Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

my stories

last reply
4 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Okay I started posting my stories about August time in 2011.

I have written about 45 stories with a variety of subjects. I have just realised that that works out to about 6 stories a month. Is that too much?

Second thing I wanted to ask do I have any fans of my writing. Do you read my stories? If you do what subject do you enjoy reading?
Only you can be the judge of how much is too much. Inspiration drives us to write, so as long as you feel inspired, and you have the time to devote to it, keep going. Better to be prolific than suffer from writer's block.

One question to ask yourself is whether you are satisfied with the quality of your writing. Do you think you could produce something better if you took more time over it? Do you want to improve the quality or are you happy with it as it is?

I don't get as much time to sit and read stories as I would like, so I can't say I keep up to date with even my favourite authors here.

From the looks of the numbers of votes and comments you have on your stories, you're certainly reaching readers and making an impression. I have no doubt you have some fans out there.

Have you checked to see if you have any followers?
Whilst I totally agree with all that MOW has said here, when you post so many stories, I do think you have to be aware that if your storylines/subject matter remain similar, or focus on the same characters, potentially a certain element of boredom among your readers will inevitably creep in.

I do see some very established and talented writers on Lush, receive little attention, purely presumably because of the over frequency with which they publish. I have actually 'unfollowed' a friend because the frequency with which they produced stories was - well, frankly unbelievable !

As readers on an amateur sex stories site, I think the wider audience who are fellow writers, understand the effort, time and toil these stories take to produce. Therefore anyone who can 'knock a story out' with such prolific frequency maybe receives less accolade than they deserve.
Wow, six stories a month... I wish I had time to write that often.

Listen to these two ladies my friend, their questions and thoughts come from experience as both are quality writers. The point made by Mistress regarding your satisfaction with the quality of your work is an astute observation. Miss Swollen also is wise her observation of oversaturation.

I'm happy for you that you are both inspired, and actually have the time to write as much as you do. If your story lines are interseting and the writting itself is of high quality, you WILL have many followers. It's been my experience that it takes time to merge the two together.
Yes there is a risk that your quality of work might diminish from so many stories but the main person you write for is yourself and as long as you enjoy writing them that's the main thing. My advice is do as much as you'd like but try to keep up the quality.