Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How much time do you normally allocate for a reading session?

last reply
17 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Half an hour? 3 hours? More, less?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I read on the bus, on my way to work, s I get roughly 30-45 minutes. I'm usually wiped when I commute home 12 hours later, so I usually nap on the ride home. I have too many distractions at home to read there. *lol*

paranormal • erotic • romance
www.forlorn-hope.net
Lurker
0 likes
It's so hard to devote much time to especially when the writing bug hits. Since I apperciate being read I do my best to return the favor. Usually only a couple of hours a week, because once you factor in work and other activities I am left with very little time. It makes me wish I had a USB port in my brain or maybe some kind of Borg implants that would allow me to read, write and post within a few instants. LOL Not that I would go that way, but it seems there's never enough hours in the day, especially for reading. Oh for the simpler times, before I had a job, when I used to read somewhere between five and nine hours a day, sixteen on the weekends.

-MV
Lurker
0 likes
me ...loads...I spent the whole of sunday reading and tanning...hours and hours of peace and quiet...so depends on where I am..on my commute a-1 hour to 2 hours...at home an hour before I got to sleep unless I have insomnia then maybe 3 or 4 hours...
Lurker
0 likes
For me it really depends on what kind of book it is and how drawn in to it I am could be a half hour could be a lot longer specially if a true adventure story or a how to type of book.
0 likes
Since I've just gone on maternity leave from work (woohoo!) I'll be allocating a lot more time to reading over the coming weeks. Usually I spend a few hours at night reading and sometimes get the opportunity during the day on weekends, too.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Lisa
Since I've just gone on maternity leave from work (woohoo!) I'll be allocating a lot more time to reading over the coming weeks. Usually I spend a few hours at night reading and sometimes get the opportunity during the day on weekends, too.

Congratulation I just came off matt leave no to long ago I read a ton. Actually I read every adult book Gregory Maguire wrote they are really really good. They are all he childhood fairy tales with a sexual or adult twist....
Lurker
0 likes
Congratulations, Lisa! That's great news.
Lurker
0 likes
I think with me Nic, it can be anything from 2hrs if it's a book. If I'm reading on the internet I loose time much more and can spend 4 hrs reading.
I also do a lot of reading in bed at night, so I'm thinking about an hour and a half and then I get bum ache hee hee, then need sleep as my eyes can't focus anymore
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Being a retired...er....uh.....hmmm.... oh yeah... gentleman.... I can easily get lost here on lush and read for hours and hours. In the past two days, I read a complete paperback book of 370 pages cover to cover...

Lurker
0 likes
I have noticed a new trend and that is reading a book in the car, sometimes it feels so peaceful
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HoneyBee000
I have noticed a new trend and that is reading a book in the car, sometimes it feels so peaceful

Really new trend? I always thought that people do read in cars (if not driving).. Well I do, specially on long trips where is nothing to see but highway and sound barrier.. or listening really, really loud music. Does anybody dance in the car or is it just me, lol?

In a roll I read 2 hours but not at night, I fall into a sleep just after few minutes of reading, better the book is sooner I fall into a sleep, probably because better writing gets more relaxed I become..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
around 5-6 hours.......its vacation time and reading is the only thing to do.......even on workdays,being a student the reading hours are pretty much the same,its just that, the reading material is a bit academic in nature.
Let's put a smile on that face.
Lurker
0 likes
i can get utterly lost in a book and read for hours and hours. sometimes i have to be reminded to come up for air if its particularly engaging..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Usually about three hours, depending on the book.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
Reading is woven into the fabric of my life. I can read for as little as less than a minute looking up a reference or as long as all day on occasion. I read everyday from many sources for different reasons such as curiosity, the monthly selection for book club I am in, work related material, technical stuff etc.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by HoneyBee000

I have to read something in a car when I ride with someone else (preferably in the back seat, tightly belted in). Otherwise I am a horrid driving critic and I add to the stress of the driver, increasing the chances for...not good things to occur.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
I don´t ever allocate a specific amount of time - When I am involved in a book, I ususally don´t pick it up unless I have the chance to read a few chapters.