Writing opposite gender characters

last reply
35 replies
3.9k views
0 watchers
14 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I have and have used considerable experience that I have gained over many years with partners of both sexes. I like to discuss our experiences with the people I have had a relationship with. Both before and after. Asking your partner what they expected and how they enjoyed their experience with you in a commonsense way (not erotically) has given me the perspective I can write about. Being bi has helped get opinions and experiences from both my male and female partners and even during a relationship, the thoughts and feelings they are having. I enjoy a chat whilst we are ‘together’ as it adds a bit of spice to what we are doing and have done with others.

Some if my stories reflect these chats with a lot of literary licence to spice it up a bit.

Sex to me is a pleasure and often recreational. Some can, and others can’t accept sharing your body with another in a friendly way. I am not one of them.

Her Royal Spriteness
1 like

Quote by Icarus4

Obviously some think men are shallow pools of hormonal driven urges with no other thoughts but to rut with whatever comes their way. Well…my throbbing cock drives into your dripping cunt as I contemplate a double meat cheeseburger…mmmm this burger is really juicy….

that's why they are so much fun to write biggrin

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes

Quote by krystalg
To write men well, one only needs to know their inner drive, the root mote of their personality, and the fact that, for the most part, it is the acts of sex and enticement that get their motors revving.

Damn. Knew I was doing something wrong all these years. 🤪

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 109 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 72 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Advanced Wordsmith
1 like

Be careful. Do your research, talk to people of the opposite sex, read lots of fiction by people of the opposite sex, particularly read their same-sex fiction. Get comfortable inside their heads.

Same as you would for writing from the POV of another ethnicity, nationality or social class. It easily becomes apparent when you haven't a clue!

Wouldn't you rather have a nice cup of tea?
0 likes

Quote by AliRegretsNothing

Read lots of fiction by people of the opposite sex, particularly read their same-sex fiction.

Good advice. Perhaps I should read more lesbian erotica... just to improve my craft... and for no other reason. 😉

I recently published a gender-swap story called "Texas Toast" which started from a woman's perspective in her own body, and then her consciousness was transferred into a male body which, of course, led to sex (obviously). I felt like it was easier for me to understand and convey the sensations of a male body during sex, so it meant writing from a female perspective, which was a bit weird and I hope I've done it justice.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/supernatural/texas-toast

Don't believe everything that you read.