'garden of earthly delights'. But, truth be told, the story is supposed to be, if not exactly funny, at least a bit amusing.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"Shazamm!", he shouted, as he sharply shoved his shivering shaft quickly into her quivering quim.

I've always want to see that in print again. I laughed my ass off the first time.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Lurker
0 likes
poetic - "...such stuff as dreams are made on" - Shakespeare (as in "He spent long lingering moments licking her stuff as dreams are made on.." Hmmm)

sociable - "Mrs. Sphincter’s next door neighbor" (as in "John seemed to enjoy chewing the fat (gossiping) with Mrs. Sphincter’s next door neighbor")

Anais Nin-like - "Delta of Venus" (as in "On sunny afternoons, Henry would take a punt down to the Delta of Venus and pole around the wetlands")

Mythical - "Pandora's box" ("Harold never forgot that at the bottom of Pandora's box there always remained Hope")

D/s - "That which belonged to Him" (as in "She shyly presented that which belonged to Him with a smile")

Virginal - "The road less taken" (as in "She blushed hotly as he slid down her panties and gazed at the road less taken with desire")
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I call it "her sex" a lot I notice. As in "like an electric current straight to her sex" or "brushing his lips over her sex".
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Great suggestions gang. I gotta admit "pink pudding" made me laugh
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Mostly, I just call it "Happy Bits" for pussy (hate that word almost as much as the clinical names), and "Happy Button" for clitoris (also hate that word).

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Shabalala....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"I suppose honey pot is something i would generally use,or nectar tunnel"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Honey Peach ..... as in " Her hands clamped hard she gave a screech .... my face deep in her Honey Peach "
Lurker
0 likes
"Pink Paradise" sounds particularly poetical to me.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Fireballsteve
For all of you aspiring Hemingways of the erotic out there, why is it we have so few words for "pussy" which we can use for erotic descriptions?

When we discuss the penis in our literary masterpieces, we have little trouble mixing it up:
dick, cock, staff, rod, manhood, member, pole, etc. We even have other descriptions, i.e. "he gave her his full eight inches," or "she took his full length into her mouth." But with pussy, nothing much sounds right OTHER than pussy.

Example: "His lips wandered down her neck, over her breasts, finally reaching her..."
vagina, genitalia? sounds a bit formal for the discussion
twat, cooch? I'd just start laughing
poon tang, bearded clam, bald man in a pink boat, trim, tunnel of love, quivering mound of love pudding... not exactly sexy
cunt... most women find ofensive

We are left with pussy and clitoris that sound rather normal. I see it over and over in almost all the erotic literature I read. Why is that?

Tomorrow we can discuss the rather sparse options for asshole but for today I'm interested if any of you have good alternatives for pussy?

Help! Vagina, Pussy, Cunt... what to call it....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well, yes, Pussy is a nice word. It has a good slippery sound.
But what is vulgar and inelegant is "Boobs". Now that is a term with no redemption. I happen to like "Tits", which is expressive but currently being banished by the girly political police.
What term do you prefer for mamaries?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've always been fond of using the word 'Petunia'... if it fits the flow of the story of course
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Always nice to see your presence around the forum, Gypsy. WB (whenever you can be!)

Quote by gypsymoth
Help! Vagina, Pussy, Cunt... what to call it....

The search functionality is a wonderfully nice tool to utilize. People either never have been exposed to such a forum tool before (or those they were exposed to, worked like crap). Or they are attention whoars.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I also like to use the elegant, international term "la pusse'". It sounds so high class.
0 likes
Let me finish that sentence for you...
1) ...soft mound
2) ...quivering mound
3) ...her glistening pool of bittersweet anticipation

Who says you even need to use a synonym for genitalia?

To be honest, I only use 'pussy' for characters when they speak or if the voice of the story demands it. Which is usually a lot.

It would be funny if the character said "Oh God?! Your glistening pool of bittersweet anticipation is so hot!". But it makes total sense when I describe a scene where the protagonist is kissing down her stomach to her glistening pool of bittersweet anticipation.